• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Afonso Alves

Denyson

Don't worry, this is one "unknown" player Arsenal won't buy. Afonso wouldn't be able to get a working permit since he's no way near the Brazilian national team. He's a skillfull player though, might be a good signing for a mid table team in one of the big leagues.

I can't see the bullshit story now, the page has been changed. But I think I know the background to it. About a week ago Malmö FF played Kalmar FF in the Swedish league. Scouts from some 7 or 8 European clubs (including Arsenal) were there, primarily to watch the promising Malmö striker Markus Rosenberg.

Malmö won by 1-0 after a nice goal from Afonso. Allegedly some of the present clubs took an interest in the Brazilian, who outshone Rosenberg in that game.

Weakerthan

Denyson said:
Don't worry, this is one "unknown" player Arsenal won't buy. Afonso wouldn't be able to get a working permit since he's no way near the Brazilian national team. He's a skillfull player though, might be a good signing for a mid table team in one of the big leagues.

I can't see the bullshit story now, the page has been changed. But I think I know the background to it. About a week ago Malmö FF played Kalmar FF in the Swedish league. Scouts from some 7 or 8 European clubs (including Arsenal) were there, primarily to watch the promising Malmö striker Markus Rosenberg.

Malmö won by 1-0 after a nice goal from Afonso. Allegedly some of the present clubs took an interest in the Brazilian, who outshone Rosenberg in that game.

Yeah, that's the game the video's about. Rosenborg boes have some decent chances, though.

mood

Rosenberg and Alves.. 2 excellent players in Malmo. Alves is a bit better though. I wouldn't mind having one of them.

I have some videos of them in my computer. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to upload though.

longrufus

Established Member
I think the press are simply speculating about who we are looking at. We have a scout at a Malmo game and the press looks at the team and guesses who we are looking at. Rosenberg and Alves are mentioned as they are doing well. My money is on Rosenberg, excellent talent and was the topgoalscorer and assister in the league last year with Halmstad (freddies old club).
The same thing has happened with Feyenoord, Tony adams watches a game and the press looks at the team to see who is playing well. At the minute it is Kalou and Kuyt (broke into national team recently). But we were also scouting a game a while back with the press saying we were looking at Kalou and Zuiverloon. Kalou is one of the best players in the dutch league and i hope we're looking at him. Maybe Castelen, another good prospect.

Top Bottom