• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People keep saying this but I just don't think it's true. AMN isn't a "natural CM" and has never looked like being one at this level. He has, however, put in quite a few good performances as a RB and his attributes clearly suit that position more.

How much game time has he had there? There was similar scepticism about Ox based on very little evidence. I think undoubtedly he’s proved he’s capable of doing a job at RB but can truly excel when he gets more touches of the ball in midfield.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
How much game time has he had there? There was similar scepticism about Ox based on very little evidence. I think undoubtedly he’s proved he’s capable of doing a job at RB but can truly excel when he gets more touches of the ball in midfield.

If I'm unable to be skeptical given limited game time, then how are you so boldly confident based on the same game time? Swings both ways, bud.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If I'm unable to be skeptical given limited game time, then how are you so boldly confident based on the same game time? Swings both ways, bud.

My latter statement about excelling in midfield was about Ox since he’s moved there despite the skeptics.

With AMN and midfield you’re right nobody can know either way until he’s given a proper chance.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'm one of his more vocal fans, I really hope Mikel gives him a run in the midfield. With more experience and good coaching he could become a great DM. Him being forced to place right back the last 3 years will have helped that immensely. With Arteta using the tactic of a full back tucking into midfield we saw him have one of his best games .

ScotsGooner89

Arteta should pull him in and tell him he’s considered a RB from now on. All of his training etc focused on that alone. No more pipe dreams of midfield or AMR. He’s shown he can perform that role e wee bit as much as bellerin recently. Think he’ll buy into the idea with Arteta’s vision of inverted FBs too.

If he doesn’t want it then we should sell as he’s probably got a high premium.

Kysus

Exactly the type of player you need as a FB in our new modern system.
Calm and assured on the ball, pace, strength.
Key player, Bellerin has a mountain to climb(i can see AMN helping out in CM with Bellerin at RB as well though)

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Played some sumptuous balls down the wing today.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has all the traits to be a top centre mid. We could use his ball recoveries and tackles in a central area if we bought an actual right back to compete with Bellerin. Instead we have Guendouzi waving his arms around as he jogs back.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He shouldn't be in our first 11 we need a new RB badly with Bellerin's injury problems. You need really good fullbacks in modern football.

Yep agreed, but when you look at where we are now, and the injuries and options, were you not encouraged by his performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom