• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adriano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder

Artillero said:
Adriano has been shocking for two season and shows no signs of improving.

Exactly.

As a part time Inter fan, he's tricked me into thinking the big goal explosion was about to come several times and it just hasn't happened. There was the white hot Copa America. There was the brilliant stretch of 2004. There was the opening day hat-trick a few years back. Then just meh...

Now, for sure, he'll still score goals if he gets 90 minutes every game, but his inconsistency is maddening and his conditioning leaves a lot to be desired. He will always be a tease because of his obvious talents and raw power, but unless he really dedicates himself he may tread water for the rest of his career.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Wenger is good at tapping into raw talent and finding something that no one else has found. If Adriano's issue is fitness, maybe Arsène can help him like he's helped countless others.

I think we could struggle for goals at times this season. Adding someone with the pure talent of Adriano, at a cutrate price, seems like a decent proposition.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Signing Adriano would fly in the face of Wenger's comments about the team being important. If you understand this current Arsenal side, you'd understand why Arsène would never sign a player like Adriano.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
fantastic point patrick, although i really admire adriano(one of my top 5 best footballers of today) but signing him would make wenger look like a fool after his comments about togetherness and cutting loose lethargic players(henry,freddie)
right now, adriano is a lost man not just player...his father passed away, he then became a party animal,smoker,slight alki but although moratti loves him like a son, hes willing to let him go on loan so he can be his old self again
moratti woulnt loan him to no silly club but a club that will look after him...man city,parma and arsenal all have individuals that can take care of adriano
i hope just like all the inter faithful hope he goes back to his old form but with all the sharp strikers inter have, its hard for mancini to drop them for him in present moment so it may be elsewhere, but as i said, imo....dont think here!!

xcdude24

Established Member
I don't see this happening. Wenger knows what happened last time he signed a bulky Brazilian. At his age I think he may be a little too old to clean up, as well.

If he's going anywhere in England, he'd to go Manchester.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know Adriano might ba available for on loan. But even if Inter are willing to lower Adriano's price, I would rather Wegner to spend double amount of money on Alex Pato than on Adriano.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
hmm.. i wonder if it was really Nik they wanted in return... or who it was indeed...

to be fair, Wenger should tell this player he didnt want to give up about it to show them how highly he thinks of them that he gave up Adriano for them... nice confidence booster

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
celestis said:
Adriano is going to West ham apparently for 17 million .
well, it has only been confirmed that they made a bid, not actually signed him yet.. but i feel safe in saying he is not coming to Arsenal... i will now lock this as Wenger has flat out said he turned him down cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom