• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just my opinion, but the fans on here want what's best for the club and nothing else. AFTV have a conflict of interest. They say ArtetaOut and act the saviour if he goes and make more money. Its a win/win for them. Arteta going might actually make us worse but they'll be quiet then until they can start the next Out campaign
The characters on there do seem legit though... sure WWEing it up a bit but not actors or plants by the company itself. If they were found to be manipulating the narrative it would be an issue.

This popped up on my YT the other day... long before AFTV. :lol:

GoonerJay24

If I’m being real and I hate to admit it - Wenger is in a tier below Ferguson for great managers. That’s not to say he isn’t great though.

For the astronomical wages we paid to players, to the talent available within the squads we had I’d say he didn’t perform above expectations at all. If anything with 1 CL final in his time at the club I’d say he performed under it hence why the majority of fans got fed up. That is really what happened and again unless it’s a case of Mandela effect going on I don’t know what your smoking bro.

I agree the transition should have been smoother and would have been had he left 4 years earlier like he should have done. He over stayed his welcome and we’ve been in freefall ever since.
Your opinion. I'd say Wenger was slightly better despite winning less trophies. Doesn't change the fact Ferguson's teams were trounced on several occasions and also bottled some seasons.

We regularly challenged for the title during his earlier campaigns and reached top four every year until 2017, when AFTV and other groups really became impactful. Should've done better in the CL, I'll give you that. However English clubs perennially struggled in Europe in that era of Wengers best sides, it was difficult for every manager back then because of the competitive nature too.
I don't smoke and I'm not your bro, but your clearly too acknowledge other views so I won't even go there with you.

After maintaining Arsenal in the CL through our financially restricted years, I think he deserved a few more seasons at the club. We won two fa cups, two community shields and if it wasn't for crazy injuries, would've surely won a title between 2014-2016. Again it's all about opinions though, so we'll agree to disagree.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The characters on there do seem legit though... sure WWEing it up a bit but not actors or plants by the company itself. If they were found to be manipulating the narrative it would be an issue.

This popped up on my YT the other day... long before AFTV. :lol:

I don't doubt their legit and that kind of makes me sad tbh. I guess I'm old school or just old :lol:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This isn't solely about Wenger. It's about the poison that AFTV and other media outlets helped to spread through our club. Wenger had to go at some time as manager but I do believe his wisdom would have made the transition much smoother. They helped create an atmosphere which poisoned everything Wenger built. It seemed to me that Raul and Emery set out to wipe the slate totally by destroying everything at the club, good and bad. They stripped us of our ID and have left us with this shell. Change Wenger's bad bits but you keep the good regardless. I didn't wish them broken. Someone said they were and I find that group an unpleasant bunch so I'm not exactly sad for them. They championed a change for the worse with no thought so I'm not going to thank them. I don't read the main sports tabloids and avoid talksport unless someone here highlights it, so yes, I don't like the media especially their skewed coverage of us and others they don't like eg Sterling. I love this club and I've no time at all for anyone who seeks to unjustifiably "harm" it in anyway. This should be a no for any Gooner. Hope that answers your questions.
Yes but there was a big frustration amongst the fans that a transition was never going to happen. AFTV reflected this. Whilst we continued to get top 4, there was no change to the club structure. It was clear amongst fans there was still a downward trajectory of the club (just a slower rate with Wenger here than currently) so fans realised change was needed to stop us ending up where we have ended up.

I totally agree the best thing would have been to begin the transition in structure whilst Wenger was still the manager, but I think Wenger was very anti this also.

Artemis

If I’m being real and I hate to admit it - Wenger is in a tier below Ferguson for great managers. That’s not to say he isn’t great though.

For the astronomical wages we paid to players, to the talent available within the squads we had I’d say he didn’t perform above expectations at all. If anything with 1 CL final in his time at the club I’d say he performed under it hence why the majority of fans got fed up. That is really what happened and again unless it’s a case of Mandela effect going on I don’t know what your smoking bro.

I agree the transition should have been smoother and would have been had he left 4 years earlier like he should have done. He over stayed his welcome and we’ve been in freefall ever since.
He was shockingly bad in Europe. Got beaten by GALATASARAY in the UEFA cup final. Can you believe this?

Even got knocked out by Wayne Bridge's Chelsea during our invincible season. Then got knocked out by Liverpool and Man Utd as well (incompetent against English teams in European competition).

He failed to hold on against Barcelona in the final because he doesn't know how to park the bus. His excuse-makers will say "but we had 10 men!". Well Atletico Madrid had 10 men in the Europa League Semi final and Wenger STILL managed to concede against them to give them a late draw!

I'm not even going to mention the thrashings like 10-2 against Bayern. Everyone was laughing at Wenger at that point, only his die hard fans enjoyed the pain.

Never seen a top manager so utterly clueless in Europe. Was really sad to see honestly. I can't explain how he was so poor in Europe. And people compare him to Alex Ferguson...give me a break!

PS: The person who you're talking to admitted that he feels Wenger "deserved" to stay even after failing to place the team in the top 4 for two consecutive seasons. It's important to realize that when talking to people like this, the league position is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how far we drop, what matters is Wenger. And there's no real point talking to people like that, very sad reality.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes but there was a big frustration amongst the fans that a transition was never going to happen. AFTV reflected this. Whilst we continued to get top 4, there was no change to the club structure. It was clear amongst fans there was still a downward trajectory of the club (just a slower rate with Wenger here than currently) so fans realised change was needed to stop us ending up where we have ended up.

I totally agree the best thing would have been to begin the transition in structure whilst Wenger was still the manager, but I think Wenger was very anti this also.
The decline certainly set in under Wenger. I just find it hard to reconcile those who found the stadium and online antics acceptable for Wenger but not for example Xhaka. A proper transition would have seen us better off but the unbridled glee as BDR Sanlehi lol ripped the heart, soul and money out of the club for a flimsy structure and empty promises that lasted less than two years can't be forgotten-at least not by me. Webger certainly didn't like Don's but recent Sven comments suggest as working relationship was possible. No matter. Our best chance of help is burned and we will continue to flounder under Josh. Thanks for the reasonable tone of your post :)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
E0-oEoyWQAQpk9o

Who made this comparison on here, was it @Riou?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Ty obviously has issues of some kind, I think he’s autistic because he behaves like a 15 year old. He’s in his 50s.

Maybe even ADHD. He just doesn’t communicate with other people well. I think it’s exploitation having him on AFTV because he’s there to be laughed at.

Last night was uncomfortable viewing.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Ty obviously has issues of some kind, I think he’s autistic because he behaves like a 15 year old. He’s in his 50s.

Maybe even ADHD. He just doesn’t communicate with other people well. I think it’s exploitation having him on AFTV because he’s there to be laughed at.

Yeah he has some sort of development issues imo. So I admit I do sometimes find it a little cringy when trolls bait him on AFTV

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I've said for ages that he is definitely on the spectrum.

Also for someone who supposedly is a Man United fan you seem to spend a lot of time on Arsenal related things.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He waits outside to meet them too. Video on YouTube of him waiting with kids to meet the women’s team as they get off the coach, he gets blanked as one of the ladies greets the kids.

Seems a super fan.
Sounds even more sad tbh. No wife no kids probably no job just Arsenal is all he has.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
feel like he loves it!

just look at that 2004 video at the top... gives his opinion to SKY & fully kitted out before AFTV :lol:

he even actively searches out 3rd party cameras as well for non speaking roles! this was a classic player walk in

GoonerJay24

Because of them and the mainstream media continually bashing Wenger we've now gone backwards.

The problem with AFTV is not it's idea but the people Who regularly get filmed all seem to have similar views. Maybe apart from that Ty but he's too extreme the other way.

Top Bottom