• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Clubs will sign a top young RB in Aarons for 20m if they want RB. Why pay 30M for AMN :lol:?

I want Aarons. Thinking about it, we could suggest a player plus cash for Aarons. If AMN is willing to move there.

London to Norwich? Not a chance, Norwich is grim.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Pretty disappointing actually, I've always rated him rather highly but in actual fact thinking about it, if he wanted to stay here I'd say it would more or less as a cover & utility player, he was never going to be 1st choice in any particular position & he would have had to accept that I guess. He's getting to the prime age of his career soon & if he wants to prove his worth & get a good go somewhere hes probably more likely to get it at the lower PL clubs or Championship club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Because he went on loan and played well all season at CB.

Niles hasn’t played regularly and doesn’t have a position where clubs can bank on him. What’s his position? He doesn’t want to play RB and can’t defend if you’re suggesting 30m.

Guys like Max Aarons who have been hyped for a few years can be bought for 20m.

So a player who had a good Season in league one is worth the same as a player who has already proven himself in The Championship and has looked every inch a premier League player this season?

Who told you that Aarons can be bought for 20m? Do you have the inside scoop? Also he hasn't looked particularly better than Amn.

Putting anything less then 20m as a valuation on AMN is nuts. He's a Premier League level full back and at least a Championship level cm. Oh and he's English.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Cash in on him. Sometimes things dont work out. Sometimes we need to be clever and make some money out of our youth academy as HG players are worth much more than any other players.

Saying that, I dont get how £30m is being chucked around. AMN has shown clear deficiencies to the rest of the league (albeit it being due to playing out of position). A portion of Arsenal fans probably appreciate his natural talent more so than other teams who have just seen a shakey player at RB.

I'd be extremely happy to get £20m for AMN, but it will be more like £10-15m.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This seems like a smart move a la Iwobi. He'll fetch at least £10-15m as he's got great foundational abilities (quick, technical, can play anywhere in midfield and at a push play full-back as a last resort). Realistically, we should be able to get £20m as we don't need to sell him but my guess is he might be willing to listen to offers if he gets an extended run as a starter in midfield somewhere. I reckon he'd fit in well at Palace, and I'd actually like to see him go there if he leaves as Palace is relatively local to me so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

That said, I really don't want him to leave. I think he's very talented - more than a lot of people do - and I just think this could have all been avoided if they didn't try to make him a full back. I am the opposite to many - I don't think he would have made a good right back and I was always against the move, and unfortunately what has come to pass is what I saw happening but hoped wouldn't. I do wish he was a bit more patient but I understand his growing reluctance to be shoehorned into a role he not only doesn't want but doesn't have a huge ceiling for growth either. He was never gonna go into the right back that people seemed to think he would - and the only way he would have is if he carried on playing the inverted role that Arteta adapted for him.

I truly hope he stays and somehow gets a chance in CM but otherwise, I'd rather see him leave than have to toil at RB again just because everyone wrongly thinks he should play there.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
AMN is definately not a 30m player. In no shape or form.

AMN would fetch maybe 15m. I think he would be a regular starter for a mid table team.

Hes a good utility player however you have to wonder why he hasnt been given a chance at centre midfield when our options there arent particularly great. Added to Xhaka being dropped for a while, Torrerias/Ceballos injuries and you would have to think he has some major flaw in his game for CM.

What I'm not sure because he looks composed enough, hes quick and mobile and isnt afraid to put a tackle in. I remember him playing against United one game and remember him doing quite well.

Either way it's probably best he moves on for his career.

By 21/22 and being in and around the first team 2/3 years it should be known what the next step is. And it doesnt look here.

truth_hurts

AMN is definately not a 30m player. In no shape or form.

AMN would fetch maybe 15m. I think he would be a regular starter for a mid table team.

Hes a good utility player however you have to wonder why he hasnt been given a chance at centre midfield when our options there arent particularly great. Added to Xhaka being dropped for a while, Torrerias/Ceballos injuries and you would have to think he has some major flaw in his game for CM.

What I'm not sure because he looks composed enough, hes quick and mobile and isnt afraid to put a tackle in. I remember him playing against United one game and remember him doing quite well.

Either way it's probably best he moves on for his career.

By 21/22 and being in and around the first team 2/3 years it should be known what the next step is. And it doesnt look here.

I challenge you to find an English player, under the age of 25, with around 50 top level appearances, from one of the big 6 that went for as little as 15m in the last 5 years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I challenge you to find an English player, under the age of 25, with around 50 top level appearances, from one of the big 6 that went for as little as 15m in the last 5 years.

First thing.

We arent one the the big 6. We are mid table.

Secondly AMN has been a fill in player. Not a first team regular. He has no defined position.

Thirdly the CV will affect the market. More so the likes of Bournemouth/ Brighton etc which is around his starting level.

Iwobi played much more than AMN. Has a defined position. Played international football. Wasnt great but was a decent attacking player and went for 35m in a time when money was being threw around for fun.

To think that AMN would achieve similar with less appearances, no international caps, no defined position in a time when clubs look like they are going to struggle. Not for me. 15m looks about right.

truth_hurts

First thing.

We arent one the the big 6. We are mid table.

Secondly AMN has been a fill in player. Not a first team regular. He has no defined position.

Thirdly the CV will affect the market. More so the likes of Bournemouth/ Brighton etc which is around his starting level.

Iwobi played much more than AMN. Has a defined position. Played international football. Wasnt great but was a decent attacking player and went for 35m in a time when money was being threw around for fun.

To think that AMN would achieve similar with less appearances, no international caps, no defined position in a time when clubs look like they are going to struggle. Not for me. 15m looks about right.

Somewhere between Bielik and Iwobi seems right. Agreed, COVID will affect the ability of clubs to spend. In a world where Declan Rice is being quoted at 80m, McTominay probably being valued at 60ish and even Shaun Longstaffe being a 50m player. 15m for AMN is laughable. He was a starter here beforevoicung his displeasure in playing at full back.

I still see Palace as the ideal move for him in this league. They need some young blood in their midfield.

truth_hurts

This has got Oxlade-Chamberlain written all over it.

Not really. I don't see one of the bigger teams taking a punt on Maitland-Niles. Can see him having a decent career though I.e. fringes of the England team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he got future here if he want to be RB. But if not then a move is good for him maybe he'll finally can play as his favorite position

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't believe everything about milan want our players because of Ivan media would link any player who up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom