• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Burt Gold

Unless Arteta really wants him, signing Rabiot now would just show the whole world how incompetent our board is. If we knew we wanted him we should have promised him a starting berth last summer and better wages before he went to Juve.

All the same, as most have said, Rabiot is a level above everything we've got and should be very good at the 8 especially with Partey alongside.
I don't think this makes sense at all. If a player chooses another club over us it isn't the fault of the board. First one being he may not have loved Unai Emery

Like he'd ever choose us over Juve.
I still think we are pretty attractive even with the mediocrity we've had for some seasons now. Whether he would have chosen us or Juve is a moot point. Fact is we didn't try to go for him after we lost our own star CM for free! Getting him a year later for 30m+ is pretty stupid.

I don't think this makes sense at all. If a player chooses another club over us it isn't the fault of the board. First one being he may not have loved Unai Emery
Just how hard did we try to sign him? I don't recall trying really, really hard. I could be wrong cos I'm not as passionate about us like I was about 10 years ago.

Burt Gold

Just how hard did we try to sign him? I don't recall trying really, really hard. I could be wrong cos I'm not as passionate about us like I was about 10 years ago.
It's pretty hard to know exactly but there were solid rumours of our interest. But when you look at the club he chose you can hardly act like it was the boards fault that he chose a club that is probably top 5 in the world vs disfunctional Arsenal.

The good thing is Arteta has identified him as a player he wants and he is available so we will have a good shot at him and he is an immense talent whos off field issues may be somewhat overblown but regardless are worth the risk considering the midfield options we currently have.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...assers-revealed-and-De-Bruyne-isnt-among-them

This article looks at progressive passing among midfielders in European leagues. Basically Rabiot completes a lot of passes but not a lot of them are forwards. I mean yeah, he's a good player, tall and leggy, can cover ground and pass well, but don't we already have Guendouzi for that? I don't see what Rabiot does that Guendouzi couldn't do.

Burt Gold

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...assers-revealed-and-De-Bruyne-isnt-among-them

This article looks at progressive passing among midfielders in European leagues. Basically Rabiot completes a lot of passes but not a lot of them are forwards. I mean yeah, he's a good player, tall and leggy, can cover ground and pass well, but don't we already have Guendouzi for that? I don't see what Rabiot does that Guendouzi couldn't do.
Definitely interesting article. From the teams he's played in (especially PSG) possession was huge thing.

What I like about Rabiot over Guendouzi are:

- he is much more clever on the ball, if you pass it too him in a tight spot or with pressure he has great close control to create space
- he has great deal of power in his game
- he is a strong tackler

Guendouzi could well improve in these areas. I like him as a prospect but there is an element to him that I'm just not completely convinced he will progress.

I see Rabiot more of a Xhaka replacement anyway. I don't think Guendouzi has shown he's up to that just yet.

Guendouzi will not even become be half the player that Rabiot is. With that said I dont think we can affort more bum characters like Rabiot. Imagine having him and Laca twerking and hump each other in training videos. Yikes.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Burt Gold

6 caps for France. Didier Deschampe don’t want that diva energy.

Football isn’t just about talent. This guy seems to be lacking elsewhere. Nearly 26 and he’s done nothing in football, not had a top season or a few months where you say “wow he’s becoming a player”.
He just turned 25, he's was a mainstay in one of the best midfields in the world at PSG, on the periphery of the best National team in the world.

16/17 and 17/18 were very good yrs for him as he was developing. He was frozen out 18/19 at PSG because he was running his contract down and then he's gone to one of the best teams in the world in Juve and things haven't really worked out.

The track record and the eye test show him to be an exceptionally talented player who is still very young and potentially ready to blossom.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Balotelli-esque player.

He had high potential when he was younger and everyone was raving about how good he’ll turn out to be but his career has been pretty average thus far. It’s pretty pointless bringing in another sideways passer when we already have Xhaka in the team.

Xhaka and Rabiot as a midfield pairing would be such a disasterclass, there would be no killer pass forward and a lot of sideways passing.

Burt Gold

Balotelli-esque player.

He had high potential when he was younger and everyone was raving about how good he’ll turn out to be but his career has been pretty average thus far. It’s pretty pointless bringing in another sideways passer when we already have Xhaka in the team.

Xhaka and Rabiot as a midfield pairing would be such a disasterclass, there would be no killer pass forward and a lot of sideways passing.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Balotelli-esque player.

To be fair to Xhaka, passing the ball forwards into the final 3rd is something he does do very well. It's just everything else he struggles with.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to Xhaka, passing the ball forwards into the final 3rd is something he does do very well. It's just everything else he struggles with.

:lol:

Can Xhaka play that killer pass? He’ll rather go side to side than play the ball quickly and get Auba in.

Burt Gold

:lol:

Can Xhaka play that killer pass? He’ll rather go side to side than play the ball quickly and get Auba in.
It's not really his job to do this. I mean from time to time sure. His main job in possession is to move the ball. He does pass well. It's just he lacks awareness, timing and quickness. Which make him a player like Özil that needs to be hugely protected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom