• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Glasgow Rangers fan here - so take my tuppence worth whichever which way you want (as I'm sure you will) - don't necessarily support you but I learned about the Rangers and Arsenal connection quite early on when I 1st became fascinated with football and my clubs history, as a result I've always had a wee passing interest in your fortunes...

I can see why AFTV gets on the tits of a lot of Arsenal fans... I'd be mortified if our fans were immediately interviewed in a boozer after a poor result - but I do hear it and have been responsible for it at times... the raw emotion of it perhaps should stay off social media but I do like AFTV from an outside perspective because it does showcase the immediate reactions of real supporters either hurting or jubilant at the result they've just witnessed.

I've read the thread (specifically the past few pages) with interest and see it seems to be a couple of their regulars (DT and Troops) getting it tight but really I find they are probably conveying the thoughts that some or sometimes a majority of fans would do so either through the game or immediately after, it's something I can personally relate to and it's good to hear that fans of another club from a different country do so that's why I continue to view it and find it interesting. Know the platform gets a lot of stick from certain fans of being a utensil for rival fans to have a laugh at you after a defeat - you think they wouldn't be doing it anyway? & there are some guys (Turk is it?) who are more insightful, diplomatic and more knowledgeable about the game (there are a few others too but names escape me)

Would your club be better off without fans questioning the people running your club? We (The Rangers support) done that with a previous owner and it led to us staring into the abyss and a lost decade where our fiercest rivals coasted to trophy after trophy and title after title. The owners and board should always always be questioned and held accountable.

Does it spread negativity? Perhaps, but things will never improve unless you highlight it, no point painting a jobby and calling it a Picasso - Ignorance isn't always bliss

Just my insight on this anyway ladies and gents.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

What is happening...

Supporting Arsenal is weird these days :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Glasgow Rangers fan here - so take my tuppence worth whichever which way you want (as I'm sure you will) - don't necessarily support you but I learned about the Rangers and Arsenal connection quite early on when I 1st became fascinated with football and my clubs history, as a result I've always had a wee passing interest in your fortunes...

I can see why AFTV gets on the tits of a lot of Arsenal fans... I'd be mortified if our fans were immediately interviewed in a boozer after a poor result - but I do hear it and have been responsible for it at times... the raw emotion of it perhaps should stay off social media but I do like AFTV from an outside perspective because it does showcase the immediate reactions of real supporters either hurting or jubilant at the result they've just witnessed.

I've read the thread (specifically the past few pages) with interest and see it seems to be a couple of their regulars (DT and Troops) getting it tight but really I find they are probably conveying the thoughts that some or sometimes a majority of fans would do so either through the game or immediately after, it's something I can personally relate to and it's good to hear that fans of another club from a different country do so that's why I continue to view it and find it interesting. Know the platform gets a lot of stick from certain fans of being a utensil for rival fans to have a laugh at you after a defeat - you think they wouldn't be doing it anyway? & there are some guys (Turk is it?) who are more insightful, diplomatic and more knowledgeable about the game (there are a few others too but names escape me)

Would your club be better off without fans questioning the people running your club? We (The Rangers support) done that with a previous owner and it led to us staring into the abyss and a lost decade where our fiercest rivals coasted to trophy after trophy and title after title. The owners and board should always always be questioned and held accountable.

Does it spread negativity? Perhaps, but things will never improve unless you highlight it, no point painting a jobby and calling it a Picasso - Ignorance isn't always bliss

Just my insight on this anyway ladies and gents.
They want it every way they can mate. They want to be able to say worse stuff than the evil DT and Troopz and somehow remain classier. They want them to crank the heat up on underperforming clueless managers to speed up sackings when it suits them. They want to be able to point the finger at the same lot and make absurd claims that the youtube channel affects the performance of the team and is partly to blame for our woes.

You know when some people are angry about something, other stuff becomes amplified and more scrutinised? It's nothing more. Wasn't seeing this level of hate when we were getting top 4 or winning FA Cups. Pure coincidence, of course...

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I think robbie has done well, he has made some good money. I am not surprised the route it has taken. What i am surprised about is that the amount of views and media coverage we havent seen a bigger player nationally go out and do the same at every club. I would pay to watch millwall fan tv

They tried it at Sp**s but the fans weren't having it and kept running them out of there. Other supporters know it makes the club look full of mongs.

This clownshow has somehow become the face of the arsenal fanbase and they really do think they are the authority when it comes to supporting arsenal.
I'm from Highbury and it makes me cringe.

Us here just have anonymous banter anongst ourselves here, comparing this forum to AFTV is such a false equivalence.

They've now made a name for themselves by being hyper critical and vocal with their opinions, they should know that's a 2 way street.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Us here just have anonymous banter anongst ourselves here, comparing this forum to AFTV is such a false equivalence.

Is it?

I mean this is the largest arsenal forum on the internet. There's tons of lurkers. Not to mention reddit/gunners. A lot of these people then attack players personally on social media EXACTLY BECAUSE their anonymous.

As an example, the people attacking Xhaka's wife or wishing death on his infant son, weren't AFTV types or people that put their real name forward. All of em' were anonymous accounts. Xhaka broke because of them.

Saying worse staff here, or on reddit, or on social media has an effect as well. When you say AFTV should take responsibility, well what's the difference here. Hiding behind anonymity? Oh that makes it sooooo much better.

I'm not saying AFTV is a good thing, just get of that *holier than thou* train.

Most on here get angry for rest of the day, even longer, when we draw or lose.

Think there is video/soundclip of these clowns getting excited of making more money when we lose.

There is difference for sure.

They want it every way they can mate. They want to be able to say worse stuff than the evil DT and Troopz and somehow remain classier. They want them to crank the heat up on underperforming clueless managers to speed up sackings when it suits them. They want to be able to point the finger at the same lot and make absurd claims that the youtube channel affects the performance of the team and is partly to blame for our woes.

You know when some people are angry about something, other stuff becomes amplified and more scrutinised? It's nothing more. Wasn't seeing this level of hate when we were getting top 4 or winning FA Cups. Pure coincidence, of course...
Sounds pretty reasonable to me that, "play the man and not the ball" scenario. Any Arsenal fan really needs to ask themselves if AFTV didn't exist then would Arsenal be in a better off position than thy are in currently both on field and off field? If they believe 'yes' is the answer then I can only ask how saying the square root of **** all will make the board / owners sweat it a bit and try change the fortunes of the club?

Most on here get angry for rest of the day, even longer, when we draw or lose.

Think there is video/soundclip of these clowns getting excited of making more money when we lose.

There is difference for sure.
If they are manufacturing grief and frustration for hits on the internet and making their wallets a little heavier then they are the greatest actors to hit our screens since Tom Watt - who played George 'lofty' Holloway on Eastenders. I don't buy for a 2nd they aren't sincere.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not gonna lie, you give me what Robbie has earned from AFTV and I'll let multiple ****** spew rubbish about players and the club..

I think people really need to take into consideration the power of money, his net worth is apparently $1.5mil, I have no idea what he makes off views but if its say 10k just to upload a video of DT abusing Wenger then sorry, I'm ****in' uploading it.

I imagine when Robbie started the channel he had good intentions, wanted full fan content and to give the voice to every fan willing BUT then the money started rolling in for a weekly video of DT & Troopz, he probably knows they are ****s but money talks louder, seriously.. just too upload a video or two?

I think its very easy to sit here and bash him but if you were in his position would you tell DT & Troopz to stop what they are saying or even not interview them when their interviews are what allows you to fly all over the world watching the club & too quit your day job etc..?

I highly doubt Robbie even thought AFTV would become this big and afford him a new lifestyle.

Not gonna lie, you give me what Robbie has earned from AFTV and I'll let multiple ****** spew rubbish about players and the club..

I think people really need to take into consideration the power of money, his net worth is apparently $1.5mil, I have no idea what he makes off views but if its say 10k just to upload a video of DT abusing Wenger then sorry, I'm ****in' uploading it.

I imagine when Robbie started the channel he had good intentions, wanted full fan content and to give the voice to every fan willing BUT then the money started rolling in for a weekly video of DT & Troopz, he probably knows they are ****s but money talks louder, seriously.. just too upload a video or two?

I think its very easy to sit here and bash him but if you were in his position would you tell DT & Troopz to stop what they are saying or even not interview them when their interviews are what allows you to fly all over the world watching the club & too quit your day job etc..?
Don't get why Robbie's net worth is of any importance tbh... It's the Internet and people are free to post whatever they want within the laws of the land - people are equally free to ignore and skip the content if they don't like it. DT and Troops seem to be the biggest bone of contention but can you seriously and honestly say their views and frustrations aren't shared by fellow fans of yours?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Saw a graphic going around a few days ago that showed AFTV makes £300k a month. Robbie's a genius tbh.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Don't get why Robbie's net worth is of any importance tbh... It's the Internet and people are free to post whatever they want within the laws of the land - people are equally free to ignore and skip the content if they don't like it. DT and Troops seem to be the biggest bone of contention but can you seriously and honestly say their views and frustrations aren't shared by fellow fans of yours?

His net worth is important as he makes a lot through AFTV, @American_Gooner just posted they reportedly make 300k month, people are giving him a hard time because he gave a voice to abuse ie DT & Troopz, I'm just saying 300k a month and I'd continue to upload the same videos he has and sleep well at night.

All I'm saying is AFTV and Robbie make a lot, if you can honestly sit there and say you wouldnt do what he does for the money then go ahead and criticise, I just wonder how many would change anything in his position.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Is it?

I mean this is the largest arsenal forum on the internet. There's tons of lurkers. Not to mention reddit/gunners. A lot of these people then attack players personally on social media EXACTLY BECAUSE their anonymous.

As an example, the people attacking Xhaka's wife or wishing death on his infant son, weren't AFTV types or people that put their real name forward. All of em' were anonymous accounts. Xhaka broke because of them.

Saying worse staff here, or on reddit, or on social media has an effect as well. When you say AFTV should take responsibility, well what's the difference here. Hiding behind anonymity? Oh that makes it sooooo much better.

I'm not saying AFTV is a good thing, just get of that *holier than thou* train.

we aren't trying to be the face of the arsenal fanbase and making thousands of pounds off of it. I guarantee you hardly any football fan knows of this forum. Arsenal fan tv is known globally ad the fave of our fanbase who knowingly upload videos making us look like mongs for profit.

I'm not saying it's moral or immoral or any of the sort. But I'd be happy if they got shut down. Other clubs don't have the same thing for a reason but they all have internet forums.

I looked at the channel today and now he's made a video saying we need to get the people who were vocally against him put of Arsenal. If that's not being hypocritical then I don't know what is.

His net worth is important as he makes a lot through AFTV, @American_Gooner just posted they reportedly make 300k month, people are giving him a hard time because he gave a voice to abuse ie DT & Troopz, I'm just saying 300k a month and I'd continue to upload the same videos he has and sleep well at night.

All I'm saying is AFTV and Robbie make a lot, if you can honestly sit there and say you wouldnt do what he does for the money then go ahead and criticise, I just wonder how many would change anything in his position.
So? You could tell me he makes £1m daily on it and it changes nothing! He presents and interviews a channel that gives fans an opinion, that's it! I can tell you I wish I had something like AFTV pointing out my clubs flaws when we were hurtling towards administration and ultimately liquidation. We had the Rangers Supporters Trust (an organisation questioning the running of the club - it was all very professional but didn't have anywhere near the impact AFTV does) it led to nobody listening to them except from a few thousand folk online who stepped back and thought 'wait a minute, they are onto something here' ...

You can dislike the content on AFTV because people laugh at it but why would you hear the laughter of enemies over genuine concerns of fellow fans?

we aren't trying to be the face of the arsenal fanbase and making thousands of pounds off of it. I guarantee you hardly any football fan knows of this forum. Arsenal fan tv is known globally ad the fave of our fanbase who knowingly upload videos making us look like mongs for profit.

I'm not saying it's moral or immoral or any of the sort. But I'd be happy if they got shut down. Other clubs don't have the same thing for a reason but they all have internet forums.

I looked at the channel today and now he's made a video saying we need to get the people who were vocally against him put of Arsenal. If that's not being hypocritical then I don't know what is.
I knew of AFTV about five years back, so yeah I heard of them long before I came on here, that's mainly because twitter has seen a decline in forum use.

I don't get why members of a forum (who supposedly documented and shared a lot of frustrations they aired on the channel) are up in arms that another platform share their frustrations etc ...

Let me ask you, is AFTV detrimental to Arsenal FC - if you answer yes then explain why because I'm genuinely bemused how it is.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Let's say he is earning that... so what? He saw a gap in a market and decided to provide a service. Good on him in my opinion.
So? You could tell me he makes £1m daily on it and it changes nothing! He presents and interviews a channel that gives fans an opinion, that's it! I can tell you I wish I had something like AFTV pointing out my clubs flaws when we were hurtling towards administration and ultimately liquidation. We had the Rangers Supporters Trust (an organisation questioning the running of the club - it was all very professional but didn't have anywhere near the impact AFTV does) it led to nobody listening to them except from a few thousand folk online who stepped back and thought 'wait a minute, they are onto something here' ...

You can dislike the content on AFTV because people laugh at it but why would you hear the laughter of enemies over genuine concerns of fellow fans?

Do you even read what people write or just go off on your own tangents?

Top Bottom