<

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

2. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

So our man Ainsley got his first England game, coming in at 86 minutes.

Defended one situation for a goal kick and was part of one good attack. Didn't see him make mistakes.

Hope he can see himself as a RB/RWB now. Although not easy to get game time over TAA.

krackpot likes this.
  3. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Should just take trippiers spot.

Macho likes this.
  4. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

good cameo.

Hope it encourages him to get forward more often

5. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Was sort of invisible today I felt, maybe his other latest more all action performances are more eye catching.

Not saying it was a bad thing, especially Defensively.

Trilly likes this.
  6. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Bit sloppy today, poor back pass near the beginning. He also lost the ball with a few stray passes, although on one occasion he did fight and won it back. If he stays fine, if we sell for £25m and get Aouar or Partey so much the better.

7. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

He has much more than this in his locker. He's got to push on

8. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

When you have tierney behind you doing 9/10 every week you are always going to look ok.

9. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Has to shape up a bit more in these kind of games. Can't coast any time. He was alright, but given the standard he's set against the better opponents, he can't afford to rest on his laurels - especially as it seems we've fought to keep him.

Gooner416 likes this.
  10. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Easily the most overrated player on this forum from what I've seen in my time here.

Good player but people project qualities on the ball onto him that he actually doesn't have because of his past as a midfielder and attacking player (much like people used to do with Bellerín, saying we should convert him to winger when he would put in a poor defensive performance; Bellerín would be a league one quality winger).

Definitely should capitalise on his call-up to England and cash in on him to upgrade in positions of need. He's a better defender than Bellerín but worse in possession and going forward, it's really much of muchness between the two except that Bellerín accepts his position is full back and doesn't seem to have as much market value, so AMN should be sold. Bellerín also if he recovers his previous athleticism is probably just a better player period, but that's a big if (did look significantly more athletic today than I remembered from last season).

Trilly likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I feel today when we attack and switch to 433 he didn't add so much in midfield he clearly better as RWB.

12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Thought he had a quiet game but did a job after his early gaff. My heart wants him to stay and do well.

13. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Very subpar today. But he still put in great effort

14. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Good run leading to Auba's goal to take away defenders with him. He makes those runs time and again. It can't be a coincidence.

Pyres7 likes this.
  15. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Quiet game, but he's earned it! The Fulham right hand side didn't get much joy, so AMN didn't do much wrong.

16. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Tariq Lamptey is a good example of someone who could give some perspective about AMN. He's like a reverse of Maitland-Niles, technically very astute and very good in possession and going forward, defensively because of his size and lack of robustness probably a major downgrade on AMN. All in all you have a similar level of talent.

Talents like AMN simply aren't as rare as people on this forum make out. There are more Lampteys on the Chelsea production line (Valentino Livramento looks very promising at RB) and on other teams. Don't get caught up in a talent like AMN that is nothing special and who will be replaced by other bigger talents in the English production line in the coming years.

17. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

Thought we had an update, thanks for nothing

18. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

It's called analysis. Why don't you try offering some once in a while instead of scrounging around for likes like the broke boy you are.

Gooner416 likes this.
  19. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

But this thread is related to transfer rumors not analysis. When a transfer rumor is not talked about for over 5 hours, the recent post should be a link regarding an update

HairSprayGooners and drippin like this.
  20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia