• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can rotate between Fernandinho, rodri and gundegon. We have bloody el neny to rotate with. City has by far the best squad
Did you read my post and think I was saying that I think our squad or midfield is as good as Man City's?

The conversation about AMN is about rebuilding our midfield for next season, and I think we should keep AMN and sell Elneny.

A midfield of Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, and AMN is not as good as City's, but it does have a level of quality that should allow us to rotate our players without a significant drop in form.

Kav

Established Member
He was quite good today. Roamed the entire midfield. Pressed high. Came deep to clear some shots and made some good passes and interceptions and tackles. All action today in particular the second half.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope Arteta gives him a chance as a CM option if he continues to improve at West Brom. We will be losing Ceballos and probably Guendouzi too. We need 2 CM's. Hopefully that can be AMN and a new signing.

blrgooner

Established Member
Selling El Neny and keeping AMN seems like a plan which wouldn`t work well to me. AMN is a far better player than Elneny but his traits would be totally wasted if he plays the El Neny role. He would be mostly a covering midfielder without much of independence to run into space. In the current Arteta system, we have replace midfield runners with wingbacks. The two central midfielders are usually behind the play and are covering space or marking players.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Seems pretty obvious to let the Ceballos loan end and try and see if anyone wants Elneny with 2 ready made replacements in Willock and AMN to come back. Partey, Xhaka, AMN and Willock looks just as good as we currently have but with much more potential.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He was quite good today. Roamed the entire midfield. Pressed high. Came deep to clear some shots and made some good passes and interceptions and tackles. All action today in particular the second half.
Glad to hear. Hope he does well, would mean we don't have to sell and can use him as a squad option for CDM/CM. I've kind of written him off, to be honest, but if he continues to do well (which I hope) that would be great for us.

Would mean we can put our focus elsewhere.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Players adapt. He's probably played more senior football for us at RB than anywhere else at this point lol. If it's a dead end it will be because he didn't want to put the hard work in for.

imo he should be pragmatic and take the only opportunity on offer. Nobody at City predicted Zinchenko would become the kind of FB he is. Injuries and Dani Alves not joining created opportunities for him. I had hoped this summer something similar would happen with Bellerin leaving and AMN profiting. Instead he wants to keep indulging MF fantasies.
maybe he would be more open to it as well if challenging at the top like City

at our level its a reach taking the financial hit & playing in a position you dont like... in his time here some average **** has been playing in midfield

makes sense to make a move, get a nice fresh contract & be a PL CM

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Made some really good tackles as well.

He really has good defensive positioning in there and stopped a few of their players when they had good chances.

Reactions: Kav

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hate to say it but apart from Partey that's bottom of the barrel stuff.
It's better than we currently have though and we're not anywhere near the top of the barrel anyway.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did you read my post and think I was saying that I think our squad or midfield is as good as Man City's?

The conversation about AMN is about rebuilding our midfield for next season, Aand I think we should keep AMN and sell Elneny.

A midfield of Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, and AMN is not as good as City's, but it does have a level of quality that should allow us to rotate our players without a significant drop in form.
Amn is trash. Guy had shaky passing as a rib messing 10 yard passes and people want him out n midfield lol. He suits sams team because they bypass the midfield usually

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't get this point. He was a better RB than Cedric or Bellerin when he played there.
Not really IMO. He put up very good defensive stats and did a good job marking wingers but he's never been comfortable there. Everyone hates Bellerin but he's still mostly been the best RB at the club, and while he's dipped, that doesn't mean that AMN should be his replacement - especially when it's been clear for a long time he not only doesn't want to be but he's clearly better off fulfilling his potential in his actual position. Not everybody needs to change their position - AMN is one of those people.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Not really IMO. He put up very good defensive stats and did a good job marking wingers but he's never been comfortable there. Everyone hates Bellerin but he's still mostly been the best RB at the club, and while he's dipped, that doesn't mean that AMN should be his replacement - especially when it's been clear for a long time he not only doesn't want to be but he's clearly better off fulfilling his potential in his actual position. Not everybody needs to change their position - AMN is one of those people.
I do agree Bellerin is underrated compared to what people say, but AMN could be a perfect backup RB, also academy home grown player.

Unless someone wants him for 30 million or so

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I do agree Bellerin is underrated compared to what people say, but AMN could be a perfect backup RB, also academy home grown player.

Unless someone wants him for 30 million or so
Nah, I vehemently disagree. He's not a RB, he's a midfielder and at this point I actually am fine if he leaves because it's clear he's not going to get those opportunities here at Arsenal and I don't like him at RB (and he doesn't like it there either) so I think we should take the money.

Iceman10

Established Member
Nah, I vehemently disagree. He's not a RB, he's a midfielder and at this point I actually am fine if he leaves because it's clear he's not going to get those opportunities here at Arsenal and I don't like him at RB (and he doesn't like it there either) so I think we should take the money.

This is a bit like @Macho comments on Pepe although I agree with a lot you say. For any player I haven’t given up on I just don’t want them leaving, as an Arsenal fan, although I sympathise with the comments. If Bellerin leaves this summer then AMN could be a bit like Lahm and Alaba, being good for full-back or CM. Buying someone like Lamptey would cost more than we get for selling Bellerin, so AMN could cover RB with Cedric as well as playing in rotation for CM. Of course this all depends on Arteta.

Bit different, but players like Wiltord always made a difference for Arsenal when it mattered even though a lot of times they were in the shadows of overall squad depth. Still, I never wanted those kind of players to leave though (AMN was important for our FAC run). I know, playing when we were winning a lot of trophies as a squaddie back in Wiltord’s time was a lot different from playing as a squaddie at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom