• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
redanddread said:
MutableEarth said:
http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/08/06/scout-report-adrien-rabiot-psg-frances-young-midfielder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reading this, doesn't sound like he's a player we should be going for in all honesty. Unless he becomes a ball-winner overnight on top of his technical ability.

Opta Jean reports Rabiot won 37/40 tackles last season

Even more intriguing, contradicting the article almost entirely. Everything I've read after reading it points to a more defensive player. It appears he's more in the Arteta mould of DM, but he has a good bit of size and athleticism. Not sure what his power and strength is like though, will re-watch some comps.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
French? Check. Cheap? Check. Young? Check.

Nah Wenger is definitely not interested.

But seriously, he is a decent height and if we bulked him up a bit I think he could work.

If Chelsea are trying then it means Moaningho is worried about us getting him which is usually a good sign.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea won't be able to buy him, they'd have to sell 2 players to accommodate him due to homegrown squad registration. I'd be more worried about Juve tbh, they could easily give him more playing time than us if Vidal or Pogba goes.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
tap-in said:
His agent is his Mum, she said in an article I read recently that playing time for her son is more important than money. Think that rules out Chelsea :) He's ours to lose, would love him here just to see what he develops into, could be a huge player for us for many years.

I think it's the first time I've ever heard that in football :lol:

Mudi

Rex Banner said:
Chelsea won't be able to buy him, they'd have to sell 2 players to accommodate him due to homegrown squad registration. I'd be more worried about Juve tbh, they could easily give him more playing time than us if Vidal or Pogba goes.

He is 19 so he doesn't need to register. But I do think that Chelsea does want him, loan him out and see if they can sell him with a profit. That's what they did with several youngsters.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bigbludfire said:
tap-in said:
His agent is his Mum, she said in an article I read recently that playing time for her son is more important than money. Think that rules out Chelsea :) He's ours to lose, would love him here just to see what he develops into, could be a huge player for us for many years.

I think it's the first time I've ever heard that in football :lol:

John arne Riise.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
BobP said:
Who is he going to get game time ahead of here though? Arteta? gradually maybe but outside of that he would only be a part of the current rotation.

Even if he just rotated with Arteta, he would still get more game time than PSG or Chelsea. Arteta will only play about 30 games if he stays fit, also sub appearances & cup games could give Rabiot 20+ games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
tap-in said:
BobP said:
Who is he going to get game time ahead of here though? Arteta? gradually maybe but outside of that he would only be a part of the current rotation.

Even if he just rotated with Arteta, he would still get more game time than PSG or Chelsea. Arteta will only play about 30 games if he stays fit, also sub appearances & cup games could give Rabiot 20+ games.

The kid's hugely rated in France. I have seen very little, but it does sound encouraging (to me it does anyway). I'd imagine if he's as good as I've read that he is, he could displace Arteta. He doesn't seem like the most physical player though, but neither is Arteta. If he comes in, get Shad on the case to strengthen him :D.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
MutableEarth said:
tap-in said:
BobP said:

The kid's hugely rated in France. I have seen very little, but it does sound encouraging (to me it does anyway). I'd imagine if he's as good as I've read that he is, he could displace Arteta. He doesn't seem like the most physical player though, but neither is Arteta. If he comes in, get Shad on the case to strengthen him :D.

From what I've seen he is more physical than Arteta by some distance. He is given as 1.88m on wiki thats about 6'3" and 71kg, so yes, needs beefing up a bit and I'm sure there is plenty of room for that. When I first started monitoring him a few months back, I remember thinking he didnt play like a 19 yr old, he was the key player when I first watched him for PSG, everything was going through him so you knew his team mates trusted him. I hope we get him, I'm sure Wenger will be a huge influence and will charm his Mum into submission :D

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Express are saying we have now held talks with PSG and the player. The star are going a step further and saying we have had a £5.5m bid accepted. OK, its the star.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394833/Arsenal-have-a-bid-ACCEPTED-for-PSG-star-Adrien-Rabiot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ien-Rabiot</a>

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just done a search for this kid, looks promising. Again like most players we are linked to who are in this age bracket they all have something you feel Wenger can work with and this kid is no different. Tall, strong, decent technique, young and promising.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
tap-in said:
MutableEarth said:

From what I've seen he is more physical than Arteta by some distance. He is given as 1.88m on wiki thats about 6'3" and 71kg, so yes, needs beefing up a bit and I'm sure there is plenty of room for that. When I first started monitoring him a few months back, I remember thinking he didnt play like a 19 yr old, he was the key player when I first watched him for PSG, everything was going through him so you knew his team mates trusted him. I hope we get him, I'm sure Wenger will be a huge influence and will charm his Mum into submission :D

To me, the main thing is that Wenger clearly wants a multidynamic midfielder in the holding spot, rather than the tough-tackling, ball-winner-cum-c*ntish leader we all seem to crave in holding midfield :lol:. Rabiot seems to represent that - intelligent, tactically astute, good technique and passing game, good dribbling, potential for physical power and as a bonus is a good tackler. All the makings of a holding player in our team.

From the little info I have, I can see a little of what Wenger sees. Definitely someone to shadow and eventually overtake Arteta. Arteta is clearly Wenger's general on the field, representing Wenger's football brain on the playing staff - it's no wonder Wenger prefers to play him. But Arteta (and Wenger himself) obviously is conscious that he's going to slow down eventually. Rabiot may represent the perfect replacement.

Flow

Well, with the low price that's quoted... Wenger hinted at a big signing for a low cost.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Flow said:
Well, with the low price that's quoted... Wenger hinted at a big signing for a low cost.

This isn't exactly a big signing at low cost though is it. It's a small signing at appropriate cost... unless yo're referring to his height.

Flow

DanDare said:
Flow said:

This isn't exactly a big signing at low cost though is it. It's a small signing at appropriate cost... unless yo're referring to his height.
Well, he meant big as quality in his opinion. (yeah, a very Wenger-esque saying :lol: )

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is a good article if you want to know more about Rabiot, and what people in the know say about him. I didnt realise he was at City as a 13 yr old but didnt get on with the language (probably Manc) so returned home :)

He played 34 games last season for PSG, so he is not a regular 19 yr old.

<a class="postlink" href="http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/08/06/scout-report-adrien-rabiot-psg-frances-young-midfielder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/08/06/ ... idfielder/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Mudi said:
Rex Banner said:

He is 19 so he doesn't need to register. But I do think that Chelsea does want him, loan him out and see if they can sell him with a profit. That's what they did with several youngsters.

All their youngsters except Courtois.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mudi said:
Rex Banner said:

Yes but for CL you can only have unregistered U21 players if they've been at the club for 3 years. Probably right about the loan scenario, would be depressing to see him running out with McEachran and Bertrand Traore at Vitesse. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom