• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not only did this insufferable twit put two past us last month but now banters us into the stratosphere by mocking us re: Manchester United poaching Sanchez.

I've never thought much of him but now my indifference has given place to utter contempt for this little troll.

I would relish sinking them at their toilet in late April immensely.
Yes...yes...embrace the anger, revel in it, breathe it, love it. Become it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Lingard is wearing a lot of money there. I see a rose gold day-date and two diamond encrusted love bracelets.

Would love to bump into him on a dark night.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I want Özil to stay but I want him to make the board/Wenger's lives hell.

I think they just might have finally realised the situation the club is in. They've seen past examples of what could happen if we spend a few years in the wilderness and maybe, just maybe they'll start making sh*t happen.

Özil needs to grab them by the balls and demand some real change, demand the club start showing ambition and surrounding him with some real quality. I don't think we'll be signing a WC player for the forseeable future, Özil has all the power right now.

Where to now!

After this window we need to absolutely revamp our midfield and defense and how we approach game.

We need another window like this for midfield, central defense and goalkeeper.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i was really worried about our summer until Özil announcement - without certainty over him, it would've put every other possible move in limbo..

at least now we can identify targets in advance and go about business, especially with most of the deadwood cleared.

also, another shock wouldn't surprise - like Mustafi wanting to leave last summer, he could be shifted. monreal might feel like retiring in spain, bellerin is never safe from DNA talk, and of course ramsey could feel either threatened by new additions or just time to move on.

even lacazette isn't safe, let's see how it pans out between him and auba.

as for GK, i'm almost certain ospina will put in a transfer request. Cech in fact could be the backup GK, his experience and consistency matches that role perfectly, if he's happy of course. at the very least, we need a super-talent there, one that we haven't had since Seaman.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
i was really worried about our summer until Özil announcement - without certainty over him, it would've put every other possible move in limbo..

at least now we can identify targets in advance and go about business, especially with most of the deadwood cleared.

also, another shock wouldn't surprise - like Mustafi wanting to leave last summer, he could be shifted. monreal might feel like retiring in spain, bellerin is never safe from DNA talk, and of course ramsey could feel either threatened by new additions or just time to move on.

even lacazette isn't safe, let's see how it pans out between him and auba.

as for GK, i'm almost certain ospina will put in a transfer request. Cech in fact could be the backup GK, his experience and consistency matches that role perfectly, if he's happy of course. at the very least, we need a super-talent there, one that we haven't had since Seaman.
How about Lacazette + cash for Griezemann?

Apologies for the bump, but found this interesting:

Opta confirming the running stats:

It is interesting because you could also make case for that in the end Alexis body just broke down given the amount he has played in last 4 years. I think in the end with us he was just physically and mentally exhausted. You might even still see it from him at United. There are some worries over him there.

Maybe it is true, what media says but it is also true that their story sell better.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

All that said, I think the rest of the team need a long hard look at themselves because pretty much all this season they have looked lazy and seriously below par. You need to be playing well before having a go at someone else and they didn't get any better when he left. This squad needs to man up and take responsibility.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Distance travelled is just one metric

How about nr of max runs?
Useful runs?
Runs with or without the ball?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The part of playing to the camera was kind of evident no? Ain't he still sort of doing it for United?

Anyways, in the Arsecast with Auclair, him and Arseblog made a point on how some of our other players also make runs that make them look like they're running when they were just hiding.

Sanchez' tantrums were getting old, but he still got us games.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom