• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

jarsenal_man

No thanks, don't need such short term thinking, in the summer we are losing Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini - will need four midfielders players by then.

Don't mind short term loans if the conditions are right, but they aren't.

Short-term thinking (i.e. loans) is required for short-term problems. Don't see why so many would be against loaning Rabiot just because he has a good future ahead of him. He'd still be a useful asset while we're down to bare bones.

Also, we have been linked. What's more, the player publicly asked for a loan move in January as a christmas present from PSG, and we have been strongly interested in him in previous windows. Add to that the fact we are short at cm and it becomes clear why Rabiot's being talked about as an option. Still don't think it'll happen though.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It makes allot of sense considering we're desperate for players who aren't cripples
Can't see Wenger loaning a young player with no option to buy - it just won't happen I'm afraid no matter how good the player is or could be. He's not going to train up some yute for another club.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Looks unlikely but wouldn't be against it at all even if on a short term loan. You never know, he might love it here and won't want to back with Wenger dealing with PSG if he turns out a success.

He looks some talent and if it materialized, as in a permanent deal, we could get away with a cheap deal for M'vila for example. Arteta,Rosicky and Flamini wouldn't be needed, further with Ramsey, Jack, Santi, Coquelin, M'vila and Rabiot being the options in central midfield while Özil, Santi, Jack in central attacking midfield should be enough.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Can't see Wenger loaning a young player with no option to buy - it just won't happen I'm afraid no matter how good the player is or could be. He's not going to train up some yute for another club.

Wenger would prefer and option to buy. But he loans players without that when he's short and he'll probably make sure he gets a great deal out of it.

If he's an upgrade on Flamini or back up for Ramsey doesn't that make sense?

All that matters this window is making this title challenge last.

Bananacoffee

Short-term thinking (i.e. loans) is required for short-term problems. Don't see why so many would be against loaning Rabiot just because he has a good future ahead of him. He'd still be a useful asset while we're down to bare bones.

Also, we have been linked. What's more, the player publicly asked for a loan move in January as a christmas present from PSG, and we have been strongly interested in him in previous windows. Add to that the fact we are short at cm and it becomes clear why Rabiot's being talked about as an option. Still don't think it'll happen though.

Sure, my point exactly, our problem becomes long term in the summer if pull a short-term solution out of the bag for this one.

redanddread

Wenger would prefer and option to buy. But he loans players without that when he's short and he'll probably make sure he gets a great deal out of it.

If he's an upgrade on Flamini or back up for Ramsey doesn't that make sense?

All that matters this window is making this title challenge last.
I hardly ever see TOP clubs loaning players from other clubs on short term without options to buy............in theory it Rabiot to Arsenal on loan makes sense but in reality I've never seen that thing it happen (at Arsenal under Wenger)

GabeGooner

Loaning Rabiot may only solve a short-term problem, but that is the priority here. It's no good securing his future if we don't improve ourselves in the short-term and miss out on the title as a result.

At the same time, bringing him on loan may convince him to make the move permanent. Just because PSG are happy to give us him for a few months doesn't mean we're only going to be happy keeping him for that long. Perhaps with the difficulties he has at PSG, the loan move may be seen as the best option right now – it allows us and him to see what each other has to offer and gives both time to see how things would work over a longer period of time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wenger has a good relationship with PSG and Rabiot just got a serious telling off for publicly requesting a loan so relations between him and the club may be strained.

I don't understand the notion of rejecting a loan simply because we can't buy him. If he's better than what we currently have in the first eleven then we would be foolish not to bring him in? The only other way to get a CL level midfielder in Jan would be to pay a 15M+ fee.

redanddread

Arsenal FC transfer news: Target Adrien Rabiot not for sale, insists Paris Saint-Germain chief

"He is a young midfielder but he is ready to play", he told Calcio Mercato.

"PSG trust him a lot and I think he'll remain at the club. PSG are playing lot of competitions and they will definitely need him.

"The club is forced to win every year but they also need to think about the future."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/arsen...paris-saint-germain-chief#HBeSzhW0Vsgriufr.99

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I hardly ever see TOP clubs loaning players from other clubs on short term without options to buy............in theory it Rabiot to Arsenal on loan makes sense but in reality I've never seen that thing it happen (at Arsenal under Wenger)

We do though see Benayoun, Baptista and Kallstrom. And it's not like they didn't all help us.

redanddread

We do though see Benayoun, Baptista and Kallstrom. And it's not like they didn't all help us.
True - but we had an option to buy Baptista, & Kallstrom & Benayoun were both older, tried & tested (one with a lot of EPL experience) players that were bought in to do a specific short-term job.

With a younger player I imagine there's a slightly greater risk that things don't work out & thus I don't see them bringing in Rabiot on a short-term loan.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Wenger has a good relationship with PSG and Rabiot just got a serious telling off for publicly requesting a loan so relations between him and the club may be strained.

I don't understand the notion of rejecting a loan simply because we can't buy him. If he's better than what we currently have in the first eleven then we would be foolish not to bring him in? The only other way to get a CL level midfielder in Jan would be to pay a 15M+ fee.

Except Rabiot is not "better than what we currently have in the first eleven", a lot of you guys are overestimating him. He's a 20 year old youngster who's going to need time to adapt to the jump from the France league. Same goes for Ruben Neves, Mohamed El Nenny or anyone else we bring in. If we want to sign a short term option who can make an impact in a half season, we are always going to need to sign someone experience in the premier league. And I honestly can't think of one obtainable who will be a significant upgrade from Flamini.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Except Rabiot is not "better than what we currently have in the first eleven", a lot of you guys are overestimating him. He's a 20 year old youngster who's going to need time to adapt to the jump from the France league. Same goes for Ruben Neves, Mohamed El Nenny or anyone else we bring in. If we want to sign a short term option who can make an impact in a half season, we are always going to need to sign someone experience in the premier league. And I honestly can't think of one obtainable who will be a significant upgrade from Flamini.
He is definitely better than Flamini. The kid comfortably played in midfield when PSG dominated Real at the Bernebau.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He is definitely better than Flamini. The kid comfortably played in midfield when PSG dominated Real at the Bernebau.

And Flamini completely shut out David Silva, so what's your point? You don't understand how football works if you expect Rabiot to switch to another club in another country and still perform at the same level instantly.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

And Flamini completely shut out David Silva, so what's your point? You don't understand how football works if you expect Rabiot to switch to another club in another country and still perform at the same level instantly.
Alright.

If you don't see how Rabiot improves us then there's no point of any further discussion.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

*fingers crossed* 'please be a good link please be a good link, ****'.

TorontoGooner76

Saw him play live in a pre season match v benfica who fielded pretty much their whole first team. I was impressed with what I saw. He is good on the ball and reads the game quite well for such a young player. I would be happy to see him at Arsenal in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom