• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He will be sold most likely. Unfortunately his loan spell was so so from what I can glean and his outspoken insistence on playing CM will not make him more attractive to buyers so the price will suffer.

Not overly impressed with him. He has all the tools to be an outstanding FB but just doesn’t want to put in the work. During games he played for us he also seemed to switch off often. Like he couldn’t be bothered when he finally got the chance to play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He doesn’t want to play fullback ( unfortunately) and he’s a **** midfielder so can’t say I’m bothered about him leaving. Biggest disaster was not cashing in on him last season for the rumoured £25M.
The rumored bid was £15m, which is probably about what we'd get for him now.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably going to be £10m + add-ons in today's market. I am sure we'd want a 20% sell-on etc

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Going by fan reports he done well for West Brom and they wished they had Jim earlier. He could do a job in midfield for a team playing a certain why and I see no reason why we couldn't get 20 to 25m for him. Young, English, versatile.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Going by fan reports he done well for West Brom and they wished they had Jim earlier. He could do a job in midfield for a team playing a certain why and I see no reason why we couldn't get 20 to 25m for him. Young, English, versatile.

Jim?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Personally I dont see us getting more than £15m for him. I would have let him go last summer for that much too. He's an ok player who thinks he's better than he is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Started off a bit choppy but he definitely added a lot of energy to their midfield. Still feel his best role is more of a screening role in the middle, similar to the way Bissouma is used at Brighton but there should be more to come from him once he gets another decent run of games. I still hold out hope he goes to Palace, I think that's a midfield that could do with his attributes 100%.

Gn1212

Judging from his various interviews and other reports. He never complained about playing full-back. He has been asked which is his preferred position and he said midfield.

From what I gather, AMN is complaining about the lack of time he was getting at Arsenal and lack of communication from management on where they stand with him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Judging from his various interviews and other reports. He never complained about playing full-back. He has been asked which is his preferred position and he said midfield.

From what I gather, AMN is complaining about the lack of time he was getting at Arsenal and lack of communication from management on where they stand with him.
That’s quite a naive look at it imo. He clearly wants to play more advanced.

Gn1212

That’s quite a naive look at it imo. He clearly wants to play more advanced.
How is it naive? He prefers in the middle of the park. It doesn't look like he ever complained about playing as a fullback.
If you ask Alaba or Kimmich they'll tell you they prefer playing in the middle of the park. Nether will complain about playing in other positions though.

He has highlighted multiple times that he has not been getting enough game time and that he has been given no explanation to why.

Do we seriously think Ainsley would have wanted to leave if he was given more games as a starting full back?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How is it naive? He prefers in the middle of the park. It doesn't look like he ever complained about playing as a fullback.
If you ask Alaba or Kimmich they'll tell you they prefer playing in the middle of the park. Nether will complain about playing in other positions though.

He has highlighted multiple times that he has not been getting enough game time and that he has been given no explanation to why.

Do we seriously think Ainsley would have wanted to leave if he was given more games as a starting full back?
He had an interview with sky sports a year ago saying he wants to play as a winger or a CM but will play where the manager wants him to play.

He responded to Arteta a bit and was happy to play wingback which gives you some attacking, and was chosen over Saka for the FA cup final. Something stopped happening though and he seemed extremely disinterested in his last outing for us which was LB.

Poor management by Edu, Arteta, and poor career management by AMN. Imo.

Gn1212

He had an interview with sky sports a year ago saying he wants to play as a winger or a CM but will play where the manager wants him to play.

He responded to Arteta a bit and was happy to play wingback which gives you some attacking, and was chosen over Saka for the FA cup final. Something stopped happening though and he seemed extremely disinterested in his last outing for us which was LB.

Poor management by Edu, Arteta, and poor career management by AMN. Imo.
Exactly, so that sounds to me like a preference not a demand. He never rejected the possibility of playing in whatever position the manager tells him to do so.

I think all parties can be held accountable as you say though.
I guess Arsenal haven't put him onto the transfer list yet until they find a RB. I think Ainsley's interview shows that he doesn't trust Edu or Arteta with his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom