• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Swallow

If you read my post carefully, you will see I did not allude to the cost of the player. I do not want him because he is not the type of player we need. We need a Defensive Midfielder to shield the back four, he is not that. We need finished product to improve the first eleven, he is work in progress. It may be ok to get him and mold him for the future but what we need right now is to improve on the first eleven. You may argue that he would improve the squad but the squad is best improved by trying to improve on the first eleven.

burnsjed

Established Member
Vieira & Petit were arguably our best two under Wenger, and they would both run up and down all day long.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Arsenal-approche-rabiot/468924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Arsen ... iot/468924</a>"

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 1m
Arsenal are eyeing move for #PSG's excellent 19-year-old midfielder Adrien Rabiot, says well informed @Nabil_djellit

Unhappy at peripheral role at #PSG this season, Rabiot is stalling on extension offer. Very gifted all-round midfielder, big future #AFC

France Football are pretty reliable in France. is Rabiot a defensive midfielder or central midfielder?

Rabiot have just 1 year left in his contract french journalists saying he is very good talented player and all round midfielder could he be our midfielder signing this summer instead of Lars Bender Martinez etc..?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Arsenal-approche-rabiot/468924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Arsenal are eyeing move for #PSG's excellent 19-year-old midfielder Adrien Rabiot, says well informed @Nabil_djellit

Unhappy at peripheral role at #PSG this season, Rabiot is stalling on extension offer. Very gifted all-round midfielder, big future #AFC

France Football are pretty reliable in France. is Rabiot a defensive midfielder or central midfielder?

Rabiot have just 1 year left in his contract french journalists saying he is very good talented player and all round midfielder could he be our midfielder signing this summer instead of Lars Bender Martinez etc..?

A very powerful 6'2 attacking B2B, looks very talented imo. If both were well disciplined he could work well with Ramsey I think. I don't see why we can't play 2 B2B players

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i can see why Rabiot want to leave i mean Cabaye Matuidi Thiago Motta and Verratti all ahead of him.

Floating

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Arsenal-approche-rabiot/468924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

I could definitely see Wenger signing Rabiot this summer, and having him take over for Arteta after he's out of contract next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Do we want to compete with the best or just get top four? From what I've seen of him in the toulon tournament he's no better than the young midfielders already at the club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kid is a talent but I'm not sure this is the wisest signing. He could play deep, I'm sure - but there really are better equipped players for the role currently, even players at his age.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would be very happy with this if we were going to spend the bulk of our budget on our attack. Rabiot is not a regular 19 yr old and would play next season if he joined us!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Do we want to compete with the best or just get top four? From what I've seen of him in the toulon tournament he's no better than the young midfielders already at the club.

Maybe one for future? he just have 1 year left in his contract and we can get him for cheap price he could turn a quality player in next 2-3 years.

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
Yeah, Man City, was there for only 6 month's before leaving gor PSG.

I believe you must play for 3 few years in the UK before the age of 18 to be considered home-grown, or something along those lines. 6 months at City won't cut it.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rabiot is definitely talented, but if we're seriously interested in signing him then we most likely aren't looking to make a major DM signing, and that would be pretty worrisome.

Maybe Wenger thinks a DM core of Arteta, Flamini, Diaby and Rabiot is good enough for next season. To me that raises far too many question marks.

I do like the player, but if we sign him it would be good to sign a more established DM too.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Floating said:
cannonade said:
Spend big on di Maria and Benzema (or Balotelli), spend the rest on Aurier, Vela and Rabiot.

I would be very happy with that.

After his performance in CL final and his season overall, I think Real Madrid would be stupid to let DiMaria go. He seems to have rediscovered his form under Ancellotti and leaving Real - the biggest club in the world would be a step down for him.

With hints that Podolski will stay as well as rumours about DeGriezmann, DiMaria transfer seems only a pipe dream.

Benzema and Giroud on same team sounds good, add Remy and we have the French national strikers all under Arsenal :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom