• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
All the issues surrounding Arsenal are worsened by catchphrase tv as they sensationalise every issue that ever happens.
It makes Arsenal and its fans look like fools and adds to the toxic environment which festered for far too long.

yeah, none of this bares any relation to the reality though. It's like reading something explaining how unicorns are conceived. Meaningless platitudes, topped off with the classic 'it makes Arsenal fans look like fools' even though I bet there isn't one Arsenal fan on here that would admit to being made to actually feel like a fool by AFTV! Imagine if that were true... God help people who this actually affects :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

AFTV are supposed to be a fan channel. Yet they have the same regulars every week. I like Robbie tbh and I respect his hustle, however, for a host his vocabulary is mediocre.
They are a self-proclaimed 'fan channel'. How else would you expect them to describe it? They are Arsenal fans interviewing Arsenal fans. The same way all the other fan TV channels do. No, Robbie hasn't got an English degree either, but does he need one?

Plutarch

I've watched other fan TV channels - Man United and Liverpool. I liked them a lot better than Arsenal fan TV. The other channels didn't seem to be full of crazy people.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Firstly, yes, half the pundits on BBC and Sky are crap. But they’re paid to do punditry. Let me repeat, paid to do punditry.

AFTV are supposed to be a fan channel. Yet they have the same regulars every week. I like Robbie tbh and I respect his hustle, however, for a host his vocabulary is mediocre.

Unnecessary dig really as I'm not sure how an extensive vocabulary would improve the effectiveness of his product?

With regard to 'supposed to be' a fan channel let's suggest that amongst the regulars he interviews/questions 10 non-regulars per game (I could be well of here). There are 70 games per year, that's 700 Arsenal fans who have been given a voice. A voice that will be broadcast by many due to the popularity of the likes of DT and Troopz.

Horses for courses as I think Robbie is a brilliant host. He's passionate, knowledgeable (about Arsenal) and poses interesting questions. Much prefer him to dead pan, straight-laced hosts like Adrian Chiles and Gary Linekar.

The traditional media outlets have regular pundits because they need a format and need a regular opinion. As crap as Michael Owen is, not many are qualified to speak about how a striker will feel in pressurised situations like he can. For a tactical analysis, Neville does a great job. Some viewers like the straight to the point views of a Souness or Keane. AFTV seems similar it does a job a representing a wide range of Arsenal fan: Old, young, multi-racial, well-spoken, street smart, long time gooners, tourists. Nobody is forced to watch it.

I wonder what their numbers were like after the United win?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
**** yeah it bothers me. I’ve supported this club my entire life, watch them whenever I can, written about them, made journeys to see them, paid for merch- all of that. I’ll be damned if I get put in the same category as “Troopz” or “DT”. It sickens me that they’ve been on Sky Sports are a representative for us. They’re the most popular Arsenal fans so unfortunately a lot of us are tarred with the same brush. **** yes it bothers me.
So you're going about your life caring about what people who you'll never meet in your life--people who actually don't even exist, which is weirder-- think of you? In short, I don't believe you genuinely care about that. I think you and others merely think it sounds like a good argument against AFTV. In reality, though, it's beyond absurd.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They are a self-proclaimed 'fan channel'. How else would you expect them to describe it? They are Arsenal fans interviewing Arsenal fans. The same way all the other fan TV channels do. No, Robbie hasn't got an English degree either, but does he need one?

Jesus Christ you keep missing the point. Yes, bro, they should describe themselves as a fan channel. But they operate much in the way the media outlets they so badly detest do. It’s the hypocrisy that winds me up.

Listen to Robbie’s sit down with Simon Jordan when you get a chance. Simon echos a lot of what I feel. I have to respect Robbie’s hustle- he saw an opportunity and seized it fully. But his come up wasn’t through hard work and sacrifice, his come up was from a few videos of nut jobs that went viral.

Yeah the jab at his vocabulary was a bit scummy on my part but ****ing hell, the man can’t even pronounce “this” and he’s richer than me. Let me be bitter :lol:.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
So you're going about your life caring about what people who you'll never meet in your life--people who actually don't even exist, which is weirder-- think of you? In short, I don't believe you genuinely care about that. I think you and others merely think it sounds like a good argument against AFTV. In reality, though, it's beyond absurd.

No! Not people I’ve never met.. do you not have any WhatsApp group chats? ****ing hell- 70% of discussions between me and my friends is football. AFTV is used as ammunition against me and it annoys the **** out of me. You get people saying “your own fans are saying it!” Like it makes **** any more true.

Like it or not, AFTV has soured our reputation as Arsenal fans. Might not bother you but it bothers me, and judging by the actions of those at Everton away, I’m not the only one.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Unnecessary dig really as I'm not sure how an extensive vocabulary would improve the effectiveness of his product?

With regard to 'supposed to be' a fan channel let's suggest that amongst the regulars he interviews/questions 10 non-regulars per game (I could be well of here). There are 70 games per year, that's 700 Arsenal fans who have been given a voice. A voice that will be broadcast by many due to the popularity of the likes of DT and Troopz.

Horses for courses as I think Robbie is a brilliant host. He's passionate, knowledgeable (about Arsenal) and poses interesting questions. Much prefer him to dead pan, straight-laced hosts like Adrian Chiles and Gary Linekar.

The traditional media outlets have regular pundits because they need a format and need a regular opinion. As crap as Michael Owen is, not many are qualified to speak about how a striker will feel in pressurised situations like he can. For a tactical analysis, Neville does a great job. Some viewers like the straight to the point views of a Souness or Keane. AFTV seems similar it does a job a representing a wide range of Arsenal fan: Old, young, multi-racial, well-spoken, street smart, long time gooners, tourists. Nobody is forced to watch it.

I wonder what their numbers were like after the United win?

AFTV does a terrible job representing fans. Look at the main people who get to he views? Claude and Ty, a miserable, borderline suicidal man who screams ITS TIME TO GOOO! And an absolute nut job who calls Arsenal players by their first names habitually as if he knows them personally.

Troopz... I used to like him till his new found fame got to his head. The guys on FIFA man, realistically I should be happy for him but I can’t because of the **** he’s had about Wenger.

DT, Jesus, I could be here all night. The list goes on.

I liked AFTV when it first came around. Capturing the mood of fans after a game is an interesting concept. But it quickly became about the channel being a brand. The regulars were looked at as celebrities. It became sickening for me to watch.

AFTV vids find their way onto my timeline all the time- it’s so cringey. I don’t go out my way to watch those guys. More power to you if you like it. There’s plenty of content for you to sink your teeth into.

roz

Fake News Merchant
yeah, none of this bares any relation to the reality though. It's like reading something explaining how unicorns are conceived. Meaningless platitudes, topped off with the classic 'it makes Arsenal fans look like fools' even though I bet there isn't one Arsenal fan on here that would admit to being made to actually feel like a fool by AFTV! Imagine if that were true... God help people who this actually affects :lol:
Could you be any more condescending?
I think lots of Arsenal fans are embarrassed by it. Sorry you don’t agree pal

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Jesus Christ you keep missing the point. Yes, bro, they should describe themselves as a fan channel. But they operate much in the way the media outlets they so badly detest do. It’s the hypocrisy that winds me up.

Listen to Robbie’s sit down with Simon Jordan when you get a chance. Simon echos a lot of what I feel. I have to respect Robbie’s hustle- he saw an opportunity and seized it fully. But his come up wasn’t through hard work and sacrifice, his come up was from a few videos of nut jobs that went viral.

Yeah the jab at his vocabulary was a bit scummy on my part but ****ing hell, the man can’t even pronounce “this” and he’s richer than me. Let me be bitter :lol:.
Im not aware of who they detest or their moral standing. This is going needlessly deep! Bottom line is the channel affects nothing over the white line of the pitch, and the fans in the stadium don't let the opinions of a few nutjob fans affect their opinions or ruin their experience. That's all that's important and that's all that matters.

I just wish more people would slip up and get off their chest what really bothers them, like you did. If more were honest like you, I reckon Robbies lack of an English diploma would be high up on the list of why they have an irrational hatred for the channel they don't watch, among other unsavory things ;)

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Could you be any more condescending?
I think lots of Arsenal fans are embarrassed by it. Sorry you don’t agree pal
It's not condescending at all lad. That certainly wasn't my intentions. I mean, on a 1-10 scale of embarrassment, with pooing your pants on a tube carriage that's stuck in a tunnel being 10, exactly how embarrassing is it, considering you don't even see these mythical people?

truth_hurts

AFTV does a terrible job representing fans. Look at the main people who get to he views? Claude and Ty, a miserable, borderline suicidal man who screams ITS TIME TO GOOO! And an absolute nut job who calls Arsenal players by their first names habitually as if he knows them personally.

Troopz... I used to like him till his new found fame got to his head. The guys on FIFA man, realistically I should be happy for him but I can’t because of the **** he’s had about Wenger.

DT, Jesus, I could be here all night. The list goes on.

I liked AFTV when it first came around. Capturing the mood of fans after a game is an interesting concept. But it quickly became about the channel being a brand. The regulars were looked at as celebrities. It became sickening for me to watch.

AFTV vids find their way onto my timeline all the time- it’s so cringey. I don’t go out my way to watch those guys. More power to you if you like it. There’s plenty of content for you to sink your teeth into.

There is balance. Graham is brilliant with his tactical analysis and I will check his content if on - he doesn't have a show per say though. Moh is very measured. Lee Judges went viral after a rant, but he seems like a true fan. Turkish is miserable but again very measured. Kevin Campbell has a show and is an ex player. There's a guy called Curtis on there as well, ex-pro, from Nottingham who has a show now as well- I haven't tuned in yet, but will because Curtis is a football man. They have a broad range of Arsenal fan.

You're acting as if everybody on AFTV is a p**sed up lunatic. They have a broad range. I tend not to watch the post match interviews as we usually play on a Sunday, I've got books to mark and lessons to plan. 1 hour of fans analysing a game that I've watched isn't efficient use of time. All the best to Robbie and the channel though.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
There is balance. Graham is brilliant with his tactical analysis and I will check his content if on - he doesn't have a show per say though. Moh is very measured. Lee Judges went viral after a rant, but he seems like a true fan. Turkish is miserable but again very measured. Kevin Campbell has a show and is an ex player. There's a guy called Curtis on there as well, ex-pro, from Nottingham who has a show now as well- I haven't tuned in yet, but will because Curtis is a football man. They have a broad range of Arsenal fan.

You're acting as if everybody on AFTV is a p**sed up lunatic. They have a broad range. I tend not to watch the post match interviews as we usually play on a Sunday, I've got books to mark and lessons to plan. 1 hour of fans analysing a game that I've watched isn't efficient use of time. All the best to Robbie and the channel though.

For a teacher, who’s so busy you sure know your AFTV :lol:.

The most popular fans are lunatics. Evidenced by the fact I’ve not heard of half the people you named. Kevin Campbell has a show on AFTV? **** me how the mighty hath fallen, he must be bored. Although let’s have it right, he’s hardly a legend like a Wrighty or a Romford Pele is he.

What’s that you mentioned? A tactical analysis show? :lol:. Please provide a link- I wanna see this tactical analysis.

truth_hurts

For a teacher, who’s so busy you sure know your AFTV :lol:.

The most popular fans are lunatics. Evidenced by the fact I’ve not heard of half the people you named. Kevin Campbell has a show on AFTV? **** me how the mighty hath fallen, he must be bored. Although let’s have it right, he’s hardly a legend like a Wrighty or a Romford Pele is he.

What’s that you mentioned? A tactical analysis show? :lol:. Please provide a link- I wanna see this tactical analysis.

Be honest, you've done an 'AFTV get out of our club' chant from behind your pc screen this season.

Your negativity would fit on well on the channel, or so I've heard!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Be honest, you've done an 'AFTV get out of our club' chant from behind your pc screen this season.

Your negativity would fit on well on the channel, or so I've heard!

Wrong! From behind my phone screen!

I’d rather eat glass than be interviewed on AFTV. Unless I could have a sit down with the main lot and discuss why I think they’re all toxic cash grabbers.

truth_hurts

Fair enough. I think our club has far bigger concerns than a YouTube channel though!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I dont know what circles you all run in but I have never had a rival fan mock ME for AFTV, yes they may talk about the ****** like Troop if it comes up but not even about Arsenal really, just that hes a bit of a ****. They also dont know as much about it as its made out on here, they may have seen one or two videos but none are weekly or even monthly viewers, just a random clip.

I know more rival fans than Arsenal fans too, mostly being Tottenham fans, none of them seem to care about AFTV, the only people I've found who either love or hate AFTV is Arsenal fans.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I live in the US and I have friends of rival clubs ask me weekly if I watched the fans on AFTV going nuts ranting and raving like lunatics. I've only ever heard AFTV in passing conversation from rival fans and I've never had fellow Arsenal fans (I have 3-4 acquaintances/friends over here who are Gooners) ever bring it up to me once.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I dont know what circles you all run in but I have never had a rival fan mock ME for AFTV, yes they may talk about the ****** like Troop if it comes up but not even about Arsenal really, just that hes a bit of a ****. They also dont know as much about it as its made out on here, they may have seen one or two videos but none are weekly or even monthly viewers, just a random clip.

I know more rival fans than Arsenal fans too, mostly being Tottenham fans, none of them seem to care about AFTV, the only people I've found who either love or hate AFTV is Arsenal fans.
I'm a 4th year pharmacy student.

In my class WhatsApp group, after an arsenal loss, you see majority of them saying "Let me go get my AFTV fix".

A lot of my friends that support, Chelsea, UTD and Liverpool thinks that AFTV represents the views of the entire fan base or at least most of the fan base.

Like when we won against UTD 2 days ago, a friend of mine was genuinely disappointed that he couldn't get to watch AFTV because we won.

The only other fan TV comparable to AFTV at present is TUS, but even they don't have the amount of subscribers as AFTV does

Top Bottom