• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Really starting to like the look of him at RB. Didn`t contribute much going forward today but that is understandable considering he was up against Zaha.

Look switched on for the entire match, his positioning was and has the athleticism to handle players like Zaha. Very encouraging to see.
He has really developed nicely in that position. He doesn't offer all that much going forward but he really locked it down in defence.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is under strict instructions to not overlap. So how is he meant to contribute going forward as a fullback? By passing. Who is he passing to? Players who can't make the ball stick to save their life.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He is under strict instructions to not overlap. So how is he meant to contribute going forward as a fullback? By passing. Who is he passing to? Players who can't make the ball stick to save their life.
Is he? Interesting tactic. One I like though, considering the risk and reward over the course of a season.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
He has become one of my favourite players since Arteta has come in. I think he is crucial to the way Arteta wants us to play and him and Pepe on the right is great!

nas7232

I'd play AMN RW instead of pepe/nelson since he loses possession much less and not afraid of going forward with a decent cross

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
'Central midfielders' can only refer to AMN. Interesting what happens when Bellerin is fit. Will he move him inside? I hope so.
Depends what do you mean by being fit. Is it enough for him to be able to complete the training session and 90min game or do we expect him to regain the pace that he lost and improve his passing/first touch that's completely gone off. I think Bellerin is nowhere near of a level required for our first team

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Obviously, when we are analysing the opponents and scenarios that are happening on the pitch, we have to try to correct and help the players as much as possible. But we can ask Ainsley a lot of thing, but he's not a full-back. Bukayo is not a full-back.

Will be interesting how he will perform in midfield under Arteta later. Probably will play as RB until Bellerin is 100% fit again.

Could imagine we are trying to loan a RB from somewhere.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will be interesting how he will perform in midfield under Arteta later. Probably will play as RB until Bellerin is 100% fit again.

Could imagine we are trying to loan a RB from somewhere.
We desperately need RB more than LB. Niles looking good defensively but offensively he offer really none

Bloodbather

Established Member

AMN is clearly a right-sided box-to-box midfielder so Arteta's system instructing him to cut in has a positive impact on him when he plays RB. It's closer to what he actually is.

The problem for AMN is that he just doesn't have the quality actually be used as a right-sided box-to-box midfielder in our team. He's either going to stay as a versatile squaddie, or explore his opportunities at somewhere like Southampton or Newcastle.

Pepes blue pill

Before arteta I was desperate for this lad to be dropped, now I feel its harsh that he has been, really hope the gaffer finds a way to get him plenty of playing time still, he hasnt put a foot wrong since the change of manager

zilfy

Great to see mikel willing to give him a go in the midfield (albeit only for a few minutes).
If this season is a write off (which I dont think it is yet) then this is the season to give him plenty of time there to see if he can cut it there

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Now that Bellerin is back, I hope he gets given a chance in midfield here and there. Lad deserves it.

I commend him for his commitment and mental strength to stick at it and give it his all in rb, he was getting a bit of stick at one point iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom