• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adil Rami

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5223640,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 40,00.html</a>

Lille's Adil Rami is concentrating on a strong finish to the season rather than getting carried away with transfer talk.

The 23-year-old defender's consistent performances have seen him being linked with a possible move to Arsenal or AC Milan.

But Rami himself simply wants to concentrate on performing on the pitch and is refusing to let transfer talk go to his head.

He told skysports.com: "I want to finish the season strongly.

"When teams such as Milan and Arsenal get mentioned to you it makes you dream but I am relaxed.

"Let's finish the season strongly with Lille and see."

Big centre back. Anyone have some insider knowledge?

Shue

Established Member
CB is pretty much the last thing we need, unless Squillaci and Djourou are both leaving.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Shue said:
CB is pretty much the last thing we need, unless Squillaci and Djourou are both leaving.

Even still, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker AND Rami would be a bit overkill especially considering CBs are usually the ones playing the most games in a season.

This rumor makes no sense. Your current 4 playing CBs are fine, the starting ones are excellent, I don't see any reason to add even more to that instead of gelling them together.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No chance of Rami, even if we want get rid off Djourou and Squillaci as Rami would expect to start, rightly so as he is too good to be sitting on anyone's bench.

Had a good first season at Valencia, so much so that whispers are Barca are having a look at him and his fellow team mate, Jordi Alba.

Would cost close to 20M too I think.

error_prone

I'm sorry , i forgot that donkeys like big Per are valuable members of Arsenal these days. Few years ago we called them Pascal and we prayed like mad so Kolo or Sol where fit to play, the same as I pray now for Kos and Verm. If i just have the nerves to put links of flops that he made this season (some of them were tragicomical) that resaulted as goals in our net or were cleared by Koscienly.

But yea, he is German international player with x games for them, doesnt really matter that he is the weakest spot in their team (not by me, i dont watch them, my friends say that who are germans)

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
error_prone said:
I'm sorry , i forgot that donkeys like big Per are valuable members of Arsenal these days. Few years ago we called them Pascal and we prayed like mad so Kolo or Sol where fit to play, the same as I pray now for Kos and Verm. If i just have the nerves to put links of flops that he made this season (some of them were tragicomical) that resaulted as goals in our net or were cleared by Koscienly.

But yea, he is German international player with x games for them, doesnt really matter that he is the weakest spot in their team (not by me, i dont watch them, my friends say that who are germans)

If he was the weakest spot, why would they'd play him 80 odd times? Surely, looking at Germany's pool of talent, they'd have someone they could call upon other then a "donkey"?

error_prone

well, they have problems with cb's like england with creative midfielders... donkey is maybe a bit too much , but he is nowhere near our first choice cb's or any other top defender in premier league and we gave good money for him and he's also on a good wage, so i would take verthogen or rami anyday for him and even pay for the difference

GDeep™

League is very weak
Per was more than good before his injury, quietly went about his business which had a positive influence around him. Our 2nd best CB behind Kos this season.

Everyone's golden boy, mine too, Vermaelen has made more mistakes and has looked more shaky in recent times than Per did before his injury too, just saying.

Mertesacker, Kos and Verms are the best set of CB's we have had for nearly 10 years, maybe longer, you can rotate with no drop in quality.

error_prone

No drop in quality? So, that means Verm=Koscienly =Mertersaker!!!!! Ok, I've seen everything here.

Btw, Vermalen missed a season of football, was later deployed to lb and still handled Man.city all star atacking lineup like np. But he had a bad game against QPR, we cant forget that! GO on arsenal.com match reports and see how shaky he is in "recent times" , so shaky that Scez almost forgot how to take the ball from the net

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
error_prone said:
No drop in quality? So, that means Verm=Koscienly =Mertersaker!!!!! Ok, I've seen everything here.

Btw, Vermalen missed a season of football, was later deployed to lb and still handled Man.city all star atacking lineup like np. But he had a bad game against QPR, we cant forget that! GO on arsenal.com match reports and see how shaky he is in "recent times" , so shaky that Scez almost forgot how to take the ball from the net

Mertesacker has been better than Vermalen this season don't let a few goals fool you. Bar a few mistakes in his first couple of months which is normal for a player adapting to the league Per has been good.

Vela

Established Member
Mertesacker has had a very good first season at Arsenal IMO. He reads the game very well. Everyone thought because he isn't the quickest he wouldn't be able to handle the pace of the Premiership.

Kos had been are best CB this season, Vermaelen scores a lot of goals for a CB but he does make mistakes.

Top Bottom