• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
HG, loves us, friends with people in the squad already

probably won't rock the boat to get more games
We need him to stay as far away from the Emirates as possible. Won't even allow it on FIFA.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It's selfish but I'd love to see him run out for us at the Emirates just one more time, maybe a testimonial would be better or something.

Also Xhaka and AMN as back ups are better than Coquelin and Elneny imo.

Yes that he should get

Lets have his and Pers at the same time this summer

Are there no criterias for who gets one? Just us that doesn't do them?
Edit: http://www.thearsenalhistory.com/?p=9491

Seems they are not elligble

Maybe the criterias should be lowered these days...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wenger throwing shade at Alexis.

So basically he is looking for employees who are not really that bothered about what they earn or maximising their earning potential

tumblr_m5mu7ltHzD1qfwvado2_250.gif

KROENKE SUCKS

I suspect we gave Alexis a very good deal once bonuses were factored in, but Alexis wanted it as guaranteed money so we were forced to sell him. There is no way Wenger makes these kind of comments unless he was personally disappointed by the behaviour of the player. Alexis was also probably sulking about in training and his form had clearly dipped until the transfer window opened...

Marmaduke

Says the man on £10m a year, or £190k a week.

Managers still get peanuts compared to players. Also if we were a "normal club" cycling through managers eery 2/3 years you have to factor in the compensations you burn through.

I don't think guys like Pep or Mou are low earners either.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

We should make it a policy to only sign players who agree that any subsequent new contracts are signed without reading them like Tony Adams in the old days.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Managers still get peanuts compared to players. Also if we were a "normal club" cycling through managers eery 2/3 years you have to factor in the compensations you burn through.

I don't think guys like Pep or Mou are low earners either.
Peanuts? Wenger earns significantly more than any of the players.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

I've been on here for years spouting about loyalty is an outdated concept and its just a job and people should be able to move where they want to maximise their earnings.

Alexis was just shown on Sky Sports news entering the Man U training ground for his first day and I just involuntarily shouted "c*nt" at the top of my voice at the TV screen. :lol: ....does that make me a hypocrite??

PS: They don't seem to be anywhere as interested in tracking the movements of Mkhitaryan this morning.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Still got some hangover with that game, they should have left our pitch with a 6-1 defeat or something like that, anyway we should move on from this players will always leave us.

Wish Alexis the best at United, we should have invested earlier in the squad and he would have stayed only have ourselves to blame.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

My blood is boiling.
Then why look at it then?:lol: I can think of better things to do then reading Jesse ****ing Lingard's twitter page. If you look hard enough, you'll always find something to make you angry, especially on twitter.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Then why look at it then?:lol: I can think of better things to do then reading Jesse ****ing Lingard's twitter page. If you look hard enough, you'll always find something to make you angry, especially on twitter.
Find a bridge. Jump.

KROENKE SUCKS

We should make it a policy to only sign players who agree that any subsequent new contracts are signed without reading them like Tony Adams in the old days.

Tony was going to join Utd before Dein convinced him that Fiszman was coming in and they were going to invest money into the squad and raise everyone's wages.

EDIT: Vieira, Pires, Henry all stayed because we were willing to pay them something close to what they could get at other bigger clubs once bonuses and such had been accounted for. In 2002 Vieira was the highest paid player in Europe. Still didnt stop Vieira from getting his head turned every summer. The difference is back then we would fight to keep them. Since Gazidis got involved we've just bent over passively selling Cesc, RvP, Nasri, Adebayor, Hleb. The list goes on and on. We just bend over and take it up the proverbial. You could argue that we got decent amounts for Nasri and Adebayor, but considering the suitors were City well we should have absolutely fleeced them. Look what they paid for a bunch off fullbacks last summer.

Hopefully the arrival of Mislintat/Sanllehi and our strong stance on Sanchez has changed things. Mkhi wanted to join us and it was his and Raiola's idea to add him to the Sanchez deal. We wanted to sell for cash and get Malcom not realising he was available.

EDIT: Klopp is so upset we got Mkhi he's been *****ing about it to the papers! Pep hates our guts for not giving him Sanchez. Across Europe clubs agents and players all know we aren't to be ****ed with anymore. It changes how players look at us and how viable we are as a destination. It will also make clubs think twice about coming after our stars in the future. At the very least they will know that they will have to pay. This is the aspect of football Gazidis never understood. The guy had no experience running a football club before coming over, he running the MLS in some capacity, also American sports are FAR less competitive seeing as how its a closed ecosystem with 30 teams in total. They don't even spend anything on youth development and such letting the players themselves and the colleges (who themselves profit off it) handle it.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

My blood is boiling.

Not only did this insufferable twit put two past us last month but now banters us into the stratosphere by mocking us re: Manchester United poaching Sanchez.

I've never thought much of him but now my indifference has given place to utter contempt for this little troll.

I would relish sinking them at their toilet in late April immensely.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom