• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Thing is, I don't blame the club for trying to convert him into a fullback, I think his attributes are probably best suited as a fullback or a wingback.
This! He has the right physical and technical attributes, he's just not on the right level in his head. He would probably get away with his flaws in midfield but will never get the chance there.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It's a harsh yellow imo.

He clearly won the ball, the follow through wasn't that bad.

We are where we are though he got a red

I felt it was harsh to send him off too. As usual the ref couldn't wait to send one of our players off.

This goes with his general carelessness though. If you know you are on a yellow, don't go on risky/almost 50/50 sliding challenges. Didn't he get 2 yellows in quick succession at Leicester last season? Seems he didn't learn anything from that.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Got sympathy for Ainsley. Was never a second yellow. Pathetic from Moss. Clearly won the ball. The officiating in this league is abysmal. Anyone who thinks that was 2nd yellow doesn’t have a clue about football. He should be demoted to League 2 after his performance today.

Pepes blue pill

I felt it was harsh to send him off too. As usual the ref couldn't wait to send one of our players off.

This goes with his general carelessness though. If you know you are on a yellow, don't go on risky/almost 50/50 sliding challenges. Didn't he get 2 yellows in quick succession at Leicester last season? Seems he didn't learn anything from that.

Why didnt the fat bastard go n watch it during the 5 mins amn was down for

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This! He has the right physical and technical attributes, he's just not on the right level in his head. He would probably get away with his flaws in midfield but will never get the chance there.

Even if that were the case, what does that matter if first and foremost he can't mark, tackle or read the game?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The 2nd yellow was abslout jole he won the ball then catch El Ghazy leg. What AMN supposed to do? If this how tackling becoming then players will never make hard tackle anymore it's joke. Sissoko yesterday was on yellow tackled Maddison won the ball and then catch Maddison leg why he wasn't sent off?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
AMN was playing very well as usual today and was wrongly sent off for a great tackle.

ASIF

People getting there frustration out on AMN are absolute joke.He was playing ok and that was a great tackle.But he is not a RB give him a chance in Mid field in the Carling cup and Europa league and let's see what he has got.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He literally got a second yellow for winning the ball, not only that but VAR didn't even overrule it. I'd love to have heard that conversation, like you can clear see he wins the ball and then catches the players after it. Did the fellow working with VAR not tell him this? English officiating is ****ing pathetic.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Jon Moss is a fat prick who needs no invitation to book our players. But AMN should know better, he got sent off against Leicester in a similar vein- two first half yellows.

Delighted Bellerin is nearing full fitness. We’ll look 100x better with him in the squad.

Kav

Established Member
I actually feel sorry for AMN, he's been constantly played out of position when it is obvious he is not a defender. He makes some questionable decisions at times as well. I however do not believe he should play RB or be Back up RB. Just go look in the U23 and find a player to fill that role (chambers is not a RB either but much better than AMN) . It's not rocket science.

FluffyDoozi

Unlucky to have sent off. Might have been a foul but it was incredibly soft since he got the ball. Why isn't VAR overturning this?
Still don't think he has the mentality and attitude to play for us long term, and it's not that he's not a natural right back. Bellerin, Kolasinac, Tierney, Auba in our squad weren't naturals in their positions but put their heads down and worked really hard to improve. AMN has the talent but not the attitude.

But I blame myself for this one, every Arsenal player I put in my fantasy team goes on to have actual shockers. This season alone AMN, Douzi last week and Luiz at the start

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ains is simply not good enough for a top PL team, midfield or full back. He simply lacks the concentration needed to be a top pro.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't agree it was harsh. I think he went in very strongly and his leg is raised (collision of shins and AMN is on the ground contacting a standing player). He should know better than to do this. Such a great game and as usual makes a silly decision which costs us. Needs a change this player. Bellerin can't come back soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom