Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by OnlyOne, May 23, 2020.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Bella ciao.

2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

English, young, experienced. Should get a decent fee. I'd want close to 30m even if that's in installments.

3. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Shame really...would have liked him to either get a decent run of games in midfield, or for him to knuckle down and work on being our long term right back as I think he could have been significantly better than Bellerin there.

Hopefully we get a good fee for him at least.

Tourbillion likes this.
  4. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

New RB 100% coming in if this happens

5. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Big shame, and it's on him really. Poor attitude.

Hope we get at least £30m. Think of all the useless tossers Liverpool sold for around that.

6. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Knowing us we'll get £5-10m for him

7. truth_hurts

Bit like Iwobi in that he is a good player, but I feel a move is best for all parties.

Bellerin and Soares for right back and Guendouzi and Willock as back ups for cm. We won't miss AMN much and as for him playing RW? Not here.

He'd be great at a promoted team or even a Palace, Watford or Sheff United.

Seeing as it's silly season would take Zaha or Dacoure for AMN plus money.

8. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Probably end up at Watford or Bournemouth level if he wants to be a regular starting CM, could of been a good option at RB here. Ohwell, as long as we get a decent fee who cares.

9. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Sad news. Seems clear that it’s his attitude which has let him down, not his quality.

Think he could have really flourished under Arteta.

Jae, El Duderino, Gooner416 and 2 others like this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Played well at RB under Emery but Arteta doesnt rate him and he finds himself behind Chambers, Sokratis and even Bellerin in the pecking order.

American_Gooner and Tourbillion like this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Man this guy is gonna regret his reluctance to commit to being a full-back, I honestly think he has all the attributes of a pretty decent right-back in the making. He's good offensively, quick, intelligent, very good on the ball and he's a pretty good one on one defender too. I think as a midfielder he'd be mid-table level at best, and even then I'm not sure there's a lot of PL teams that he starts in midfield for, if any at all.

Wish him all the best regardless, seems like a good lad.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

30M for a player who has no position nailed down or a full season under his belt?

8-12M. If we’re lucky.

Artisan likes this.
  13. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

If we sell him THIS summer, then we won’t get much for him.

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Someone tell me how you get money for a player with NO position? and barely any consistent football under his belt.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He doesn’t want to play RB, sees himself as a CM. That could be related to his attitude.

He looks like a decent lad, could just be frustration with not being able to play where you want.

We shouldn’t label people like him a problem child. I really like him.

Impact, Troopz and Artisan like this.
  16. truth_hurts

We got 10m for Bielik after a good season in League 1 FFS

Tourbillion likes this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Sad news. I would have to give him another season under Arteta but he has had a lot of opportunities but it just hasn't worked out for him here so far.

If he gets a good opportunity to play at good club he should take it!

Best wishes!

Troopz likes this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Because he went on loan and played well all season at CB.

Niles hasn’t played regularly and doesn’t have a position where clubs can bank on him. What’s his position? He doesn’t want to play RB and can’t defend if you’re suggesting 30m.

Guys like Max Aarons who have been hyped for a few years can be bought for 20m.

19. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

One of the most talented players, yet he just doesn't seem to make the most of it.

Thought Arteta was the ideal guy for him to turn it around and even liked all his games under him, but it seems like quite the opposite now, sadly

Artisan likes this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Clubs will sign a top young RB in Aarons for 20m if they want RB. Why pay 30M for AMN :lol:?

I want Aarons. Thinking about it, we could suggest a player plus cash for Aarons. If AMN is willing to move there.

Troopz likes this.