• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Forwards & wide players often cover the least ground. Never watched Alexis thinking he was lazy & if anything dropped back too much.

Doubt its been a happy camp as we have dropped to a midtable team these last few years. Blaming Alexis more than any other player is crazy though. Could not give a **** if they like each other... Some of the best teams had huge splits. The main issue is bad football & lack of quality players.

FreakySami

Forwards & wide players often cover the least ground. Never watched Alexis thinking he was lazy & if anything dropped back too much.

Doubt its been a happy camp as we have dropped to a midtable team these last few years. Blaming Alexis more than any other player is crazy though. Could not give a **** if they like each other... Some of the best teams had huge splits. The main issue is bad football & lack of quality players.
Look through my posts, I explained the dip in form.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can't help comparing how miserable he looks now, compared with how relaxed Özil looks

chasing the money, even chasing the trophies, isn't the be all or end all for some players

Jae

I always thought he was world class but often drifted in and out of games before popping up with a moment of brilliance... unfortunately it appears those moments have now deserted him.

This is a new position for him to be in, he isn't the billy big bo11ocks of the team anymore, which to a certain extent allowed him to get away with murder and half arsed performances here. There is nobody to blame and nowhere to hide at United and he's playing terribly.

We'll see what kind of a player he is if he manages to turn it round.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I always thought he was world class but often drifted in and out of games before popping up with a moment of brilliance... unfortunately it appears those moments have now deserted him.

This is a new position for him to be in, he isn't the billy big bo11ocks of the team anymore, which to a certain extent allowed him to get away with murder and half arsed performances here. There is nobody to blame and nowhere to hide at United and he's playing terribly.

We'll see what kind of a player he is if he manages to turn it round.

Think he'll do well next season when Mourinho starts playing him as a second striker or something of the sort. He'll also have his first summer off since he joined Arsenal.

Not that I don't mind seeing him play badly now, long may it last.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Think he'll do well next season when Mourinho starts playing him as a second striker or something of the sort. He'll also have his first summer off since he joined Arsenal.

Not that I don't mind seeing him play badly now, long may it last.

He won't do well until Mourinho gets sacked, moving to Utd solely for the sake of $$$$$$ was a stupid move for him. Sanchez is absolutely not a counterattacking player and Utd will need to vastly change their tactics to get the best out of Sanchez. Something which will never happen.

Wryer

He relies alot on his physical explosiveness, and for that reason alone I think we are going to get more mileage from Micky than Alexis. He is also unlikely to progress by dropping deeper into the midfield.

Shame, he was really looking like one of the best. Remember the days people say he was the only one that will not look out of place in the Invincibles? He was quite stupendous in that 12 to 18 month stretch. Glad we had the best of him in his time in England. Still a good player, but don't think he has another level to go.

Jae

He won't do well until Mourinho gets sacked, moving to Utd solely for the sake of $$$$$$ was a stupid move for him. Sanchez is absolutely not a counterattacking player and Utd will need to vastly change their tactics to get the best out of Sanchez. Something which will never happen.

Definitely shot himself in the foot by going to United instead of City. Can't say I have any sympathy for him though. He'll probably have the game of his life against us next season's though:lol:

Newchange

Hes still a Worldclass talent. Yes he hasn't hit the ground running at United but we all know hes not one to hide and his hard work will pay off in time. The fact the players and some fans are using him as some sort of scapegoat for our poor form is laughable. He dug us out of so many holes and demanded more from our players when even the manager sat back holding his head on the touchline. With Alexis in our side no matter who we played I always felt we had a chance. Sadly I don't have that feeling anymore.

Top Bottom