• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

AFTV shouldn't be out and they're not at fault for free speech in the form of their content, however I do agree that the toxicity and the narratives bring instability and further divide across the fan base.

The platform should be used to promote unity across the fans and ensuring that the club we all love is held accountable, instead it's strictly sensationalism and irrational commentary. Shameful.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I think the problem is that they have regulars on that gain a following because of it and become too influential, what's worse it's usually the more toxic ones (except Ty maybe lol) because that attracts views. They kinda become figureheads of the fanbase which is damaging given their personality. If they had just interviewed different people every game and didn't go to the same people every time you could have avoided that and it wouldn't have been a plattform for our most toxic fans to vent.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

I bet the board paid for this.
Might be right, it looks too well done. It's quite a nice picture actually. Look at the sky, the street lamp and that person just walking by, going about their business, probably with real troubles on their mind... Thought provoking stuff. Better than the ****ing banana taped to a wall effort by the ****** that created that gold khazi.

Fallout

i watch aftv a lot and have mixed feelings.

what i dislike about aftv is they have a clear incentive to be incendiary, but they are rather disingenous in the way they downplay/ignore it.

fans obviously need to have a voice, but the fact that robbie prioritizes his stable of toxic superfans says a lot about what aftv is really about. he could make it a point to interview a new fan for each podcast rather than always troopz and dt.

i guarantee you robbie wouldnt trade the success of his platform for a premier league title. it's not altruistic ... it's needless toxicity at the clubs expense.

still entertaining though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

AFTV isn't completely bad, it's got a good idea to it but the criticism I have for it is it's always the same people every time & no matter what they are always pretty frustrated which atm I don't blame them though. I do think considering there are hundreds of fans walking by all the time they should start interviewing heaps, not just the same guys over & over. Every fan has a right to voice their say.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
This has to be a joke surely? :lol:

Has to be. The club didn't even want 'don robbie' (puke!) and the channel using the name Arsenal a few months back and now they're putting them on the pitch at halftime? Can't see it

GunnerShy

Has to be. The club didn't even want 'don robbie' (puke!) and the channel using the name Arsenal a few months back and now they're putting them on the pitch at halftime? Can't see it
Absolute wind up. More chance the board pay to have Robbie shot out the front of his favourite Gregg's that giving him a half time forum to interview those toxic regulars to play in front of an already restless fan base who are standing in a long slow moving queue for a room temperature Budweiser.

I didn't realise Gooners still watched AFTV I thought it was just MU and Sp**s fans. Good luck to Robbie it was a good concept, it's well put together, and he has done well to monetize the concept. But it has clearly had a materially negative impact on this club, so if you're a real fan and you love this club it's time you look at changing the format and giving less voice to the "regulars". If I'm honest, our away fans are brilliant so why not hear from more of them. I don't watch it anymore and I've still heard too much from Troopz and DT, how about more voices that better reflect the fan base than those two who have an agenda

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This has to be a joke surely? :lol:

To be honest I don't think its the worst idea, obviously having 'Troopz' and 'DT' on a big screen is a problem but if they could actually get decent fans who wont swear etc it could actually work, however I imagine slating the team at half time is not the best idea.

AFTV is not going away, if I was the club I would try and work with them, they have pretty much claimed themselves as the Fan Voice for the club, put Robbie on the books and then slowly take over and limit Robbies power over everything and then move it in a different direction.

The club could use AFTV positively if they embrace it.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Robbie probably plans with the regulars (DT, Troopz) if I'm right on the names where to meet them after every game to have their say, I'll be fan of it if Robbie just pulls any fan that is keen to participate in it for a say every now & then. It is called "AFTV" after all, not those 2 regulars.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
To be honest I don't think its the worst idea

It is literally the worst idea, ever, these tedious, braindead f*ckwits already have a hugely over-inflated sense of their own importance, things are bad enough but stick them on at half time and this club can well and truely f*ck off.
It started out being about the club, interviewing random fans etc , now it's just about making 'celebrities' out of a bunch of cretins.
Needs to be shut down. Or blown up.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It is literally the worst idea, ever, these tedious, braindead f*ckwits already have a hugely over-inflated sense of their own importance, things are bad enough but stick them on a half time and this club can well and truely f*ck off.
It started out being about the club, interviewing random fans etc , now it's just about making 'celebrities' out of a bunch of cretins.
Thinking about that, tbh I probably do agree, the only time I'm a fan of it is if they grab any fans along to have their say, if it's always going to be the same people then it's got to be shut down. They aren't famous people after all & every person has the right to have their say.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Robbie probably plans with the regulars (DT, Troopz) if I'm right on the names where to meet them after every game to have their say, I'll be fan of it if Robbie just pulls any fan that is keen to participate in it for a say every now & then. It is called "AFTV" after all, not those 2 regulars.

I thought it was in the same spot after every home game? Do they keep moving it around like an underground revolutionary meeting?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It is literally the worst idea, ever, these tedious, braindead f*ckwits already have a hugely over-inflated sense of their own importance, things are bad enough but stick them on at half time and this club can well and truely f*ck off.

Talk about being triggered by 'a bunch of cretins' :lol:

No idea why people get so upset by them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's a great hussle.. Fair play to Robbie, he struck gold.

Agreed. Brilliant idea. Unfortunately, it was born out of fan frustration and that frustration still continues but that's also why it generates views. Most of the clicks come from opposing fanbases.

I wonder how AFTV would fare if we figured this out and had a 4-5 year run re-establishing us as a top tier club. Arsenal's fanbase has a large social networking presence so I think AFTV would still do well if we were successful. The audience would change drastically though. More Arsenal fans would watch rather than opposing fanbases watching for the banter. I think AFTV contributors would change drastically too. The morbid lot wouldn't know how to still be interesting if we were winning.

Top Bottom