• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Marching On To The Saints

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I thought Ainsley had a good game last night.

I think at times he switches off mentally and has a habit of ball watching and finding himself out of position.

Still, I think he's progressing really nicely overall. I don't think he's likely to be a week in week out starting option for us in CM anytime soon but he's a really useful squad player to have.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I thought Ainsley had a good game last night.

I think at times he switches off mentally and has a habit of ball watching and finding himself out of position.

Still, I think he's progressing really nicely overall. I don't think he's likely to be a week in week out starting option for us in CM anytime soon but he's a really useful squad player to have.
Thats the major issue for me. Wont make it as a top level pro with the concentration capacity of a fkin goldfish.

Now If he can continue keeping his passing tidy all he actually would need is a brain transplant to be a really useful player 🤣 😂

Seriously though the lad needs work on his mentality.
Surely things can be done to help? Brain training skills or something?
I would love him to make it here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nobody chat to me today about this. I have smoke for everybody tonight :lol:

MOTM in the PL for AMN in midfield. He's building his stock there just like I believed he would if he had the chance. Think he edges ahead of Lokonga for me and starts next to Partey.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Strolled through it. Happy for him, he's waited a long time for the opportunity but you'd like to think on that showing it won't be his last.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Very good game from him. Good to fight with lokonga for partey's partner. Will be crucial during afcon as well. Hope he keeps it up.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

MOTM in the PL for AMN in midfield. He's building his stock there just like I believed he would if he had the chance. Think he edges ahead of Lokonga for me and starts next to Partey.
He is a holding midfielder who would allow Partey to be riskier. He was an excellent foil for Lokonga today. Lokonga just didn't have the quality.

We don't get transitioned on through the centre with AMN on.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I've had to read paragraphs on here about how this boy can't play midfield.

The only thing you can hold against him today was the quality of the opposition.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great game.

Jokes with Auba pretty much costing him a goal (should have let Niles take the pen) and an "assist" (wouldn't have gotten the assist, but would have made the disallowed goal brilliantly, if the ball didn't bounce of Pierre like he was prime Giroud!) :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The only thing you can hold against him today was the quality of the opposition.
And he put in a solid performance against Leeds midfield in the Cup too - a bit stronger than this opposition. Watford had a very physical game against us and he stood up against it.

He is a holding midfielder who would allow Partey to be riskier. He was an excellent foil for Lokonga today. Lokonga just didn't have the quality.

We don't get transitioned on through the centre with AMN on.
Yeah, we rarely got done on the counter at all today, and AMN was a huge reason for that. I like him a lot in that roaming 6 role. Next step is to start showing a bit more of his passing but at the moment he should keep doing what he's doing.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I thought he's perfect for exactly this kind of opposition. And I don't mean from a quality standpoint but from a physicality standpoint.

Without Ainsley today's game may have gone very differently.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Nah, I think it will be Partey-Lokonga. AMN is definitely more of an 8 than a 6. Not sure if AMN and Partey would work in midfield.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I thought he's perfect for exactly this kind of opposition. And I don't mean from a quality standpoint but from a physicality standpoint.

Without Ainsley today's game may have gone very differently.
Yeah it's a good point you and Mutable brought up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom