• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFCON 2022

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
E9BAWRTWEA0gRDg

E9BAX-cXMBEgabd

E9BAhxjWUAcnkr6

E9BAm_XWEAcbBOQ

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Auba vs Thomas :shivering:

Ideal draw that. Morocco have a really good team and so one of Auba or Thomas will be back in no time.

Egypt are probably going far though. Annoyingly we play Liverpool just outside of the Arab Cup and AFCON.

Also it’s unlikely but hopefully Algeria beat Côte d’Ivoire and one of Equatorial Guinea or Sierra Leone can pull off a shock but can’t see it.

Assuming full strength teams I’d say Morocco or Senegal should be early favourites.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ideal draw that. Morocco have a really good team and so one of Auba or Thomas will be back in no time.

Egypt are probably going far though. Annoyingly we play Liverpool just outside of the Arab Cup and AFCON.

Also it’s unlikely but hopefully Algeria beat Côte d’Ivoire and one of Equatorial Guinea or Sierra Leone can pull off a shock but can’t see it.

Assuming full strength teams I’d say Morocco or Senegal should be early favourites.
Agreed, should be a brilliant two months of football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is usually a fun tournament to watch, even if it is taking a lot of our players.

I was happy when Kolo finally won it, in like 2015 or so.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, should be a brilliant two months of football.

Think it’s going to be the best AFCON of my lifetime in terms of quality.

Considering how poor some of the Euros teams looked I think in the WC there could be some big shocks.

Also that Côte d’Ivoire team is good apart from the keeping situation.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Think it’s going to be the best AFCON of my lifetime in terms of quality.

Considering how poor some of the Euros teams looked I think in the WC there could be some big shocks.

Also that Côte d’Ivoire team is good apart from the keeping situation.

I would love a WC in East or West Africa. It would be one WC where I would defo want to be there live.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can Africa hold another WC? Is the infrastructure there? Easy or West Africa? North Africa etc.

South Africa at least were one of the biggest sporting nations in the world.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So if they’re called up on the 27th December as a worst case scenario then they’re definitely missing Wolves (H), City (H), the Caraboa semis, FA Cup third round and the NLD.

Gabon and Ghana play each other on the 18th January as their final group game. If one of those is eliminated then they’ll have four days to clear quarantine before Burnley on the 22nd.

There is the possibility that both them and Morocco could go through as a third place team and face likely either Senegal or Cameroon.

That last sixteen game at the latest would be 25th January while the quarters would be 30th January. There’s very little chance imo that Gabon or Ghana get further than that.

There’s an international break now scheduled for the weekend of the 29th January to clear the backlog of WC qualifiers so our next game potentially is a FA Cup 4th round tie on January 5th.

The next league game though is 8th Feb away at Wolves so if we want our players back for that along with quarantine arrangements ideally they get no further than the semi finals on the 2nd or 3rd.

If any player makes the final they’re missing the Wolves trip and potentially the Chelsea one on the 12th although they could also be missing Mendy and Ziyech.

Cameroon is currently not on the red list so due to the PL arrangement they should be able to test to release.

Also according to the Athletic a number of clubs are discussing with countries if they’ll allow players to join their teams on January 3rd. So what does this mean for our players?

There’s a potential last sixteen game between Egypt and Côte d’Ivoire which could see Elneny out as well on the 26th Jan and back for the FA Cup 4th Round. That would mean…

Auba, Elneny and Partey
Will definitely miss :
Caraboa Cup Semi Final legs 1 & 2 - 5th & 12th Jan
FA Cup 3rd Round - 8th Jan
Tottenham (A) - 15th Jan

50/50 miss:
Wolves (H) - 28th Dec
Man City (H) - 1st Jan
Burnley (H) - 22nd Jan

Very unlikely to miss:
FA Cup 4th Round - 5th February
Wolves (A) - 8th February
Chelsea (A) - 12th February

If I had to guess for Pepe I’d have him probably missing every game apart from maybe Chelsea away which he’d miss if they make the final. Also he’ll hopefully be available for Wolves (H) and Man City (H).

Sorry for going on but the only 💯 league game that Thomas, Elneny and Auba are missing is Tottenham away which isn’t ideal but Xhaka should be back by then and the window will have been open for two weeks.

Top Bottom