• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Palace is more Arsenal than us at the moment.
If we want to compete top 4 we can't put 11 young players you need quality all over the pitch. if we want finish 10-15th develop players and then sell them big that'll make sense. But we can mix it up and that what we currently doing that people not seeing it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Viera is a terrible manager so no doubt this is probably true.

• Wow
Reactions: A_G

Alexs

Actually you're probably right. I'm just waiting for the Dream Team: owner who gives a ****, competent manager, and Vieira, Bergkamp and Henry as daemons.

TinFish

Like this guy, played excellently against City in the final. Should work for a 1st team spot at fullback to be fair. If that's not gonna happen then we need to sell him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Because he isn't that good there. He knows it, but seemingly everyone seems determined to force him there.

He looks very good as a one v one defender though. Plus he is decent on the ball, can link up. I don't think his positioning and passing are good enough for him to play CM for a team that wants to finish top 4. His athleticism, one v one defending and technical ability can make him a dangerous fullback if he dedicates himself to that position. But I can understand him wanting to test himself as a midfielder. Prob would have to do that on another team in the EPL or even in championship level. Although I don't rate El-neny, Xhaka, Ceballos, I don't think AMN is the answer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looks very good as a one v one defender though. Plus he is decent on the ball, can link up. I don't think his positioning and passing are good enough for him to play CM for a team that wants to finish top 4. His athleticism, one v one defending and technical ability can make him a dangerous fullback if he dedicates himself to that position. But I can understand him wanting to test himself as a midfielder. Prob would have to do that on another team in the EPL or even in championship level. Although I don't rate El-neny, Xhaka, Ceballos, I don't think AMN is the answer.
He may not be, but I'm glad he's at least backing himself to find out. While I agree that his 1v1 defending translates well to RB, I think he's got a higher ceiling as a CM than he does as a full-back, so I don't really agree with people's assertions that his future is at full-back. I'd go as far as to say he never should have played there IMO and it's definitely derailed what could have been (albeit still might be) a promising midfield career. But it's whatever. I just want him to get a good move so he can finally get more opportunities at CM.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Because he isn't that good there. He knows it, but seemingly everyone seems determined to force him there.
He should have the insight to realise he is not that good in CM also then?

He may be able to do a job on the wing. He can do a job at full back or in CM. He is a bang average utility man
CM best he is flamini/Coquelin level i would say he is not that good though tbh.
Did he not get his England call mainly on his full back play/versatility.
The guy will never get an international call up as a midfielder.

Did fat sam after playing in midfield not suggest he should go back to Arsenal and play where asked?

Just because he thinks he is a CM doesnt make it so.

If he wants to play there & is 100% sure that is his position good luck to the kid. If it doesnt work out in the prem he can drop down to the championship.
While they admired his energy most WBA fans didnt think he was a prem level midfielder.

He is not a good passer of the ball and doesnt offer a goal threat like say willock. I am not sure what he offers as a midfielder apart from 'legs'.
Maybe im being hard on him? He can probably forge out a decent enough career like Kieron Gibbs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom