• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Was undoubtedly a great talent - physically probably the best of his batch in terms of power and pace. Unfortunately the speed of improvement has not been good enough for someone who effectively was first choice over the last 6 months. He is still playing like he was on day 1.

Still very raw in decision making, composure and consistency. You probably can tell how the 90mins is going to go for him after his first tackle.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His role once Bellerin is back will be back up RB

Need ther Wenger nor Emery backed him at CM/winger. Wonder if he'll be happy or want to leave.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

His role once Bellerin is back will be back up RB

Need ther Wenger nor Emery backed him at CM/winger. Wonder if he'll be happy or want to leave.

Wenger started playing him at CM him and Xhaka were good at OT. Man's got crazy closing speed in a press or tracking back .He could also play that silly Kante role better than most.

@MutableEarth actually what do you think of that ? AMN in that Kante/Coquelin position ?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not convinced passing will be an issue at all in midfield. People forget he was mainly playing on the left side under Wenger 17/18 in the back 3 or 5 LWB / LM role. He looked far more comfortable as could open up body & had the wider range of passing available.

Hopefully he can take the lessons learnt from RB & really kick on in midfield. There could easily be a role there for him in a three. Emery really struggling to find the balance maybe its him behind a two.

Always mention this one match! :lol: But truly exceptional anchoring the midfield allowing Ox to go forward.

It's a match that goes under the radar when discussing his midfield prospects I find. Everyone remembers Old Trafford but this is the one where I was convinced midfield was a role for him. Same with his debut v Galatasaray. Ostersunds was a blip performance and the only one where he was really bad in CM. It's a shame as that was a perfect audition for him.

Wenger started playing him at CM him and Xhaka were good at OT. Man's got crazy closing speed in a press or tracking back .He could also play that silly Kante role better than most.

@MutableEarth actually what do you think of that ? AMN in that Kante/Coquelin position ?
Maybe not with the same vigour in terms of defensive duels but basically yes. Basically everything Willock is currently doing as a B2B midfielder. Think Willock is proving to be better defending duels. AMN is quicker and just as effective when getting plenty of touches on the ball. There were games at LB when the quick short passes he would do were progressing our attack better than Kola was.

I just don't see him getting that opportunity and basically giving up at RB before Bellerin is even match fit doesn't bode well for his prospects of breaking into the midfield/wing part of the pitch. That interview was him basically saying "**** this". I get it - he was never a full back and I always disputed everyone who said it's his best position - but to visibly and verbally sack it in is not great optics for me.

Pepes blue pill

Article in the athletic on him and how being versatile has seen him play different positions throughout his career and works against most players like that...

Hopefully with there being more options at rb now, he will get a chance to show he can play cm in either the EL or haribo cup, he has played well there before and its where Wenger is meant to have seen him, we had a similar situation with the ox who went to liverpool n showed he could play in the middle before his injury

I'd be dissapointed if he doesnt play there at some point this season, then its down to him to walk the walk

HBL

Established Member
Hopefully we can do a Liverpool and sell him for £20-25m next summer, has more brain fades than Xhaka/Mustafi and his passing ability is absolutely horrendous. Not a chance would I play him in midfield.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Should loan him out to a club willing to play him in midfield. Depending on the loan, you make a conclusion on his future.

Now it’s Bellerin/Chambers from here on.

zilfy

Despite all his shortcomings he is now an experienced premier league player.

He has been playing for a top club at the highest level for a long time with youth still on his side. This has to translate into dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom