• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we got a good amount I’m not against his sale. I doubt we will get that in January though.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i love how he always plays like he is bored of playing in boring game...and yet keeps playing under every manager.... He saw Molde and was like, you guys got me out of bed for these farmers? but still did the job and thats what he keeps doing.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

£15m

absolute scenes on Arsenal mania if we sold him for that and then he made his debut for England and played every week at Wolves. Thank f*ck we didn’t do it.

And he can still play 3 other positions on the pitch.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

i love how he always plays like he is bored of playing in boring game...and yet keeps playing under every manager.... He saw Molde and was like, you guys got me out of bed for these farmers? but still did the job and thats what he keeps doing.
I think languid footballers like this will always come into criticism from fans.

We've seen it with Özil and Pepe where they are exerting themselves and cover the same distance as everyone else but they don't pass the eye test for body language experts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think languid footballers like this will always come into criticism from fans.

We've seen it with Özil and Pepe where they are exerting themselves and cover the same distance as everyone else but they don't pass the eye test for body language experts.

I think he did a job and don't blame him for being frustrated, he was on the verge of a move to Wolves and we squashed it for seemingly no reason now.

Damned if we do damned if we don't though. If we allowed him to move for £15M then the pitchfork crew would've been out in force.

I don't dislike AMN, but I don't think he'll ever be a top top player. Reminds me of Ox in a lot of ways. Wants to play centrally, getting played at full back a lot. Excellent athlete, bit like Ox, obviously a much better injury record. But I seriously doubt his ability on the ball.

I am very 50/50 with him, but ultimately he doesn't have a starting spot here. And if he does want to leave then he should be let go.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Damned if we do damned if we don't though. If we allowed him to move for £15M then the pitchfork crew would've been out in force.

I don't dislike AMN, but I don't think he'll ever be a top top player. Reminds me of Ox in a lot of ways. Wants to play centrally, getting played at full back a lot. Excellent athlete, bit like Ox, obviously a much better injury record. But I seriously doubt his ability on the ball.

I am very 50/50 with him, but ultimately he doesn't have a starting spot here. And if he does want to leave then he should be let go.
I didn't agree with selling him for 15m as per my previous posts.

I wouldn't be against his sale though, but has to be for a better price, we got lowballed. I see him going in summer instead - unless we face mass injuries and he gets an extended run in the side and becomes key.

His end product is lacking but I don't think he is nearly as bad on the ball as you make out. He rarely loses it when he's on it for example.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah I’m not having this laid back criticism. He regularly ranks among highest for sprints, tackles and distance per 90 when he starts. So this is about perception.

If he was pointing, shouting and clapping like Xhaka people would think he’s working harder. If he reacted with self anger and frustration whenever he lost the ball, despite losing it fewer than others people will accept him more.

The guy rarely shows his emotions for better or worse and people who can’t understand that translate it into laid backness. It’s not.

Let’s start finding real reasons to critique players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nah I’m not having this laid back criticism. He regularly ranks among highest for sprints, tackles and distance per 90 when he starts. So this is about perception.

If he was pointing, shouting and clapping like Xhaka people would think he’s working harder. If he reacted with self anger and frustration whenever he lost the ball, despite losing it fewer than others people will accept him more.

The guy rarely shows his emotions for better or worse and people who can’t understand that translate it into laid backness. It’s not.

Laid back doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. He's an athletic footballer who does work quite hard. But when he's on the ball its very slow and almost dithery at times. In the final third he's also pretty useless.

It also isn't about a lack of emotion on the pitch, he just always looks very meh but thats his style of play on the whole. Bit like Özil, its a lack of aggression for me mainly.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I like AMN feel like he could be our James Milner jack of all trades type. His focus can be an issue sometimes but he's a solid player.

If Arteta doesn't give him more PL minutes we should just sell him though, would be a solid PL player.
Get what you’re trying to say but for AMN to get anywhere near James Milner level he's going to have to go up 3 or 4 levels this season to have a chance.

I was desperate for him not to be sold in the summer but don’t think he’s shown enough to warrant keeping him if a decent offer comes in.
Obviously he hasn’t featured that much but maybe thats a sign he isn’t pushing hard enough to warrant a starting place. or maybe not. Hard to say really.

20mil offer comes in January in a covid market, stay or go?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Laid back doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. He's an athletic footballer who does work quite hard. But when he's on the ball its very slow and almost dithery at times. In the final third he's also pretty useless.

It also isn't about a lack of emotion on the pitch, he just always looks very meh but thats his style of play on the whole. Bit like Özil, its a lack of aggression for me mainly.

So basically he needs to release the ball quicker and improve his end product in the final third? These are valid criticisms.

A lot of what I'm reading and hearing though is that he looks like he can't be bothered, and I'd challenge that.

He did an interview recently when he admitted he was having difficulty trying to memorise 2 or 3 different positions on the pitch. Exacerbated by playing with different players every time he's on the pitch.

In a system reliant on positional play, you need to know where your team mates are going to be with and without the ball at all times to be able to build up relationships on the pitch.

He can do more though, and I get that much of the frustration lies in knowing what he's capable of.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Obviously he hasn’t featured that much but maybe thats a sign he isn’t pushing hard enough to warrant a starting place. or maybe not. Hard to say really.
He doesn't get ahead of Bellerin at the moment (for me anyways)
He doesn't get ahead of Tierney or Saka if they play LWB

Does he get next to Partey? He hasn't shown enough there. I don't think it's necessarily his fault at the moment but we probably should sell I guess.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Get what you’re trying to say but for AMN to get anywhere near James Milner level he's going to have to go up 3 or 4 levels this season to have a chance.

I was desperate for him not to be sold in the summer but don’t think he’s shown enough to warrant keeping him if a decent offer comes in.

20mil offer comes in January in a covid market, stay or go?

Definitely take it. The signing of Cedric was dependent on us selling one of AMN or Bellerin imo. Sell and bring in an attacking player.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He doesn't get ahead of Bellerin at the moment (for me anyways)
He doesn't get ahead of Tierney or Saka if they play LWB

Does he get next to Partey? He hasn't shown enough there. I don't think it's necessarily his fault at the moment but we probably should sell I guess.
This is it unfortunately, never really looked good enough when he’s played there (not many times I know but still..) add in the fact that no manager really wants to give him a proper go in the middle.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As much as I agree. I think there is a clear difference in his body language when he has dead time compared to when he has no time to think.

As soon as he moved into midfield, his body language completely changed. He closed down quicker, he moved quicker off the ball and also got frustrated when he didn't get the ball. He needs an opportunity.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think AMN deserves more starts in the PL and he should be sold if he's not getting minutes. However, I would annoyed if we sold him for £20 million. England national, 23 years old, can play multiple positions, CL and EL experiences, close to 100 appearances for Arsenal and some people would settle for £20 million, really, even in a Covid economy that is way too small. I want money but I don't like being robbed. Wait until the market goes back to normal and then make a decision.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
this is Arsenal.. we need to keep hold of our arrogant players, the ones with swagger and with attitude. AMN .. no one knows his ceiling.. and you know he never is fazed.. keep him

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He did an interview recently when he admitted he was having difficulty trying to memorise 2 or 3 different positions on the pitch. Exacerbated by playing with different players every time he's on the pitch.
What he describes as frustrating is basically the lot of a bench player without a fixed starting position in a team that doesn't rotate much. Seems like he wants a starting place in the Burnley squad... This is not realistic at Arsenal at the moment.

Really hope he knuckles down and works hard in both training and games. He has the tools to be a solid PL starter but actually think he seems best suited for defence. He is quick and strong one on one. If his heart is in it few players could get past him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom