• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrián López Álvarez

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2012/06/23/3194484/el-arsenal-puja-por-adri%25C3%25A1n-l%25C3%25B3pez&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2012/06/23/3194484/el-arsenal-puja-por-adri%2525C3%2525A1n-l%2525C3%2525B3pez%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DVlO%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=EprlT_arAYju8QP16uDXCg&ved=0CCkQ7gEwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... CCkQ7gEwAA</a>

Supposedly made a bid of around 12mill euros for him but his clause stands at 18million euros. Going to treat this rumour with a pinch of salt.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Re: Adrian Lopez Alvarez

Great young player, has everything in his locker from technique, pace to physique, think he would flourish in the EPL, and I think he would be available since Atletico have Falcao. That said, we'll never be in for him unless the Giroud deal falls through, sadly.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

This guy is unbelievable dribbly

wishful_llama

Could he play out wide? With Theo/Podolski/Gervinho/Ox as our only options we could probably do with 1 more body out there

dpt49

Established Member

tap-in said:
or if we know RVP will be going!
If we buy Giroud and Alveraz it would be safe to assume that Wenger doesn't think he can keep hold of RVP, unless he is going to start playing RVP behind a main striker.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dunno about goal.com but the google translation has had me in stiches :).
It includes things like these;
"Wenger has been caught with the performances of the young mattress"

"Atletico has made ​​clear its intentions to hold him, because he considered a pillar of the computer next to Falcao for next season"

Seriously as said already, if we were really in for him then it would imply that we couldn't keep hold of RVP or perhaps even Theo Walcott.

iced22

Spent time both up front and out wide, so we know he's versatile.

Surprisingly good when it comes to scoring with his head, even though he doesn't crack 6 feet tall. Not what you'd call clinical, although he's got decent composure. Oh, and not a bad dribbler either.

First touch could use some work though. Not hugely creative and an average passer at best. Link up play is a work in progress.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not see him too much but im reading he is not bad player. if we sign him thats mean rvp is leaving for sure.

Yaya

Established Member

Harsh. For a start he actually knows how to kick a ball.

mo50

Established Member

If we keep RvP I don't see us doing any more transfers involving attackers. Bring in a midfielder or two and let the hunt for the title commence.

Yaya

Established Member

mo50 said:
If we keep RvP I don't see us doing any more transfers involving attackers. Bring in a midfielder or two and let the hunt for the title commence.
Still think we could do with one more wide attacker. Not satisfied with Gervinho/Walcott/Chamberlain atm.

Anzac

Established Member

Is he going to be a replacement rumour for a Suarez / Alvarez(??) (the Argentines) type of forward?

A Gervinho with goals?
A goal scorer who can run with the ball?

Only way it makes any sense is if he's preparing to lose either/or/both RVP & Walcott.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Then how about.. Podolski? :p

Think four quality options for the wings, and two quality attackers up front is the most we can ask for, Wenger would say one more and there'd be unrest because of lack of playing time for some. He'd be right to say so at least from an economic perspective I think, every one of our six attacking players (except RVP ironically) cost 10m+, bad business to spend 10m on another player if most already are used to play 30-40 games+ a season.

Yaya

Established Member

Haven't mentioned Podolski, as there's no complaints there. Find Walcott too inconsistent tbh, struggled against teams who deploy park the bus tactics more often than not and went a year without scoring a home goal not that long ago, but that is not to say I am not satisfied with Walcott as an option to have off the bench, I definitely do, but as a starter? Nope.

Gervinho? well, far from competent to be an Arsenal starter, needs to improve drastically. So far I'd say he has been a flop. Chamberlain shouldn't have any business being in the starting line-up at this moment in time. Hence why I consider we could do with another WF signing, not denying though, that there are far more urgent areas we need to address first like in mf.

Airknight

Established Member

Can't see Atletico letting him go at all, and we'd be too packed with wingers.

Or we could sign him and move Gervinho to AM i guess :?:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom