• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Marching On To The Saints

db10fan

Wait a minute, Xhaka while he may be late in challenges at least gets in defensive positions. AMN is completely out of position defensively and never comes close to covering or challenging. That makes him a much bigger liability than Xhaka defensively.

He also unlike Lakonga/Xhaka/Elneny is out of position when we're in possession to receive the ball.

He's also an absolute liability in possession.
As I said AMN has only got few chances at CM thus I still give him time to improve if he is playing CM, though I dont think he will improve enough, but I will give him chances to prove me wrong. Xhaka I have seen enough to know he wont improve and he clearly wants out and at the age where selling him is the best decision we can do, so I dont want him playing unless as emergency back up when no one is available.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's had worse games. He was half decent today - as soon as he stops trying to do too much, he'll be fine. I still think we should have sold him, unless he's going to get more opportunities like today. He'll have better games in CM.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
As I said AMN has only got few chances at CM thus I still give him time to improve if he is playing CM, though I dont think he will improve enough, but I will give him chances to prove me wrong. Xhaka I have seen enough to know he wont improve and he clearly wants out and at the age where selling him is the best decision we can do, so I dont want him playing unless as emergency back up when no one is available.

Honestly mate, Xhaka has his issues, but his availability on the ball, pass distribution and defensive contribution is many many levels above AMN.

Today it looked like AMN though he was too skillful to do the defensive work. When in reality it's the opposite. He's only here as a water carrier and he doesn't want to carry the water.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sure glad we kept him around for that one game against Norwich, can't wait till he plays against Wimbledon and then never again till we loan him out in January.

I can't believe we convinced him to stay, everyone knows what you said, is exactly what's gonna happen.

He really should've pushed harder to leave.

Melquiades

If you think he had a decent game all I can do is laugh. He was by far the biggest problem in our performance up until he was moved to RB. Which happened to coincide with a goal constructed by a pass from Thomas.

It's amazing what agendas will do to people. He was nothing short of abysmal. A midfielder who hides so much and leaves our midfield basically with one player operating it, doesn't offer that much defensively either, and on top of all that, is extremely sloppy in possession...what else can you say about that except an extremely poor performance.

Find a performance where Elneny played the same amount of passes in 90 minutes as his midfield partner in 60, where he was 10% less accurate (39/49-- very poor for a midfielder attempting so few passes) against relegation fodder at home, where he was dispossessed twice and had two UnsTch...Elneny is **** but not to those levels.

The game changed completely when he was taken out of midfield and Thomas was brought on.

Pretty much this.

Holy hell he was bad. Worst Arsenal player on the pitch. He had 1 or 2 good moments where he showed some of the skill he does have, but other than that was lazy, loose, sloppy. Like I said in the match thread he must have had 10 turnovers. And this is what we saw last year as well.

He’s a player I’ve tried really hard to support but he makes it impossible with performances like this.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I can't believe we convinced him to stay, everyone knows what you said, is exactly what's gonna happen.

He really should've pushed harder to leave.

While I agree with you, he did post "let my people go" on his Instagram.

We all know the only way up from there is driving to Goddison Park and hanging around the gate.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
While I agree with you, he did post "let my people go" on his Instagram.

We all know the only way up from there is driving to Goddison Park and hanging around the gate.
He may have messed up by crashing his car before arrivng tbf 🤔.

Lets be honest If his concentration behind the wheel is at similar levels to that shown on the football pitch you would worry for both his safety & that of other road users.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Must of watched a different game to you man. Had a decent game, nowhere as bad as being made out to be. Thought he broke up play well and he actually passed the ball forward. Can’t be said for our other midfielders. Good to have someone in the mid
dle with some actual speed also. few sloppy passes but we move.

blrgooner

Established Member
Wait a minute, Xhaka while he may be late in challenges at least gets in defensive positions. AMN is completely out of position defensively and never comes close to covering or challenging. That makes him a much bigger liability than Xhaka defensively.

He also unlike Lakonga/Xhaka/Elneny is out of position when we're in possession to receive the ball.

He's also an absolute liability in possession.
Agree with this Didn`t offer anything off the ball in the midfield. Positioning was very poor.
He had 35 touches and 25 passes in the first half which was the reason we were struggling to maintain any kind of midfield control in the first half and were struggling to link defense with attack. Xhaka is usually much better in terms of positioning and linking defense with attack. I think Xhaka needs to be improved upon for us but he is levels above AMN as a central player in a 4 2 3 1 formation.
He did better in the second half even before Partey came on though and was pretty good after he moved to the right hand side I thought.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I went into this match a little excited to see Ainsley in midfield, but with a critical eye because to be honest it gets annoying how much some people seem determined to hype him up and cry about his exclusion from the team when the majority of his performances for Arsenal & West Brom have been average. That said, I like his personality and he has electric pace that is missing from most of the rest of our players.

As I said, I was looking to judge him harshly but I actually thought he played pretty well. His pace is a really useful asset and he was generally quite forward thinking in his passes and runs. He definitely struggles with game intelligence and management but as a ball winning CM he's fine as 4th choice - similar in quality to Elneny imo, maybe a little better as he grows into the role. He's more useful in the squad than Elneny and I'd quite like to see more of him there.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Hope he gets more of a run in the team. The only positive thing about Swis$ Charlie Adam is he has covid and that won’t last too long. AMN should take his place until the window opens and we can sell him to Stoke for 4m.

IstraBalagina

He looks unhappy and lacks confidence, Arteta successfully demoralized him.
He'll need a run of games anyway to be judged.

DasBootist

Wait 'til he has a run of games before judging him imho. The team won and kept a clean sheet with him starting in midfield.

He will either get better or be replaced by Partey/Xhaka in future.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We could have sold this guy ages ago. Its been clear for sometime that he has no future at Arsenal, yet we cling on, paying wages and watching his value drop. He'll end up going on a free, same as Nketiah, Elneny, Kola & Laca. What a useless club we are!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thought he was decent. Very mobile and always looking to go forward. Did well with Sambi considering they are strangers. Defensively, he was a bit switched off but the midfield actually dominated and controlled in patches and that's what we need to work on.

Top Bottom