• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
There really isn't. Lupoli was never rated by the club, he only bumped stats, JET was OK but clearly nobody ever bothered giving him a chance as even in u23s you could see that his game is just not for bigger things, it was all about abusing weaker players in u23. Vela had a great career so have no idea what's that about, Merida was a youtube hype and was only OK for u23.
For people who actually follow (not always possible), it was more clear who can make it and who can't. I followed u23 for the past 20 years, at times more than the first team but less recently, and the last couple of groups were by far the best we've had, nothing comes close to that.

Most of the hype comes from people who barely take a look at youth and then suddenly they see Zelalem or Jeff and they make a hype out of it. I was saying at the time that both had no chance at Arsenal, but Olsson was a much bigger talent and nobody at the club bothered with integrating him.

Saka and ESR are no exception anymore, there is enough talent, we don't have a manager to work with them.
You have no idea how easily Saka could've ended up like Nelson and that works both ways. He was just lucky that Emery was willing to give him minutes and then the LB position opened up, but at the time people were still debating with me that he is too young and our kids are only hype, which is the point of our discussion
So if Saka and ESR aren't the exception to the rule why aren't the top 6 full of youth players, far more fail than ever make it.

Man City have Foden, Man Utd have Greenwood, Rashford and McTomminay, Chelsea have James, Mount and Abraham, Liverpool have TAA, Sp**s have no youngsters who play a decent amount of minutes for the first team.

I think it is extremely difficult for players to break through at big clubs, it takes a perfect storm of talent, physical and mental attributes. Many youth players have 1 or 2 out of 3 but not many have all of them. Nelson is a prefect example, he has the talent and the physical attributes but seriously seems to lack confidence and belief to make it a top club in my opinion.

If you think that Patino and Azeez can come into the team and make a significant contribution this season and be amongst our best players like Saka and ESR then I hope you right and I am wrong. It would be a beautiful thing to witness, I have loved watching Saka and ESR's meteoric rise.

Trill

Not Trilly
Think we should never compare players with Elneny from now on. Everybody is better than him and I would rather start the season with Azeez and Patino
Well if he's better than Elneners (and I doubt Azeez and Patino are ready) shouldn't we keep him? It's not like we have centre mids falling out our arse

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Well if he's better than Elneners (and I doubt Azeez and Patino are ready) shouldn't we keep him? It's not like we have centre mids falling out our arse
Ready in what way? Physically I think he should be fine for cup games and being a sub in some PL games, technically he is gifted so that shouldn't be an issue, and he already has a better football brain than Elneny will ever have.

Going back to the topic, I'm happy that we are looking to sell AMN as he didn't develop as expected. I still do see this as a huge academy success as we will earn money and the guy did cover for the RB spot for some games.

The trouble I have is that we've played some of the worst CM's in the PL and never bothered giving AMN a run there.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have high hopes for Azeez and Patino and hope they go on to be far superior players to Elneny. I also hope they do get a few minutes this year but at this moment in time they are kids with everything to prove.

For every Saka and ESR there is an Emmanual-Thomas, Merida, Nketiah, Silva, Nelson, Vela, Chris Willock, Lupoli etc. How many promising youngsters break through at top clubs, 1 or 2 out of 10 maybe. Saka and ESR are the exception not the rule.

As the old saying goes, one in the hand is worth two in the bush. Elneny has at least proven that he can withstand the physical rigours or the Premier League, has elite stamina and rarely make mistakes. I hope he doesn't start anywhere near as much as he did last season but he is a good pro and I don't recall him having a 2 or 3 out of 10 performance in all of his time here.
Put Vela on that list? Are you on drugs?
He was, and always has been an amazing player.

Trill

Not Trilly
Ready in what way? Physically I think he should be fine for cup games and being a sub in some PL games, technically he is gifted so that shouldn't be an issue, and he already has a better football brain than Elneny will ever have.

Going back to the topic, I'm happy that we are looking to sell AMN as he didn't develop as expected. I still do see this as a huge academy success as we will earn money and the guy did cover for the RB spot for some games.

The trouble I have is that we've played some of the worst CM's in the PL and never bothered giving AMN a run there.

I've not seen much of Azeez (has he even made his debut?) so naturally I'm not sold on replacing AMN with him. 17 is way too young.

The thing that get's on my tits is we tried AMN in midfield once in a europa game a few seasons ago. Alright he wasn't ready at that point but we've never given him a solitary chance since. We shunt him to RB which he did for us for a while even though he doesn't see himself as a fullback, and then we toss him in at leftback and he plays terribly (big surprise) for one game completely out of position and is suddenly frozen out of the team.

He deserved more chances than he's had. He can't be that pony in training can he?

Bloody hell after all the games Eddie's had up front you think we could have tried Ainsley in midfield a few times!

TornadoTed

Established Member
Put Vela on that list? Are you on drugs?
He was, and always has been an amazing player.
To be fair I meant that he didn't succeed here, he had a decent career after he left. No doubt he was a classy footballer, but despite putting up decent numbers for Sociadad there was never any danger of him going to one of the big European sides.

Trill

Not Trilly
Azeez is 19 in September

Well that's a bit better I suppose. AMN still has far more experience at the top level. All I'm saying is I think he can still be a serviceable option.

Also if he has assurances that he'll get minutes in midfield he'd probably be more than willing to fill in at RB when need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom