• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well I saw that he isn't serious for a long time now. We should have sold him in the summer but I guess Arteta expected him to change. Now we'll be lucky to get 10 mil for him
Yeah i wanted him out in the summer as well. He just seem to have a careless attitude. too cool to be bothered i guess

Iceman10

Established Member
Disagree, I still don't think full back is for him, will never reach his potential there. I think his best bet is to leave and go to a team that will actually play him CM.

Makes zero sense to me that he can’t at least get some minutes from Elneny. When some here at A-M say Arteta is a chequebook manager, that might be a bit harsh in some aspects but he definitely does not get the most out of the assets he has, unlike someone like Klopp.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Makes zero sense to me that he can’t at least get some minutes from Elneny. When some here at A-M say Arteta is a chequebook manager, that might be a bit harsh in some aspects but he definitely does not get the most out of the assets he has, unlike someone like Klopp.

Destroyed the guy’s confidence.

MoTM in the cup final and community shield, called up to the England squad, bossed it in midfield in Europa league but dropped from PL squad and only drafted in when there’s a suspension or injury at RB/LB.

Elneny’s contract expires at the end of the season, Guendouzi and Torreira banished on loans, Ceballos will go back to Madrid and Xhaka’s a ticking time bomb.

Arteta’s rigid use of lamp posts in central midfield has been an utter **** show

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
In which universe is a current England International worth 10M? Anything less than 30M and they can fcuk right off.
And they will happily **** off and buy a better player. You tell me which club is spending 30 mil on AMN? Lol. We'll end up letting him go for free if that's the asking price.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Feel for the guy, he wanted to leave to play more & cement his place for England, but Arteta probably told his some BS that he needed him and look what happened.

Never trust Bad Vibes Mik.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You feel that the 15m Wolves offered was not really his value, but I wish we'd at least try to use him instead of Elneny in games like today since we've kept him.

Still probably worth the odd 20 million, we need to start cashing in a promoting players to him and Eddie's spot.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Have to laugh at some of the "attitude" comments. We all loved his attitude when he was swaggering up to stroke those pens away against Liverpool earlier in the season.

Really don't know why he's not been given a chance in the middle of the park, really frustrating. Would love to see how he and Partey would work together.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Destroyed the guy’s confidence.

MoTM in the cup final and community shield, called up to the England squad, bossed it in midfield in Europa league but dropped from PL squad and only drafted in when there’s a suspension or injury at RB/LB.

Elneny’s contract expires at the end of the season, Guendouzi and Torreira banished on loans, Ceballos will go back to Madrid and Xhaka’s a ticking time bomb.

Arteta’s rigid use of lamp posts in central midfield has been an utter **** show
Top post. Sorry to break it to you though, Elneny has another year left. Man is a beep test player and we'll have the fan base screaming for a renewal next time he's pressing in injury time. Fact is, he's utter useless and Ainsley should've started in midfield today. We'll end up selling him and it will be unjust.

Iceman10

Established Member
You feel that the 15m Wolves offered was not really his value, but I wish we'd at least try to use him instead of Elneny in games like today since we've kept him.

Still probably worth the odd 20 million, we need to start cashing in a promoting players to him and Eddie's spot.

If he had a run of games in CM, coupled with being an England international (and HG), it is quite likely we would rebuild his asset value fast to 30m+. It’s not a high bar in my view for him to equal or better what Elneny does in there. This is also why I am wary of him going cut price to another club also because they could end up being the ones to cash in more than us with a short-term offloading effort for 15m or less.

It is also a ridiculous situation with AMN and not getting a chance in CM taking into account Ceballos’ loan will be up at the end of the season and Torreira and Guendouzi likely will be sold cut price as depreciated assets, while Willock still has a lot to go development-wise. It is not wrong I think to say we really need one CAM/AM and two CM’s (pivot) by end of the summer. One of those two CM’s could be Ainsley if we tried instead of spending 30m+ for one of those two CM (pivot) signings. In that case we would be pretty much done with someone like Bissouma and someone for Ødegaard (or Ødegaard) rather than another 30m+ also on a replacement for Ceballos (or Ceballos).

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
His stats suggest he can’t play in midfield. He gives the ball away a lot more than El Neny, and in midfield you need a high pass accuracy. You saw how El Neny cost us today. AMN would’ve done worse. Especially considering Southampton’s high press.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he had a run of games in CM, coupled with being an England international (and HG), it is quite likely we would rebuild his asset value fast to 30m+. It’s not a high bar in my view for him to equal or better what Elneny does in there. This is also why I am wary of him going cut price to another club also because they could end up being the ones to cash in more than us with a short-term offloading effort for 15m or less.

It is also a ridiculous situation with AMN and not getting a chance in CM taking into account Ceballos’ loan will be up at the end of the season and Torreira and Guendouzi likely will be sold cut price as depreciated assets, while Willock still has a lot to go development-wise. It is not wrong I think to say we really need one CAM/AM and two CM’s (pivot) by end of the summer. One of those two CM’s could be Ainsley if we tried instead of spending 30m+ for one of those two CM (pivot) signings. In that case we would be pretty much done with someone like Bissouma and someone for Ødegaard (or Ødegaard) rather than another 30m+ also on a replacement for Ceballos (or Ceballos).

Nailed it..

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Feel for the guy, he wanted to leave to play more & cement his place for England, but Arteta probably told his some BS that he needed him and look what happened.

Never trust Bad Vibes Mik.
He’s telling guys we’re gonna win CL these players should never listen to him :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
10m for his passport, 5m for his actual value.
AMN is shxt. Has been saying this for years. Nowhere near the technical level required for any position on the pitch.

Peterq

His stats suggest he can’t play in midfield. He gives the ball away a lot more than El Neny, and in midfield you need a high pass accuracy. You saw how El Neny cost us today. AMN would’ve done worse. Especially considering Southampton’s high press.
He hit rock bottom of passing stats. This is what people don't see even younger and less experience Joe Willock have better stats. He need to go, put out of his comfort zone. Maybe work with coaches like Moyes would wake him up. There is potential but right now his attitude is working against him. Playing problematic and underperforming player just to make more profit is not good message for the rest team.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's played under three managers and only a couple of times he's been played in midfield. Under those 3 managers, he was mostly played in LB.

He's not ****, but the sad truth is that he's not good enough to play in RB or in midfield for a club fighting to break into the top four and the problem is that bar his performance in the FA cup run last season, he's been average in LB.

I'm fairly certain that those calling for him to start are those that will be the first to turn on him.

Last edited:

Pop Tart

Established Member
I'm fairly certain that those calling for him to start are those that will be the first to turn on him.
The few starts he had earlier in the season fans were slaughtering him,saying he does not look bothered. But the same fans ware clamouring for him to take hector spot out xhaka etc.

Contradiction much?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There nothing with AMN attitude he always accept to play where he asked at. This season whenever he been playing he was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom