• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrián López Álvarez

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Re: Adrian Lopez Alvarez

outlaw_member said:
We need two attackers who are a level above the likes of Walcott and Podolski, both of whom would ideally be our support options.

We would do well to get one attacker that is a level above Podolski and Theo in January. Getting two borderline world class players in January is asking for too much Wenger needs to decide what position in our front is more in need of strengthening immediately then choose a target and get Dicky Law to do his thing. I'm still undecided over whether the need for a top class wide forward/winger is more urgent than that of a top class striker because I think Podolski ,as the best finisher in the squad, is potentially our best striker if he gets a run of games there.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Adrian is a good player, but I'm unsure of what sort of impact he could have in England, even if it goes well I don't see him pulling up any tree's. Prettier on the eye than say Poldi, but numbers wise I'm not sure Adrian could do more.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

jmsmtthw28 said:
David Villa who is not available, maybe we can kidnap him
Not available because Marca say so? :lol:

If we put a bid of £20M in for him he'd be ours, don't be so pessimistic.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Pound for pound, Wilfred Zaha pisses all over Villa from a great height if we are talking 'bang for your buck'.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
Pound for pound, Wilfred Zaha pisses all over Villa from a great height if we are talking 'bang for your buck'.
Different players though aren't they? I know who I'd want through on goal in the last minute of a game, and he's not English.

leo_ense

Established Member

GDeep said:

What do we need though? Tbh Zaha just reminds of Gervinho and I feel a little sick just thinking about having two of them. If we bring in Zaha we will wait around with a sub standard forward line for a player who may not develop into a world beater, and if he does he may decide to **** off elsewhere. David Villa has been around the block and is the real deal.

leo_ense

Established Member

AnonymousFC0: Arsenal are close to agreeing a fee with Atletico over the signing of Adrian Lopez. Wenger wants him in time for the City game. #AnonymousFC

AFCG7

Established Member

I am very dubious about what Wenger thinks is good for Arsenal in the playing department. So to say Wenger knows what is needed , then to think Adrian is right for us isnt enough. Wenger just cant be trusted nowadays. He is just as likely to spend money on a dud like Gervinho , or get lucky gambling like he did with Cazorla.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

jmsmtthw28 said:
Who is available in this widow that is on the same level as RVP and Rooney?

Jovetic? Obviously we'd have to break our transfer record. Barce may sell Villa still if they get a decent offer, it's standard procedure to play hard to get

say yes

forum master baiter

AFCG7 said:
I am very dubious about what Wenger thinks is good for Arsenal in the playing department. So to say Wenger knows what is needed , then to think Adrian is right for us isnt enough. Wenger just cant be trusted nowadays. He is just as likely to spend money on a dud like Gervinho , or get lucky gambling like he did with Cazorla.

Huh?

Wenger is still as good a judge of talent as any manager imo.

To claim he got lucky with Cazorla is ridiculous, his talent was well-known.

AFCG7

Established Member

I meant lucky as in how Cazorla became available at such a low fee. There is not a chance in hell we would sign Santi at such a low fee if not for the financial situation at Malaga.

mo50

Established Member

jmsmtthw28 said:
David Villa who is not available, maybe we can kidnap him

If we wanted to make him available, we could do it.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

i hesitate to say hes not good enough, because i dont know if hes good enough.

i really had no idea who michu was before this year, i certainly wasnt asking for arsenal to sign him, and hes been the signing of the season. he played one season in la liga and scored 15 goals. thats pretty good, especially in a lower echelon team, but how many here wanted him or thought he'd be an instant hit in the EPL? id guess no one, and there are lots of "la liga experts" on this board, and lots of people saying adrian isn't good enough for arsenal.

ive seen him play a few times. he looks like a decent player. can shoot with both feet, good header of the ball, not a blazing fast player but not a plodder. so he seems well rounded, though not exceptional in any one area. he plays for a good team right now, and he'd be moving to a good team here. is he good enough? good enough for what? hes not likely to develop in to a world class talent, but we're not developing a world class team, our aims are finishing 3rd or 4th. with good service, he'll probably score a decent amount of goals.

since he has a modest release clause in his contract, we can afford him. we obviously cant afford elite talents like falcao, cavani and others. so i guess this is what we have to settle for, at least at this point.

AFCG7

Established Member

I'm sure we can afford at least one elite talent , it will not kill us.
Take Falcao for example.. A.Madrid sold Aguero , and straight away reinvested in Falcao.. they also got Aguero straight after selling Torres. They were in a worse debt situation than us when they signed Falcao , who has won them the Europa , Supercup and taken them high up the La Liga table. We can afford to risk one elite talent , especially after selling so many players for big money in the last 2 years.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Although I agree, Atletico Madrid will have to sell Falcao soon because of their debt, they're badly run to be honest, they could end up doing a Villarreal if they're not careful.

AFCG7

Established Member

That plays into our hands to be fair. We are a well run club financially.I am sure a Falcao will not bankrupt us.. i am not talking about a PSG/City/Chelsea type spending spree on 4 or 5 players on big wages. Just one.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

THunter said:
Although I agree, Atletico Madrid will have to sell Falcao soon because of their debt, they're badly run to be honest, they could end up doing a Villarreal if they're not careful.

Villarreal were relegated for football reasons. They had a few long time injuries to key players, and some of their signings were complete flops. They are actually very well run, they were relegated simply because they weren't good enough and at times very unlucky in 2011, which is also testament to, contrary to popular belief, the competitiveness of La Liga.

Atlético on the other hand sit 2nd in La Liga comfortably, seven points in front of 3rd placed Real Madrid, pretty sure they aren't going to be relegated soon. They are historically the third biggest club in Spain and have some arrangements regarding their tax debt in place, they won't sell Falcao if they don't get a deal they are happy with, and they'll almost certainly use a big chunk of the fee they'll get for him to buy another top player.

Think he's Real bound btw, Chelsea would be a step down for him from Atlético to be honest, and Real can easily match their wages, he's better than both Benzema and Higuain, the latter should move for the sake of his career anyway. Would be career **** for him if he went for Russian petrol dollars, it should be known by now that Stamford Bridge is the place strikers go when they die.

Anyway, back to Adrian.. get him in, he's far better than his stats this season suggest, and he's versatile enough to play everywhere in our front three.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

@Jones looks like you like to watch la liga alot, i just want to ask you:

If you compare Adrian with Reyes dose they have the same ability?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I weren't comparing the situations of the two clubs, was just using Villarreal as an example of a club at the top end of the table getting relegated.

Regarding Adrian, I've been looking at clips of him and although they don't show you everything, his movement certainly looks good, which is something we desperately need in attack.

Goon_si

I always had a good feeling about Adrian. Just felt like he would fit in well here. He is getting in his prime, is fast and technical and can play all across the front three. Also available on a reasonable fee.

And another thing, all Spanish players seem to have a natural gift to perform in the Premier League. Crazy how many of them dominate right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom