• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Yep, it's more the fact they're ******. I respect Robbie's hustle that there is no doubt, he's built what should be a very decent channel making him some very good money.

What I can't stand is the people as you say that are on it. DT is an honest to God goon, type of guy who'd lick your arse when things are going well and ditch you the minute something better comes a long.

I never 'hated' AFTV until the video that went around after the Europa League final, can't believe not more gets said about it.

What video?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
there are fans like you who say the same about their own fanbase at practically every club, big and small, in the world

Sound familiar? A lot of United fans are embarrassed by Mark Goldbridge going viral for his meltdowns every time they lose. AFTV and TUS are both considered toxic because the clubs are struggling

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Is this true guys??? I’m all for boycotting it if so.. gonna beat up DT as well.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I understand that people dislike them but I don’t understand how chanting and arguing with them promotes positivity either? they have 1.1m subscribers, they aren’t going anywhere.
Just ignore them

Bloodbather

Established Member

In my view, AFTV simply reflects the fanbase - the good, the bad and the ugly. Bad management, bad results, players who look out of it - of course the fanbase is going to be mad, that's what fans do. What passionate fan doesn't get enraged when he sees such a state? If Arsenal were doing well, there would be no accusation of toxicity. The fans with high temperament, like DT and Troopz, would be on the other side of the spectrum, cheering on like mad men.

The only reason AFTV attracts negativity is because it appears that they are profiting off the team's bad performances. That's not by design, however, it's a consequence of the state of things at the club and the reaction of other teams' fanbases. It would be a problem if 1) They had a role in causing the problem 2) They were actively cheering against the problems being solved. Neither of those things are accurate, not for Robbie, and not for the more unsavory characters like DT and Troopz. It's ludicrous to think that AFTV is impactful enough to cause such problems, that's giving them far too much credit.

Vanpayslip

In my view, AFTV simply reflects the fanbase - the good, the bad and the ugly. Bad management, bad results, players who look out of it - of course the fanbase is going to be mad, that's what fans do. What passionate fan doesn't get enraged when he sees such a state? If Arsenal were doing well, there would be no accusation of toxicity. The fans with high temperament, like DT and Troopz, would be on the other side of the spectrum, cheering on like mad men.

The only reason AFTV attracts negativity is because it appears that they are profiting off the team's bad performances. That's not by design, however, it's a consequence of the state of things at the club and the reaction of other teams' fanbases. It would be a problem if 1) They had a role in causing the problem 2) They were actively cheering against the problems being solved. Neither of those things are accurate, not for Robbie, and not for the more unsavory characters like DT and Troopz. It's ludicrous to think that AFTV is impactful enough to cause such problems, that's giving them far too much credit.

Why are Arsenal fans so outraged then? Let’s look at facts in the post Wenger era:

- While the football was bad last season, Emery actually came very close to top 4. It was actually 2 bad results at home.
- The result in the EL final was bad but again Chelsea were the better team last year with Hazard. More importantly, the team by that point had been squeezed for all their limited talent through the season.

Yes, plenty of irritating moments last season but the team was already in disarray by the point Wenger left. The re-build was going to be step by step and the first stop was top 4 and that almost happened so I have to wonder why the huge outrage?

This season - very bad and Emery was sacked in Nov so hardly a life time of bad football. After that, Freddie a rookie with no full time dedicated team, managed to improve the team slightly in a few games. He was booed at the Emirates. This is an invincible, a legend, and an interim. He was booed.

Those are the facts. Things are bad right now but, and again I am repeating myself, where is this outrage coming from given that the facts are that we had a squad that needed an overhaul as well as fixing when Wenger left. A certain section of the support have now taken offence to anything and everything that is Arsenal.

In all honesty it is embarrassing. Every fan has a right to protest and speak their mind. But when the rhetoric from the fan base is becoming so far detached from reality as it has, then I see exactly why our supporters that travelled to Everton got fed and confronted one of the groups that are putting this stuff out there.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Why are Arsenal fans so outraged then? Let’s look at facts in the post Wenger era:

- While the football was bad last season, Emery actually came very close to top 4. It was actually 2 bad results at home.
- The result in the EL final was bad but again Chelsea were the better team last year with Hazard. More importantly, the team by that point had been squeezed for all their limited talent through the season.

Yes, plenty of irritating moments last season but the team was already in disarray by the point Wenger left. The re-build was going to be step by step and the first stop was top 4 and that almost happened so I have to wonder why the huge outrage?

This season - very bad and Emery was sacked in Nov so hardly a life time of bad football. After that, Freddie a rookie with no full time dedicated team, managed to improve the team slightly in a few games. He was booed at the Emirates. This is an invincible, a legend, and an interim. He was booed.

Those are the facts. Things are bad right now but, and again I am repeating myself, where is this outrage coming from given that the facts are that we had a squad that needed an overhaul as well as fixing when Wenger left. A certain section of the support have now taken offence to anything and everything that is Arsenal.

In all honesty it is embarrassing. Every fan has a right to protest and speak their mind. But when the rhetoric from the fan base is becoming so far detached from reality as it has, then I see exactly why our supporters that travelled to Everton got fed and confronted one of the groups that are putting this stuff out there.

The fact that you point to "almost making the Top 4" as a plus should give you the reason why. Arsenal lost its mojo a long time ago. It's years and years and years of bad management, starting from the owners. The fans have seen Arsenal in a much better place in the past, it is this backsliding of status and the lack of accountability that's so frustrating. With each passing year of no ambition, the tension builds up, and blows up in ways that may at times be unjustified. It's a chaotic atmosphere, everyone in and outside the club is well aware of it. The fans are always reactionary, let us remember "fan" is short for "fanatic". I don't condone overt fanaticism and bad temper and I don't think highly of people like DT and Troopz, but I'm not going to sit here and suggest that this isn't actually occuring in the fanbase overall and is something exclusive to AFTV. Worse things about the team have been said here, and even worse things about the team are said on Twitter, outside Emirates, and at the comfort of our homes. The fan reaction is merely a consequence, a consequence that will go away much more quickly than it has developed in a turn of fortunes.

Tsl

You got all the same on here and worse, but we're better than them? We definitely dont bully players, do we? You think what we do is more acceptable because nobody can see or hear us? And you're calling them hypocrites for having an opinion? Those intimidators are entitled to their opinions too, but getting up in peoples faces is just wrong no matter what the cause is. AFTV don't get up in peoples faces to make their point, as far as I know.

Any wonder people hate these guys?
This is what I mean. It’s really hypocritical to take a stance against bullying, when you at same time chose to upload these kind of videos on your channel with hundred of thousand of subscribers. That’s straight up bullying as well.

say yes

forum master baiter

AFTV isn't reflective of the fanbase. It only interviews matchgoing fans, the vast majority of whom have no interest waiting around after a game so that they can be interviewed on camera for a youtube channel.

It's an attractive prospect to a certain type of fan / personality, but I think it's a big mistake to think it's representative of the entire fanbase, as the events at Goodison showed.

Bloodbather

Established Member

AFTV isn't reflective of the fanbase. It only interviews matchgoing fans, the vast majority of whom have no interest waiting around after a game so that they can be interviewed on camera for a youtube channel.

It's an attractive prospect to a certain type of fan / personality, but I think it's a big mistake to think it's representative of the entire fanbase, as the events at Goodison showed.

I think it's far too optimistic to think that the fanbase doesn't have a high representation of silent people who'd display a great level of discontent and outrage if put in front of a camera and given a microphone.

There are also levels to fandom. Some simply cheer for Arsenal and move on, some are hooligan level fanatics and there's everything else in between. It's difficult to get a sample that covers the entire ground regardless.

Vanpayslip

The fact that you point to "almost making the Top 4" as a plus should give you the reason why. Arsenal lost its mojo a long time ago. It's years and years and years of bad management, starting from the owners. The fans have seen Arsenal in a much better place in the past, it is this backsliding of status and the lack of accountability that's so frustrating. With each passing year of no ambition, the tension builds up, and blows up in ways that may at times be unjustified. It's a chaotic atmosphere, everyone in and outside the club is well aware of it. The fans are always reactionary, let us remember "fan" is short for "fanatic". I don't condone overt fanaticism and bad temper and I don't think highly of people like DT and Troopz, but I'm not going to sit here and suggest that this isn't actually occuring in the fanbase overall and is something exclusive to AFTV. Worse things about the team have been said here, and even worse things about the team are said on Twitter, outside Emirates, and at the comfort of our homes. The fan reaction is merely a consequence, a consequence that will go away much more quickly than it has developed in a turn of fortunes.

No, re-read my post. I didn’t not mention making top 4 as an achievement. I clearly stated that under the rebuild required that top 4 was the best we could hope for.

If you believe otherwise then basically the logical conclusion to that is that Arsenal could have over turned City if Liverpool in the space of one season of Emery. That is just nonsense.

What happened before Wenger left is now history. The rebuild job began after that. That is the actual reality.

Your post is a good example of the nonsense being spouted about. A lot of us don’t care about an immediate return to who we used to be at Wenger’s prime. Why? Because we live in the real world and realise that change is going to take time.

A lot of fans have become bored of the type of rhetoric fans like you throne about. That was exactly what outside Goodison was about yesterday.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Not having the racist stuff tbh. If DT and Troopz weren’t allowed to get away with half the stuff that Robbie let’s them then this problem wouldn’t happen. Simple really.
Yeah the racism claim from Robbie is f*cking pathetic and embarrassing.

Top Bottom