• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trill

Not Trilly
I really would like to see him with us for at least one more season in midfield. He had some nice passes against Hibernian.

Surely he's better than Elneny?!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
On his day, AMN puts up like a 60m player, on the other odd day, it's rather 15-20m.

Sometimes you pay up for age and what "he could be", at other times and when it's become too late, pretty much no one fully trusts AMN to ever put his foot on the gas for good.
Then, 15m is pretty spot on.

One might feel he could still push it, but I am feeling less and less confident, needs the perfect coach and environment. Probably a Klopp guy.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Think we should never compare players with Elneny from now on. Everybody is better than him and I would rather start the season with Azeez and Patino
What an absolutely ridiculous comment. There is absolutely no evidence of any sort to say that Azeez and Patino are anywhere even close to the standard of Elneny at this moment in time.

No doubt that Elneny is a very frustrating and limited player but he is at least a proven mediocre performer at Premier League and International level. Neither Azeez or Patino have played a single minute at that kind of level yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Elneny staying because he fellow what Arteta want him to do and he accept his role as 4th choice midfielder we can't afford to buy 3 CM's in one window Elneny likely will be gone next summer i don't rule out he gone this window. Patino is just too young no top level experience and Azeez will likely be sent on loan to championship or league 1 to develop further

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What an absolutely ridiculous comment. There is absolutely no evidence of any sort to say that Azeez and Patino are anywhere even close to the standard of Elneny at this moment in time.
Yeah, had the same discussions before on Saka and ESR before they've joined the first team... People like you are quite later on once they realise they have no clue

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Elneny staying because he fellow what Arteta want him to do and he accept his role as 4th choice midfielder we can't afford to buy 3 CM's in one window Elneny likely will be gone next summer i don't rule out he gone this window. Patino is just too young no top level experience and Azeez will likely be sent on loan to championship or league 1 to develop further
Likely they will go on loan, don't think Arteta is willing to use talented players at the expense of senior bums like Elneny. We are only talking here about domestic cup games and maybe some late sub's once the game is dead.
I wouldn't expect Elneny nor the kids to start in the PL for sure

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah, had the same discussions before on Saka and ESR before they've joined the first team... People like you are quite later on once they realise they have no clue
I have high hopes for Azeez and Patino and hope they go on to be far superior players to Elneny. I also hope they do get a few minutes this year but at this moment in time they are kids with everything to prove.

For every Saka and ESR there is an Emmanual-Thomas, Merida, Nketiah, Silva, Nelson, Vela, Chris Willock, Lupoli etc. How many promising youngsters break through at top clubs, 1 or 2 out of 10 maybe. Saka and ESR are the exception not the rule.

As the old saying goes, one in the hand is worth two in the bush. Elneny has at least proven that he can withstand the physical rigours or the Premier League, has elite stamina and rarely make mistakes. I hope he doesn't start anywhere near as much as he did last season but he is a good pro and I don't recall him having a 2 or 3 out of 10 performance in all of his time here.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think we should never compare players with Elneny from now on. Everybody is better than him and I would rather start the season with Azeez and Patino
We could just try to sell him and sign someone but what do I know. He's humble and does the uber basics so managers love him, while we all can't wait till he leaves. We'll just have to firm it, he's not a bad guy and at least he isn't terrible.

As much as I would like to see Azeez and Patino too, it's still quite early for them anyway. Azeez is probably a bit more ready but I'd like to see him go on loan because Arteta will not play him under any circumstance next season, of that I'm quite certain. Think we'll actually see very, very few minutes for youngsters - if any.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
1627393049732.png

I'm sorry, but literally ANYTHING is better than this.

Even Bellerin is livid because he knows what's about to happen.

Elneny is a humble man and I have no quarrel with him in regards to that, but we witnessed the above for far too long and would've literaly gotten more out of our midfield with AMN at any time, regardless of how non-challant he can be at times.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As much as I would like to see Azeez and Patino too, it's still quite early for them anyway. Azeez is probably a bit more ready but I'd like to see him go on loan because Arteta will not play him under any circumstance next season, of that I'm quite certain. Think we'll actually see very, very few minutes for youngsters - if any.
I honestly believe Azeez is ready for a mix of u23 and cup games plus some garbage time minutes in the PL that we would give to Elneny and Cedric otherwise. He should go on loan in January when things get rough and he won't get chances in the later stage of the FA cup. For Patino, he needs to really dominate u23 this season so we are looking at next season for him, even though I wouldn't mind seeing him last 20 minutes or so in the cup games.

I may be wrong on this (wouldn't be the first time), but what's the worse that can happen if he doesn't impress?

Saying that, Balogun barely got any minutes so while Arteta is here these kids will need to be 25 years old to get some minutes

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
View attachment 3793

Elneny is a humble man and I have no quarrel with him in regards to that, but we witnessed the above for far too long and would've literaly gotten more out of our midfield with AMN at any time, regardless of how non-challant he can be at times.
This is amazing really, you would expect more from a Sunday league player. How did he even spot a back pass there, it's easier to pass it forward :lol:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
View attachment 3793

Iconic moment.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This is amazing really, you would expect more from a Sunday league player. How did he even spot a back pass there, it's easier to pass it forward :lol:

For crying out loud, mate. If he opened his body up he could've passed it with his good foot.

FFS the more you look at it worse it gets. Take a touch with your left, ESR draws the CB run and he squares it to Laca.

Shadow boxing here.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Ox mentioned earlier as someone who 'couldnt find a position'. He has been unlucky with injuries at Liverpool but imho has lots more ability than AMN.

Many footballers would prefer to play in the middle of the park that is just a fact.
Can AMN play there yes.
Does he have the skillset/attributes to be top level?
Well 2 managers here in Emery & Arteta dont seem to think so.

He is still young so can develop. Perhaps he shows elsewhere he can be a midfielder.
Maybe he is more lower prem/Championship level?

Perhaps he has a 2 or 3 good seasons elsewhere and by his mid 20s is a top midfielder.
Id love him to make it here but just dont see it as a midfielder.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For every Saka and ESR there is an Emmanual-Thomas, Merida, Nketiah, Silva, Nelson, Vela, Chris Willock, Lupoli etc. How many promising youngsters break through at top clubs, 1 or 2 out of 10 maybe. Saka and ESR are the exception not the rule.
There really isn't. Lupoli was never rated by the club, he only bumped stats, JET was OK but clearly nobody ever bothered giving him a chance as even in u23s you could see that his game is just not for bigger things, it was all about abusing weaker players in u23. Vela had a great career so have no idea what's that about, Merida was a youtube hype and was only OK for u23.
For people who actually follow (not always possible), it was more clear who can make it and who can't. I followed u23 for the past 20 years, at times more than the first team but less recently, and the last couple of groups were by far the best we've had, nothing comes close to that.

Most of the hype comes from people who barely take a look at youth and then suddenly they see Zelalem or Jeff and they make a hype out of it. I was saying at the time that both had no chance at Arsenal, but Olsson was a much bigger talent and nobody at the club bothered with integrating him.

Saka and ESR are no exception anymore, there is enough talent, we don't have a manager to work with them.
You have no idea how easily Saka could've ended up like Nelson and that works both ways. He was just lucky that Emery was willing to give him minutes and then the LB position opened up, but at the time people were still debating with me that he is too young and our kids are only hype, which is the point of our discussion

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Brighton? Being in the US, I always picture Maimi when Brits mention the South Coast. Guessing that I'm long ways off

Brighton is a beautiful place to live. Has a warm community feel, gorgeous Artisnal cafes and restaurants, good nightlife, friendly, and homey, with the lovely Sussex countryside on your doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom