<

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krackpot, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

His intensity in his past couple of appearances has been much improved. Still incredibly confident and lackadaisical on the ball but putting in a lot more effort in trying to win the ball back and even leaving a little bit on his opponent with some crunching tackles which is site for sore eyes since the invincible.

Macho likes this.
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Brilliant yesterday. I think his best performances for us have came at LB or LWB.

3. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

I want him at LWB against Liverpool.

Take Salah out of the game.

4. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Maybe same again, stick Tierney on him then send AMN on to finish the job :lol:.

Next few games will be a good test for both players if given the minutes IMO.

Hunta likes this.
  5. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Big statement but I see shades of Ray Parlour in him. Seems like you could throw him on anywhere on the pitch and he could potentially perform well. Hopefully he's now realising how invaluable that can be.

6. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

[​IMG]

Look at the positioning from Ainsley: “go on go inside on your weaker left, I know you want to go right but that’s not happening.”

7. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

The problem is that I think AMN sees himself like as a midfielder, and he has no business there in the modern game. The Romford Pele was a truly hardworking attacking midfielder. AMN is nothing of the sort.

He can make a great career for himself as a fullback at Arsenal...or he can play central midfield for Brentford.

lazyfreak likes this.
  8. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Oh yeah for sure. Personally I'd have him starting right back till end of season and see how he does. Could see the world of difference between playing him there against Sheff Utd compared to Bellerin recently.

zilfy likes this.
  9. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

10. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

I'm very glad he's had a change of heart (if previous reports of him being unhappy are to be believed). His mixture of athleticism, defensive ability, and calmness on the ball is such a useful combination and obviously translates to ability to play in lots of different positions. As others have pointed out, Arteta's use of fullbacks could be appealing to him, hopefully we get to see a bit more of that.

Riou likes this.
  11. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

Gotta do better with that pass for Tierney. Wasted a good opportunity.

12. Marjorie

Wasted cross. Needs to put in better there.

13. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Good performance from him, super confident to hopefully this crap about us wanting to move him on is bull

14. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

The reports were the other way around Ornstein said he wants to go for more game time. I hope we hold him to his contract for at least another year.

15. Marjorie

Does so well to beat walker but then the cross lacking again

16. Tumblin'Dice

Tumblin'Dice Hates Reddit

Warrior.

sdotzdot likes this.
  17. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

What a performance!

Arguably his best performance. Apart from that one time Mahrez beat him and cut he's was immense.

Top game

Gooner416 and sdotzdot like this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

He is excellent 1v1 this guy.
    His final ball was really poor throughout sadly. Couldn’t help but wish it was Saka in the final third instead at times.

It’s a shame his Arsenal career coming to an end he’s ones of our own. Warrior.

19. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Should be signed with a new contract, but can’t really blame him if Bellerin keeps being picked in front of him.

20. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Best performance I've seen from him. Luiz at the end telling him, You going nowhere!

Lady_Gooner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.