• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
0_GettyImages-1263242295.jpg

roz

Fake News Merchant
Want him to stay & for me is 1st choice RB going into the new season, will he be content with that though? Seen very little to suggest he has any sort of future in midfield at a top half side.

Did I mention how much Im loving these new threads? Sizzling.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really sad he is going. I really envisioned that he would play midfield for us for a long time with a handful of other Hale End players like Class of 92.

Hopefully he succeeds at Wolves.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Really sad he is going. I really envisioned that he would play midfield for us for a long time with a handful of other Hale End players like Class of 92.

Hopefully he succeeds at Wolves.

If Maitland Niles can't break into our midfield under 3 managers despite our midfield not being stacked with talent then you know that he's not a midfielder.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That he is a midfielder? I think he was going the right way in MF and RB/RWF tbh.I think the penny had half dropped and now he's gone.
He didn't have any currency as a starter even after his good performances. Bellerin was always gonna be the main man at RB, and the position he really wanted to play (CM) is the position where he wasn't trusted. I don't like it - I'd have given him game time there if it was up to me - but that's the biggest reason I can see that he's leaving, on top of the fact that he isn't even a starter in the position that everyone actually want shim to play.

From my perspective, I always saw him as a midfielder, that's where I saw the most potential in him which is why it annoyed me that he was never given a fair shake at a role there. But he's going so I can't even sweat it too much, there'll be others. Still, will be good to see how he does at Wolves, especially considering they don't have a huge squad so he'll definitely get minutes in midfield, and possibly LWB aswell because I just read that Jonny done his ACL!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I just hope Arteta whispers in his ear that the door will slways be open once we've had time to move the deadwood on. If AMN makes it, I want him back like Pogba-but better. Good luck to him. He's the first brit youth I'm sad to be losing :(

Pyres7

If Maitland Niles can't break into our midfield under 3 managers despite our midfield not being stacked with talent then you know that he's not a midfielder.
In interviews he always calls himself a midfielder or winger. Not sure if he's really comfortable as a defender even though he doesn't complain when he's played there.

I think he could become a top full back if he set his mind to it, but you can't force a position on someone if their hearts aren't in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom