• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think he is still fragile somehow and insecure, maybe because of his age. Otherwise, when he can show such a good performance against a top team and a top manager, in coming years he can be more than a squad player.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His attitude and demeanour on the pitch does seem to have changed lately. Looks more focused and less blasé.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

His attitude and demeanour on the pitch does seem to have changed lately. Looks more focused and less blasé.
Looks even emotional at times. Like he can’t believe himself how well he’s doing. I love players that can do what he does. When he came on vs Wolves and took on Traore it felt amazing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He just needs to embrace rb/rwb and take his place in the Arsenal and England team but he’s a stubborn git.

The Trent and Oxlade comparison someone made in here is so spot on. You definitely want to be AAT instead of Oxlade when you’re at a big club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't understand why he didn't start today Artera got seriously wrong with the front 3 if he wanted to play Nektiah then drop laca put Nektiah CF Saka RW and play Niles as LWB

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can count himself unlucky not to start after a strong performance v City.

Its borderline negligence now. What does he have to do to get a chance? I understand why Xhaka and Ceballos play together as they have some semblance of a partnership even though it has massive weaknesses.

The worst he could do is:

- lose most aerial duels like Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- dive in and let his man run past him like Ceballos, Guendouzi and Xhaka.
- lose the ball from dwelling on it too long like Ceballos, Xhaka, Guendouzi.
- lose the ball from lack of concentration like Torreira, Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira.
- pass to the opposition and lead a chance on goal like Xhaka and Ceballos.
- be out of position like Guendouzi.
- not pass forwards like Ceballos, Xhaka and Torreira.
- lose 50/50 duels by being weak in the tackle, like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- complete less than 2 dribbles every game like Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira.

-create no big chances like Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- fail to shoot like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- fail to score like Guendouzi, Xhaka and Torreira.
- fail to track runners like Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- get dribbled past and have no pace to recover like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- give away stupid penalties like Xhaka.

- give away stupid fouls like Xhaka.
- play a stupid pass that leads to a goal like Xhaka.
-get caught in possession at the edge of our own box like Guendouzi.
-throw the ****ing captains armand on the floor and tell the fans to **** off like Xhaka.

The point is AMN could do all of the idiotic things above and still be a part of our midfield as he wouldn't look out of place. Yet of that list, the bolded points are the ones he would definitely rectify and improve our midfield with. All of the rest we dont know as he hasn't played enough for us to know, yet would it be any worse? We definitely know that it could not be worse.

Why did he not use this match to play AMN with one of Ceballos or Xhaka?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Full back for the Arsenal, or central midfielder for Brighton....or Charlton.

What a time to be alive!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Its borderline negligence now. What does he have to do to get a chance? I understand why Xhaka and Ceballos play together as they have some semblance of a partnership even though it has massive weaknesses.

The worst he could do is:

- lose most aerial duels like Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- dive in and let his man run past him like Ceballos, Guendouzi and Xhaka.
- lose the ball from dwelling on it too long like Ceballos, Xhaka, Guendouzi.
- lose the ball from lack of concentration like Torreira, Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira.
- pass to the opposition and lead a chance on goal like Xhaka and Ceballos.
- be out of position like Guendouzi.
- not pass forwards like Ceballos, Xhaka and Torreira.
- lose 50/50 duels by being weak in the tackle, like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- complete less than 2 dribbles every game like Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira.

-create no big chances like Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- fail to shoot like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- fail to score like Guendouzi, Xhaka and Torreira.
- fail to track runners like Ceballos and Guendouzi.
- get dribbled past and have no pace to recover like Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.
- give away stupid penalties like Xhaka.

- give away stupid fouls like Xhaka.
- play a stupid pass that leads to a goal like Xhaka.
-get caught in possession at the edge of our own box like Guendouzi.
-throw the ****ing captains armand on the floor and tell the fans to **** off like Xhaka.

The point is AMN could do all of the idiotic things above and still be a part of our midfield as he wouldn't look out of place. Yet of that list, the bolded points are the ones he would definitely rectify and improve our midfield with. All of the rest we dont know as he hasn't played enough for us to know, yet would it be any worse? We definitely know that it could not be worse.

Why did he not use this match to play AMN with one of Ceballos or Xhaka?

Because AMN was probably utterly exhausted after the weekend, judging by the f/t whistle reacton may have other things going on emotionally beyond just wanting to play more (which adds to tiredness) and Arteta's got to give his Uruguayan world Cup holding midfielder a go in holding midfield to see if he needs to move him on (and if so maintain his value).

I agree with your point in other situations, but I think in this one, I would have done the same, and I love AMN

Bloodbather

Established Member

Well, the point being made is that while the player has excelled in a full back role, he’s earned the right to prove he can play in a position he claims to be his most comfortable at some stage. Not necessarily now.

I’m unsure why that’s controversial tbh. The likes of Lahm, Alaba, Sergi Roberto and Kimmich all played in midfield as youth players, broke into the first team as full backs, and earned game time in midfield as they gained experience.

The overlap makes a lot of tactical sense if you think of the task required by a modern CM when the full back pushes forward.

Full-back to CM to full-back or CM to full-back to CM is one of the most common conversions in football today. It happens at lower levels of football, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom