<

Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by OnlyOne, May 23, 2020.

1. senna

senna Well-Known Member

Dont know about post covid world, but £25m for AMN seems a bit low given he is English, under contract for 3 more years, has player european football & by all accounts can play a few positions.

Players like Solanke got sold £20m with no appearances, Liverpool sold their third choice keeper Ward for £12m. Players like Mcburnie & Webster with no previous PL experience are going around £25m. AMN could be the best RB at the club, imo he is better than Iwobi who went for £35m, the only issue is he seems a bit of a tw*t & wants to play mid. At worst you loan him so he plays a season in the PL as a starter and move him on then for more money.

We have missed out on so much revenue by sellign poorly until recently.

2. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Unfortunately arsenal players have a reputation of having a poor attitude and hence won't fulfill their potential. Eventough Amn is more talented then most, clubs assume as he's at arsenal he won't live up to his potential.

3. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I even think it's an okay dream to have right now :)
    Not in the sense of having a full blown youth side, of course, but we are already seeing like 5 kids succeed here and there's only to come a lot more now, especially if Arteta is not backed by Kroenke.

Imagine not having that crop of talented youngsters now and the ones coming up soon after. We'd be absolutely ****ed to no end.

I know it's hard to bring that argument up when we are all screaming for some big signings, but ESR and John-Jules will hit the first team soon and I ain't seeing anyone talented enough to keep them away from a spot in the long run.

4. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

So latest stance by Arteta is that AMN has a future at the club, that he has qualities to be anything he wants, just needs to show consistency. Also that he hasn't played him as much as he would have liked but has asked him to play in different positions.

How does he get consistency if he is not trusted?

Impact and Hunta like this.
  5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Tbh there's 3 months left of the window, Arteta isn't going to come out and say no sorry he's up for sale. Same with Laca i'd assume. If a 40m offer comes in you can't really turn that down for a 29 year old with 2 years left on his deal.

Malky likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes Artera won't mind AMN staying very useful player but if AMN want to leave we won't stand his way

7. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

Replace him with Soumare....
    Our cm will be xhaka partey soumare torreira ceballos

8. SingmeasongSong

Am I right in thinking that the extend of the summer break is still to be decided ?

In normal circumstances with a real pre-season I'd have the expectation that it would massively affect our future performances and how the squad will evolve.

My personal oppinion remains that AMN might still have his moment where he explodes. He's just too damn talented not to.

9. Malky

Malky Established Member

Basically this, people take comments at face value. Arteta won't say they've no future and up for sale because that lowers the price and puts any club that's interested in control. Why is that so hard for people to understand? I'm pretty certain if we get good offers for AMN and Laca both will be sold.

10. I want to keep Ainsley more than Laca, let's hope Arteta gives this guy some more chances. Even though it isn't in his preferred position, he is putting in quality performances and is showing commitment. Selling hector makes the most sense. We keep AMN and Cedric, rotate Osei-tutu as our third string.

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Ben White swap! Yaaaaaas Queeen.

Gooner416 and American_Gooner like this.
  12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

It'll be good move for him hopefully we'll get 20M at least

13. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He's so good. Would be our most composed player.

14. OnlyOne

Honestly I like him that much I’d do a similar deal like we did with Saliba. Swap him with AMN and loan him. Wouldn’t leave us with much at CB but he’s worth it.

Also reckon between him and Saliba one would be able to play on the left side.

Ashybashy86 and SingmeasongSong like this.
  15. SingmeasongSong

There's no link to Ben White in this, but @OnlyOne managed to make this a few pages discussion about a swap deal, isn't he ? :lol:

Ashybashy86 and OnlyOne like this.
  16. SingmeasongSong

I'd day keep AMN and just buy Ben White as our big signing alongside Partey.

Would be fine with just the two - might leave problems still, but at least we'd go for topclass additions.

17. OnlyOne

Hopefully. Most of AM will say it’s a bad move because they love AMN but having Ben White & Saliba is easily 10 years of top CB’s.

SingmeasongSong and Ashybashy86 like this.
  18. SingmeasongSong

True, but there should also be money with other deals that would allow us to stretch to Partey+Ben White in cash.

Think AMN is talented enough to be 10 years at the top as well - just depends on whether Arteta can make him play like versus City on a constant basis.

AMN-Saliba-Ben White-Tierney could even be the best backline in the league in 2-3 years. Talent-wise, this is hard to beat.

OnlyOne likes this.
  19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

AMN: I want to leave Arsenal and be a midfielder.
    AMN:
    [​IMG]

tcahill, Hjalmaar, say yes and 5 others like this.
  20. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

He should leave for a German club imo. Easier to move to a big club from there if he has a successful season or two.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020