• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

blaze_of_glory

Alexis out
Walcott out
Ox out
Coq out (as ever)
Giroud..?
Welbeck..?

Lots of outgoings in recent months, with some new faces arriving and possibly more soon. Alexis being the big piece changing of course. How will the team adapt and change its approach now? For the better, back to Wengerball? Discuss here.

Onroad

IM GONNA MISS THIS GUY!!!

giphy.gif

BBF

Started off well with some of the deadwood but now it's just downgrades.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i guess we'll have to go young and start rebuilding if we add Auba now then we started very well even if Auba or Mkhi are 29 years old but at least we replaced alexis very well and we'll have exciting frontline.

rony_henry

I wonder if we will ever sign Alexis or Özil types of players if we can’t even get into UCL. We are not Man U and we won’t pay huge transfer fees to get back on track. We must win Europa League or dark times are coming.

Steps

Let's keep doing the right things

Wenger out
Welbeck out
Elneny out
^^ Expectation

Reality:

Return to CL after next season (unlikely this year): Wenger extension
Fail to reinforce wings in summer: Welbz put on 150k for 3yr
Jack and Ramsey fall over simultaneously: New 2yr contract for the smiling Egyptian.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I wonder if we will ever sign Alexis or Özil types of players if we can’t even get into UCL. We are not Man U and we won’t pay huge transfer fees to get back on track. We must win Europa League or dark times are coming.
we are just signing Auba who is one of best strikers in europe! of course we can as long we have money we can get big players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Mkhi is a great signing, its only Alexis going in the other direction that has taken the gloss of it for some. If we add PEA this window then we've turned a summer nightmare into something much more manageable. If we get Özil signed soon and bring in some young talent like Pavon in the summer and a top CB & Keeper then we'll be able to compete far better next season.

Onwards & Upwards!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Adding Sven and the Spanish guy was the signs of us changing our approach Wenger is also very likely will leave this summer so we are maybe entering new era.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I feel quietly confident for the future in terms of transfers, there seems to be a plan in place. Apart from Özil, jack and rambo i dont care who leaves.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Özil/Jack needs to resign. We can't lose them on a free.
We need an excellent CB. Not a decent one, not a good one, we need the best available no matter the price.
Elneny needs to go.
Midfield needs to be strengthened. Xhaka and Elneny aren't fit for the Arsenal shirt.
A new goalkeeper, for the future. Bring him home.

Do all of that and we can probably secure top 4 or thereabouts, which **** it, would make even a cynic like me excited.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Mkhi is a great signing, its only Alexis going in the other direction that has taken the gloss of it for some. If we add PEA this window then we've turned a summer nightmare into something much more manageable. If we get Özil signed soon and bring in some young talent like Pavon in the summer and a top CB & Keeper then we'll be able to compete far better next season.

Onwards & Upwards!
Mkhi/PEA for Özil/Alexis is a slight downgrade, but would undoubtedly be an incredible outcome given that we were backed into a corner. Downside is of course that they are all about the same age — not totally sure how I feel about pressing onwards rather than going for a full-out ‘rebuild,’ but it’ll keep the side entertaining during Wenger’s dotage at least.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Mkhi/PEA for Özil/Alexis is a slight downgrade, but would undoubtedly be an incredible outcome given that we were backed into a corner. Downside is of course that they are all about the same age — not totally sure how I feel about pressing onwards rather than going for a full-out ‘rebuild,’ but it’ll keep the side entertaining during Wenger’s dotage at least.

Hopefully it will be Mkhi/PEA for Walcott/Alexis with Özil signing a new contract. Even if we do lose Özil, we've still prevented a nightmare summer by doing good work in Jan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are on a new journey for sure. I'd like to think the players we are bringing in are very smart additions alongside keeping Özil. We shouldn't be in this God forsaken position again because these three are now in the final contract years. So we shouldn't have to worry about them moving on because we will get their final and best years.

Other than that somewhat flimsy reassurance I'm very worried about what lays around the corner. We have never built from a position of strength. We need to tie down contracts for so many players whilst improving. Something we've never managed simultaneously whilst in the Emirates era.

Top Bottom