• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adriano

Status
Not open for further replies.

run

I have no idea how much Adriano would cost...certainly less than a year ago considering he only scored 5 goals this season and has practically put out a sign saying come get me.

I would never offer Henry as part of a player swap, and I have my doubts about his ability to turn his career back around but if ever there was a time to go for him, this might be it.

Think about it, if we sign a winger and if Henry and RVP are healty next year, then we really don't need him. Sure he would cost us some money but it wouldn't necessarily ruin our season if he didn't work out.

But what if he did? He's hardly in a position to demand minutes given his form last season, he may respond to the challenge, he may bond with Gilberto and Denielson, he might want his place in the Brazil team back, he may be a revelation. As trisoman said a 4-3-3 with him in the middle is mouthwatering.

Players with his potential only come along so often. Wenger is always talking about "superclass" players, well here one is. Maybe we should take a chance.

But of course it will never happen.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
thanks for diging this one out Nadz, bloody hell man, how many times has this deal re-occured...it must be the 5th time this season.....in all honesty, NO!!
but as it goes im a very huge fan of adriano and if there is one person who can reignite a player, it is wenger....i wouldnt mind a season loan but not a swap with henry

Nutsy

Established Member
No worries.

I would agree on the fact that Wenger can bring out the bes out of Adriano. but Inter is not willing to give him up - that is if we are interested, on loan or not, with Henry involving in the deal.

FFs. This is old news revamped to be honest, we were not seriously considered this deal before, what were they thinking that we might change our minds now.

On loan would be good to be honest, to see how he goes, if he can adapt to the Premiership - which at times I actually doubt. If anything I rather have Julio Cruz than Adriano.

Its more of a yawn than a sigh.Old news revamped.

Nutsy

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Inter only value Henry at £14m?

See How deluded these ****s can be? And we thought Sp*rs are the delusional bunch. Henry for 14m. LMFAO! The moment I see the 14m value is all complete bullcrap. And honestly for that they are thinking of swapping for Adriano?

Nutsy

Established Member
Hey he didn't value at 14m now did he eh Duls? He's valued at 16m :roll:, that's 2m short.

Bright side is Adriano ain't coming.. (yet)

M+D

Established Member
Inter Milan striker Adriano has been linked with a move to Arsenal (Gazetta Della Sport). According to the Italian newspaper, a decision could be made on his future in the next 48 hours, with a loan move to England a possibility.
This would be quite a shocker, but it's a prospect that must fill all Gunners fans with excitement. God only knows how much he’s on, but it’s sure to be a damn sight more than anyone currently at the club. The bustling front man is something of an enigma. When he is on his best form he is pretty unstoppable but he can be inconsistent, as his form over the last three seasons suggests – he scored just six goals last term after hauls of 19 and 28 in the previous two. Do Arsenal fans think he is worth the gamble?

From Sportingo, but the actual Adriano to Arsenal story originated from here

belgianfan

Not gonna happen,

but I would be excited. It would be a risk and it could turn wrong but there is a slight chance Arsène is the man to change his ways...

and if he works out his issues, he could be massive for us, massive I say :D

kym7224

His agent admitted Inter wants to loan out him.

But he wants permanent move within this week or January.

I think Man U can be interested.

asajoseph

Established Member
Adriano is an absolute giant man, a real beast of a player. Really struggled at Inter last season though, but I can't help but feel that there is a very good footballer still locked away in there.

Can't see Arsène signing him in a million years though.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
If anyone can revive him, it's Wenger. He's still only 25, and while his strike record has tailed off, he still has 43 goals in 99 appearances for Inter. He could be a force to bring off the bench.

Mark

Established Member
Adriano looks built like a Premiership striker to me. Not had the best of times recently, but if Wenger could work his magic we could have ourselves an equivalent of Drogba. Strong, skillfull, powerful striker of the ball, good in the air. But if it goes wrong, we could have ourselves another slow and lazy Baptista. Too close to call.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
The big thing will probably be the pace of the game. He'd obviously need time to adjust, though it's a bit different for strikers and mids I'd say. Craptista always had 4 guys right on top of him in the middle of the pitch. Adriano wouldn't have to do as much work in the middle 3rd, he'd just have to focus on finding space and muscling off his man in the box.

I don't want to see a loan deal. It might take him a season to get adjusted and learn our style of play, and at that point, he will probably be heading back to Inter. If he plays well, it will drive his price tag up, and we know how that goes. The only way a loan deal works, for me, is if they agree on a set fee that can't go up and we have the option to buy at that price or send him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom