• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well as RWB he look more comfortable playing because he got mmore protection also if we remember as RB he struggled in many games.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Thought he did quite well. Could do more in possession, but positive performance.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Put in a performance the level Bellerin hasnt been able to do in years.

You love to see it!
Biggest difference between the two is attitude.

Ainsley believes he will beat his man.

Hector hopes he can beat his man.

Hope Hector finds some confidence or Ainsley claims RB.

Good performance.

Like I said. AMN is a good player, a great talent. He can be very good RB in the future if he wants too. He can also become a very good midfielder if the manager gives him a chance there.

Impact

Established Member
Technically Maitland-Niles is at a different level to Bellerín. Notably today we saw how good his pass reception can be and how it puts him in a position to progress play, which Pépé benefited from hugely.

Whereas Bellerín often finds himself in a position where after receiving the ball he can only reasonably pass inside which starves our attack on the right-hand side. Bellerín is still recovering from his injury so we may see improvements with time but it is worrying right now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta needs to have an honest chat with him. We have Bellerin, Cedric and Sokratis who can all play at RB. If AMN won't play at RB and Arteta won't play him in midfield, he must be moved on. There's no point keeping him and letting him stagnate. He was good today and with a little application and better coaching, he might be very,very good at RB.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wow, seeing him at RB made you realise bellerin must be walking through sludge when he plays. The difference in agility and movement is mind blowing.
I've backed Bellerin but yeah it was night and day. Was amazing to see a RB who could pass to someone who wasn't playing RCB or the RCM.

Is it a coincidence that Pepe had one of his best games for us? Maybe but I'd like to see more.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Imagine if we sell this guy and keep Bellerin and Soares and actually AMN turns out to be our best RB hahaha that'd be funny y'know.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin kills our build up, teams just cut off certain passing lanes when he's on the ball and know he will either pass backwards or give it away. Ainsley can play with both feet and at any angle, he's really agile and has a good touch (education as a midfielder helps this).

He obviously isn't perfect, he needs to improve his concentration and intensity, far too often he 10/20 min spells where he is really poor. But on the whole, he definitely is better than Bellerin now in my opinion.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Do you think its more likely that AMN hates being on the bench rather than actually being a right back? I think it's possible he's fed up of being the understudy and why he complains a lot. I think if we were to move on Bellerin, he might be more willing to play right back.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He really should consider RB and stop fighting it. Why does every player want to be a midfielder? Maybe he’ll do a Theo and change his mind...

Especially as fullbacks are massively important in the current game and there's enough examples of wingers or CMs becoming lauded fullbacks.

lazyfreak

Do you think its more likely that AMN hates being on the bench rather than actually being a right back? I think it's possible he's fed up of being the understudy and why he complains a lot. I think if we were to move on Bellerin, he might be more willing to play right back.
No. He already had an entire season of playing RB/RWB and started this season doing so then came out with that "I'm not a defender" interview. He's hell-bent on a midfield role.

People are going a bit overboard with his performance against Southampton. Yes it was an improved performance from his point of view and the RB position in general. But it doesn't take away the fact most of his RB performances have been average at best, some even being really poor.

He really should consider RB and stop fighting it. Why does every player want to be a midfielder? Maybe he’ll do a Theo and change his mind...
Ship has sailed. He along with some of his staunch followers view him strictly as a CM. He's third choice RB and eighth choice CM at best, taking into consideration Saka and even Kolasinac as LCM options. Would be shocked if he was still here next season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Bellerin might not be playing well, but it’s because he has just recovered from injury and it’s obvious that he is not match fit. But this is just a fitness issue, everyone knows what bellerin can do in top form.

AMN does not really have a stand out quality in him. He just looks more average. I would say he is more consistent. But has a lower ceiling in terms of development.

And also some people here praise AMN technical ability. In terms of technical ability they are not significantly better than one another.

These are technical skills (they are not complicated skills like elastico but at least they are simple skill move to send the defender to the wrong way):
00:18-00:24
01:08-01:12
01:18-01:24
01:53-01:58
02:07-02:15
01:25-01:33
02:00-02:04
04:36-04:43
04:57-05:03 (bellerin)
05:03-05:08

Who doesn’t want our wing back to be as technically gifted as marcelo. Both AMN and Bellerin are not bad at it, they are not significantly better than one another in terms of technical skills. You are just trying too hard to put bellerin down by saying AMN is much better in this aspect of the game.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

The thing is, playing RB for Unai Emery and playing RB for Mikel Arteta are completely different things. Under Emery you're a regular RB, under Arteta you're expected to drop in and become a quasi-midfielder at times. AMN should be all over that, he's very well suited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom