• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wish Gary Jacob was reliable. I’ve wanted to sign him for the last three or four windows. No chance now, unfortunately.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He is ****.

Very poor positioning and decision making just like ramsey. Not an intelligent player.

Almost always in the wrong position and prefer to roam freely on the pitch, which Arteta will never allowed as his principle is about absolute discipline in positioning and movement.

He tries to do a bit of everything but not particularly good at anything.

Arteta would prefer more technical midfielders.

Last edited:

Stian

Wikipedia:

A tall, strong, classy, and elegant left-
footed midfielder, who combines good technique with impressive physical qualities, Rabiot was regarded as a promising player in his youth. He is known for being mobile, hard-working, quick in possession, and for his ability to make late attacking runs off the ball into the penalty box, courtesy of his intelligent movement; he is also a composed passer, who possesses good link-up play and dribbling skills in close spaces, which enables him to create chances for teammates. A modern, well-rounded, and versatile player, with good defensive skills, he is also known for being capable of playing in several different midfield positions, including in a creative holding role as a number 6 in front of the defence (which is not his favoured role, however), on the right flank, and even as an advanced midfield playmaker, although he usually plays as an offensive-minded central midfielder. Despite his talent and ability, however, he has come under criticism in the media over his behaviour off the pitch.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ramseys been struggling with injuries to no surprise.

Judasviking

Wikipedia:

A tall, strong, classy, and elegant left-
footed midfielder, who combines good technique with impressive physical qualities, Rabiot was regarded as a promising player in his youth. He is known for being mobile, hard-working, quick in possession, and for his ability to make late attacking runs off the ball into the penalty box, courtesy of his intelligent movement; he is also a composed passer, who possesses good link-up play and dribbling skills in close spaces, which enables him to create chances for teammates. A modern, well-rounded, and versatile player, with good defensive skills, he is also known for being capable of playing in several different midfield positions, including in a creative holding role as a number 6 in front of the defence (which is not his favoured role, however), on the right flank, and even as an advanced midfield playmaker, although he usually plays as an offensive-minded central midfielder. Despite his talent and ability, however, he has come under criticism in the media over his behaviour off the pitch.

Kinky.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mikel Arteta is keen to make Adrien Rabiot his first signing for Arsenal when the transfer window opens next week in a bid to strengthen his midfield.

Arsenal hope to persuade Juventus to let the France midfielder, 24, leave on loan as he has started only five of his nine league appearances since he moved to the Italian club on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer. Rabiot, who was at Manchester City as a youth and spent nine years at PSG, can play as a defensive midfielder as well as a playmaker.

Rabiot, who was wanted by Tottenham Hotspur last season, is not a prolific scorer with only 11 league goals in his final five seasons in Paris. Juventus claim that they want Rabiot to stay at the club and are more willing to offload Emre Can, the former Liverpool midfielder.

Arsenal’s interest in signing Rabiot appears independent of whether Granit Xhaka stays at the club for the rest of the season. Xhaka, 27, indicated that he wanted to leave after he fell out with Arsenal when he was stripped of the captaincy for mouthing an expletive in response to being booed by the home fans against Crystal Palace in October. He was left out of the squad for five games and linked with a return to Germany. However, he has since been reinstated to the starting line-up and his chances of retaining his place may have increased by the appointment of Arteta as head coach.

Arteta has said that there has been a thawing of the relationship between Xhaka and the Arsenal fans. He also revealed that he suggested Xhaka as a potential transfer target for Manchester City when he was appointed their assistant coach under Pep Guardiola after he retired from playing at Arsenal in the summer of 2016.

“He was one of the players on my list,” Arteta, 37, said. “This is how much I liked him. I was happy when Arsenal signed him because I thought he was going to be a terrific player. He has done some really good things and now he has got stuck in a very difficult situation that was growing and growing and growing and one day it exploded.

“But I have been amazed by how this relationship is starting to come back a little bit and I think the fans have been very, very positive about him, and him as well. Obviously it is difficult to change completely the scenario from where he was to a magnificent one. But I think we are moving in the right direction with him.” Xhaka recognises that he needs to playn regularly to retain his place in the Switzerland squad, which he captains, for Euro 2020. He joined Arsenal from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £35 million in 2016 and signed a contract last year until 2023, which is worth £100,000 a week.

Arteta confirmed he has spoken to Xhaka about his future. “I told him how much I like him, what I expect from him and how important he is for the team,” he said. “I am here to help him, I want him to feel that we are right behind him. Not just myself but the whole club. If we can get the fans on his side I think it will be helpful for the team, which is where it matters.”

Underhill

Is the idea regarding Rabiot loan that Juve wants to get rid of him? Or would we use him as a patch for this season only?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Is the idea regarding Rabiot loan that Juve wants to get rid of him? Or would we use him as a patch for this season only?
More so, I think that Rabiot has found it hard to get into the side and he has a fan in Arteta.

Latest posts

Top Bottom