• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Marching On To The Saints

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He had some nice moments but lots of bad ones too. Always wants to be cool and try flashy stuff. A better opposition would have punished him for his mistakes.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Better than Granit Xavi already not like that is saying much. We should be seeing more of him this season in the midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll get minutes Arteta like rotate even tho I'm not fan of it but today was first real game with Arsenal in midfield and he did well.

Tom349

He had some nice moments but lots of bad ones too. Always wants to be cool and try flashy stuff. A better opposition would have punished him for his mistakes.

Incredibly frustrating player.

Case in point right after we scored, Norwich punt the ball to his position, he casually receives it, no issues with his touch but then decides to take another couple of touches before releasing the ball to Ramsdale who ends up kicking the balls into crowd as by the time the ball had got there Norwich were into their press.

Happens way too much with a few players in our team where they think they can take all the time in the world while on the board, only in doing allowing the opposition to reset their press.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Better than Swiss Charlie @dam already not like that is saying much. We should be seeing more of him this season in the midfield.
Oh jesus. This is like when people said Torreira was better than Xhaka 😂, but actually worse. Torreira was at least a midfielder, if a crap one.

You can hate Xhaka all you like but there is simply no comparison between Xhaka and AMN, it's frankly a ludicrous statement to compare them, much less say AMN is better. No chance in hell Mourinho and a club like Roma chases AMN to be a CM. Take a reality check.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Oh jesus. This is like when people said Torreira was better than Xhaka 😂, but actually worse. Torreira was at least a midfielder, if a crap one.

You can hate Xhaka all you like but there is simply no comparison between Xhaka and AMN, it's frankly a ludicrous statement to compare them, much less say AMN is better. No chance in hell Mourinho and a club like Roma chases AMN to be a CM. Take a reality check.
The corner flag is better than $wiss Charlie Adam. Have to write it like that now because if you write it normally they changed it to output Granit Xavi. Awful player he will be off to Stoke for 4m soon. At least AMN was wanted by Wolves for 15m.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
At least AMN was wanted by Wolves for 15m.
Indeed, to play RB, his position.

He is so far below the standard required, not just of an Arsenal midfielder, because that goes without saying, but of I dare say even a PL midfielder. If you look at the midfielders today in the game against the team last in the table, likely to be battling in relegation positions all season, there is no doubt who the worst midfielder on the pitch today was.

Anyways, if people can't see that I don't know what to say. People couldn't see that we should've sold him to Wolves at the time either, and that it wasn't worthy of a mass meltdown on the forum, but that it was actually an offer we should accept. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely weird phenomenon with AMN that occurs on this forum.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why are people saying he did well? He was garbage outside a few brief moments. He doesn't get in positions to receive the ball. He doesn't get in positions to defend and doesn't win the ball back. He also passed to the opposition and got depossed for fun. He made a couple of chances to be fair to him but outside of that was none existant at linking defense to attack.

Pretty much could of been playing with 10 men with him in the midfield, which is how absent he was.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Did alright today, nothing amazing but first start for a while and all that. Certainly wouldn't have been the reason we'd have lost anyway.

Still feel the defensive part of his game is where he will serve us well if he takes less risks with his passing, Partey and him together would be a really solid unit.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Did a couple of flashy thing in CM that will get his 'fanboys' excited but most of the time its style over substance. Take away the odd eye catching moment & imho he was sub elneny standard.

RB- Got roasted once & was caught out of position a couple of times . Can see why Cedric came on to replace him.

Tbf he was probably feeling tired as he put in decent effort.

I really hope he kicks on and gains confidence but unless he gets better he is certainly not good enough to be starting regularly

Alkesh

If that CM performance was the standard, I'd rather have Elneny get minutes. He looked lethargic, loose in possession, and generally had a poor game. If Elneny is the king of unspectacular consistency over style, then AMN looked the opposite; a few flare moments interrupting the generally awful play. I'd rather have the consistency from a bench player.

In any case, neither of them is good enough for us. I'd rather ESR/White/Tomiyasu get midfield minutes, another youth project like Olayinka/Akinola, or try to see if we can keep Lokonga and Partey fit and just keep that pair.

Still screaming for a top quality CM in the next transfer window, because AMN isn't it.

db10fan

AMN has much fewer chances at CM and hasn't managed to screw us there while Xhaka regularly screw us there so give me AMN over Xhaka whenever AMN available until AMN proves to be as suicidal at CM as Xhaka for us. I really hope Mou comes back for his boy in January. So far AMN shows that he is only good for utility/versatile cover though, so he needs to improve if he wants to be starter at CM or RB.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Should never play another meaningful PL game for Arsenal as a CM. Absolutely shocking stuff. Invisible and when not terrible on the ball.

All you ranters and ravers laying into Arteta for not giving him more chances there honestly owe him a massive apology for that crap. He's not even better than Elneny, who for all his faults and utter mediocrity, is at least a semblance of a midfielder.
Thats what people on here refuse to accept. He is kept out of CM by Elneny for good reason.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I felt sorry for him he was so desperate to impress but nothing came off.

The Hale End guys who have made it, their secret sauce is they keep it mad simple.

He needs to be safer and more cautious with his decision making and go for the easier option, he will find himself in Arteta’s 11 more.
I agree & because he once scored a fancy penalty his head often writes cheques that most of the time his feet simply cannot cash.

I get he wants to impress but needs to keep is simple, work hard & be a useful squaddie 👍.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
AMN has much fewer chances at CM and hasn't managed to screw us there while Xhaka regularly screw us there so give me AMN over Xhaka whenever AMN available until AMN proves to be as suicidal at CM as Xhaka for us. I really hope Mou comes back for his boy in January. So far AMN shows that he is only good for utility/versatile cover though, so he needs to improve if he wants to be starter at CM or RB.

Wait a minute, Xhaka while he may be late in challenges at least gets in defensive positions. AMN is completely out of position defensively and never comes close to covering or challenging. That makes him a much bigger liability than Xhaka defensively.

He also unlike Lakonga/Xhaka/Elneny is out of position when we're in possession to receive the ball.

He's also an absolute liability in possession.

Top Bottom