• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adil Rami

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's error-prones opinion, and he's entitled to it without people bashing him. 'Donkey' was a bit strong, and he's admitted that.

Pers's first season has not been without facepalm moments. At best, he's been quietly effective - at his worst, he's had some proper nightmares. I'm not convinced yet.

On topic, I don't think any CB's are on their way to Arsenal. We've got four internationals that Wenger likes, and decent backup after that if needed (Miguel, not Squid, who will leave shortly, and Song who can more than do a job). We're stocked.

Floating

Established Member
The Jury said:
On topic, I don't think any CB's are on their way to Arsenal. We've got four internationals that Wenger likes, and decent backup after that if needed (Miguel, not Squid, who will leave shortly, and Song who can more than do a job). We're stocked.

The only way I could see a defensive signing coming in is if they're a utility player like Vertonghen, who can fill in at multiple positions.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
Never has a username been more appropriate.

Why? Is the poster "Vela" a bottling crossdresser? Is "The Jury" really on jury duty?

Fill me in brah - exciting times.

On topic, I think we could see Vertonghen come in, and that it would free up the squad to get rid of Squid. Djourou is a utility man now for CB/RB, as is Kos (albeit first choice CB when we have a fit RB), and I don't think we'll be seeing Song at CB since he's so important to the creativity in our midfield now (as ridiculous as that is.)

Although I am happy with our defensive options (first time in years), I think we are lacking the quality cover at DM that Vertonghen could provide. Vert in and we are sorted for defence and midfield imo. Then on to upgrading the attack.

Mudi

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/398588/Valencia-ready-to-move-on-Arsenal-target-Adil-Rami-this-summer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... his-summer</a>

Valencia ready to move on Arsenal target Adil Rami this summer

ARSENAL may wish to bid for long-term defensive transfer target Adil Rami this summer with his La Liga club Valencia open to offers for him.

Rami has been linked with a move to the Premier League ahead of next season, with Arsenal and also Manchester United tipped as potential suitors.

And it appears certain that the Frenchman will leave Valencia in the summer, with reports in Spain suggesting the club are happy to listen to offers of between €8m-€10m.

That would mean a figure of around £7.5m would be enough to secure the central defender, who previously played for Lille before switching to La Liga.

With United manager-to-be David Moyes likely to have his own transfer targets in mind, the Gunners boss Arsène Wenger could move for to secure the services of Rami.

Valencia's economic problems have forced them to reconsider Rami's sale, while Inter Milan and Zenit St Petersburg are also tracking the 27-year-old.

A spanish friend, who supports Valencia, claims that Rami to Arsenal is very possible (was right on the Mata story as well).

Would be a very good signing for around £7.5m!!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was pretty good when he first joined Valencia, remember him being very strong in the air during his first season at the club, haven't watched much of Valencia since then and have heard that he's not been as impressive.

Marca is the Real mouthpiece. For that price, worth a punt I say, we need a CB.

Buhry

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417389/Man-City-and-Arsenal-target-Adil-Rami-can-leave-Valencia-for-7-75m?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... rt+Feed%29</a>

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
Floating said:
He'd be a good 3rd choice - not really going push to be a starter though.

I think someone like Rami, can potentially push Per out of the team.

Really? Per has become so important to our defense and our team, it seems. Along with Arteta and Cazorla, one of our key players last season.

Rami could be a surprise though, who knows - right age, right physique, right experience, right price.

thedon5

He is different type of defender to Vermaelen and Koscielny, he is more like Per.

He could do well here, and for as little as €8-9 m he would represent good value. Vermaelen and him would be our alternate CB pairing.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I've said this before but every time I've seen this guy, he's been atrocious. He seems to have earned a rep of being a high class defender and i don't know why. He's a clown.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
jmsmtthw28 said:
Cant we buy a young defender as our 4th choice?
Zouma, Ginter their are a few available
I would go along those sentiments as well. Would be a smart move, and keep squad harmony as they won't be dying for game time yet in a big club.

Top Bottom