• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adriano

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsurg

Adriano gets Henry's vote

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... ce=Evening

Henry's going to vote for Adriano. Could it be that he wont mind playing with him. Certainly the type that would get 20+ goals a season, can be very selfish ( but its a quality of all strikers have) tonnes of skill strength and ability.

But going to cost more than an arm and leg so probably its just me fantasizing. But I think Adriano is the type of signing I would consider big ( the type AW has been saying) and certainly he can fire us to CL glory.

Titi + Adriano = 50+ goals IMO

But am I just been a wishful thinker?

rashin

i think adriano is amazing, the only problem is wether he will fit in
can he play with henry
will he get the type of service he needs
what about reyes?
will he perform in the premiership?

malagar

rashin said:
i think adriano is amazing, the only problem is wether he will fit in
can he play with henry
will he get the type of service he needs
what about reyes?
will he perform in the premiership?
1. yes
2.yes
3. left wing
4. yes

JGooner

Adriano would be a great signing. Just give Wenger the £40m it will cost to win a bidding war, and he's ours.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He's my dream attacking signing. Unfortunately, we'd have to fight a losing battle with the Chavs in order to sign him. Not going to happen, I'm afraid.

Gurgen

Established Member
He would be fantastic of course and him and Henry would really make some people cry but we're never going to be able to afford him, unless he somehow has a secret desire to join us and reject all 150k a week offers from clubs like Chelsea.

dsurg

Would be the perfect person to replace Bergkamp.

Can Lightening strike at the same place twice? Inter? Of course it would cost at least 40m to buy him. And I'm not sure he is in our league.

But to be honest this is what I keep saying about us, we need to go out and sign someone like him and then we may have that fear factor in Europe that we enjoy so much in England.

In the CL teams simply don't fear us, with a signing like that, teams would be a lot more apprehensive about playing us. And nothing causes mistakes more than fear and if you ask me thats our biggest problem in the CL, we fear our opponents and they dont fear us.

Adriano and Henry, then the whole of europe would start to fear us a lot more and wont be so confident when they are drawn against us. Cos if you ask me Kolo's howler in Munich was more down to fear than anything else. Unfortunately the teams we play against dont exhibit such fear.

Gurgen

Established Member
No **** we would have a fear factor about us, we'd have the two best strikers in the world. No club has that and we're certainly not getting it. Dreaming is nice though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
adriano is soooo overrated. another brazilan hype. too selfish and lacks vision. a great indivdual player, but a crap teammate. let him stay in italy; we sure as hell don't need him...

MightyArsenal

Adriano is a bastard to play against. The guy is a rock, players just bounce off of him. Incredible players. But its a pipe dream sadly......

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
adriano is soooo overrated. another brazilan hype. too selfish and lacks vision. a great indivdual player, but a crap teammate. let him stay in italy; we sure as hell don't need him...

Who cares if he lacks vision? He can steamroll through defences on his own, and with Henry supplying him he'd be nigh on unstoppable.

Canuck

Established Member
After the Inter fans display today, I wonder if UEFA will ban the team from CL next season...if so, maybe they'd have some players that would rather not sit out of european comp.
...Adriano, VanDerMeyde, Martins...Mihajlovic, Cordoba (I especially like that one) :wink:
^note the wink...don't take this too seriously people. :wink:

_scorpion_

Established Member
Canuck said:
After the Inter fans display today, I wonder if UEFA will ban the team from CL next season...if so, maybe they'd have some players that would rather not sit out of european comp.
...Adriano, VanDerMeyde, Martins...Mihajlovic, Cordoba (I especially like that one) :wink:
^note the wink...don't take this too seriously people. :wink:

Canuck , if it makes you feel better....this was the first thing I thought of when i saw the stupidity of the Inter fans at the game this morning.

i would not be suprised if they are booted out of the CL for a year or so....

What will this mean? Well you said it .....a chance to grab some players that will obviously want to play in the CL next year.

However I have a feeling it will only be the fans that get banned, rather than the team or club punished.

asajoseph

Established Member
There's about as much chance of us signing Adriano as Franny Jeffers has of winning the European Golden Boot next season. And we've not even been linked with him.

I can't believe this thread has made it to two pages...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kel varnsen said:
well, football is still a team sport and adriano wouldn't improve our team as a whole...

can I have some of the crack you're smoking?

he wouldnt improve our team as a whole? you have GOT to be kidding... hmm... scoring 20+ goals while having a 30+ goal scorer in the team feeing him and feeding off of him. yeah, we would suck with him in the squad...

:roll:

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
kel varnsen said:
well, football is still a team sport and adriano wouldn't improve our team as a whole...

can I have some of the crack you're smoking?

he wouldnt improve our team as a whole? you have GOT to be kidding... hmm... scoring 20+ goals while having a 30+ goal scorer in the team feeing him and feeding off of him. yeah, we would suck with him in the squad...

:roll:

well, i think the team as a whole would be weaker. even though adriano would probably score a few goals, i think we would suffer as a team. he is just too selfish. never looks up and always try to do things alone...

Chips&CurrySauce

Kel is right in saying that Adriano is very selfish, probbalyone of the most selfish plyers in the game.. He plays for himself which for me is a concern, although he is a great player...

Personally I like Julio Baptista, (the beast).. He plays in the withdrawn role but is also capable of scoring 20 odd goals a season and is excellent in the air and would probably compliment Henry better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom