• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Sannei

Yeah but why would he go to Chelsea to be loaned out to some club in a minor league? He's gone past that point in his career. It's why he wants to leave PSG as he needs a lot more playing time, ideally as a starter or close to it at a good enough club/league to progress even further. Playing at Vitesse is not even worth it for him and he might as well stay at PSG where he still played a good number of games.

Iceman10

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
Mudi said:
Rex Banner said:
Chelsea won't be able to buy him, they'd have to sell 2 players to accommodate him due to homegrown squad registration. I'd be more worried about Juve tbh, they could easily give him more playing time than us if Vidal or Pogba goes.

He is 19 so he doesn't need to register. But I do think that Chelsea does want him, loan him out and see if they can sell him with a profit. That's what they did with several youngsters.

Yes but for CL you can only have unregistered U21 players if they've been at the club for 3 years. Probably right about the loan scenario, would be depressing to see him running out with McEachran and Bertrand Traore at Vitesse. :(

Would he be OK being eligible for PL and domestic cups while not being registered for the CL? It would be a first for this club but that's still a fair proportion of matches he would be able to play in. Much better than joining Chelsea anyway. Next summer after the departure of some players he can be registered for the CL thereon.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah any unregistered U21 player is eligible to play in PL and Cup games as I believe there are different squad lists submitted. It would be pretty unprecedented if they actually did that.

Chelsea might be trying to move on Schurrle and van Ginkel apparently. Has van Ginkel even played for them? Club is a s**thouse of the highest order.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think it is more luck than design that they have stumbled on an M.O. to buy "wonderkids", farm them out, and then sell them for sizeable profits to help within the grander scheme of FFP. Around the end of Ancelotti's tenure they were seemingly in a crisis of ageing players with nothing much coming through and then Abramovich went on a spree of signing young attacking talent, esp. because free from Mourinho he is a fan of Arsenal's style of play. They've stumbled on this M.O. and we'll have to see if loads more "wonderkids" get fooled into joining them.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
So this is our guy then, a little underwhelming considering the names we've been linked with this summer .....

Floating

Established Member
He actually reminds me of a young Khedira, with a less robust frame and better long-range passing.

Iceman10

Established Member
Floating said:
He actually reminds me of a young Khedira, with a less robust frame and better long-range passing.

That would be an awkward comparison based on AW ruling out Khedira a few weeks back and saying we had enough CAM's and b2b's at the same time, which appeared to be implying Khedira was a b2b. We could do with more passing range from CM though. This feels like an opportunistic signing more than anything else and probably seen as not having much downside.

Most of the youtube compilations show more of distribution (generally short and mid range) and attacking moves as opposed to breaking opposition plays. Stats show high passing accuracy, plus decent numbers of interceptions and tackles, but there's not too much to go on. He would add numbers to CM options with Chambers, but Chambers clearly looks more of a natural for a CDM role. If anything Rabiot currently would be similar to Wilshere in many ways, more as a DLP, although of course he can be moulded.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would not be against this. Young player with a good level of experience who can have a year to slowly phase out Arteta and Flamini. Would get at least 15 league starts plus cups this season and possibly be starting 11 for the 2015/16 season to push for a Euro 2016 spot.

We need a more mobile option to Arteta and Rabiot provides it. Diab and Flamini become surplus to requirements and Wilshere becomes Ramseys back up hopefully.

blrgooner

Established Member
Apparently DiMarzio says that Arsenal have made a very good offer which should be accepted.
DOn`t really know what to make of this. I don`t mind him and Manolas signing(Based only on comments here), but I hope we make one more signing for the first team.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we are going with the kid it looks like Wenger is grooming a long term successor to Arteta. I suspect he'll get 25% of the games in Arteta's role this season 50-60% next season, then Arteta will retire (and hopefully become a coach here).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Rabiot makes a lot of sense to me. It looks like Manolas will be joining as CB so that indicates Chambers will get some games as DM. To have him and Rabiot coming through ready to take over from Arteta & Flamini is a good plan.

I'm now thinking, although I probably shouldnt, if we are spending what we got for Verm on Manolas & Rabiot, that does leave the possibility of Carvani, doesnt it? :)

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I read Rabiot can play CB and LB. Not sure if that's true as he looks very attack orientated. But if true Wenger will like that flexibility.

wishful_llama

tap-in said:
Rabiot makes a lot of sense to me. It looks like Manolas will be joining as CB so that indicates Chambers will get some games as DM. To have him and Rabiot coming through ready to take over from Arteta & Flamini is a good plan.

I'm now thinking, although I probably shouldnt, if we are spending what we got for Verm on Manolas & Rabiot, that does leave the possibility of Carvani, doesnt it? :)

Can't see Chambers in the DM role. When he plays this season it'll be at CB and RB.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
wishful_llama said:
tap-in said:

Can't see Chambers in the DM role. When he plays this season it'll be at CB and RB.

But if we bring Manolas in he will be 3rd CB, Bellerin looks likely to be 2nd RB, especially as he posted a pic of him with a squad No shirt. So do you think Chambers will be used as 4th CB only? I doubt it!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
More analysis of our potential target...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier-league/microscope-arsenal-target-rabiot,59977.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier- ... 59977.html</a>

Toast

Established Member
^ So he's not good enough for us based on the fact that when he played in a more defensive role (at the age of 17!) his passing stats dropped to 79.1 percent. Right....

redanddread

Toast said:
^ So he's not good enough for us based on the fact that when he played in a more defensive role (at the age of 17!) his passing stats dropped to 79.1 percent. Right....

apparently....

redanddread

Bigbludfire said:
Good signing for next year, means jack this year imo.

quite possibly but if he was getting 20+ games for a star studded PSG team then I'm sure he could play a reasonably significant role for us by the turn of the year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom