• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon Daze

Should be Bellerin that we look to move on instead. AMN has the better potential and on current play is the better player. Factor in he is younger and more versatile and it makes a lot more sense to sell Bellerin who probably has the greater market value. Could get 30-40m for Bellerin compared to 20-30m for AMN.

Would look at replacing whichever one that leaves with Max Aarons for 20m. Make a 10-20m profit and be no worse off.
If the bin dippers end up getting Jamal Lewis for £10m, you’re getting Aarons for £20m, even though I heard Bayern were looking to sign him for less.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Sun Mark Irwin saying we'll demand 25m to sell Niles Brighton and Everton are interested

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Balogun, Guendouzi and now AMN. Freaks on here cry about almost literally any player of value we might have to sell but then turn around in the next thread and bash the club for not making money off player sales.

Gdeep was spending the earlier pages in the thread talking about how AMN isn't even worth 10mil and now he is acting like we selling the soul of the team because we bought a back up RB on a free.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

[
QUOTE="Maybe, post: 5155666, member: 98559"]The issue is that money from sales is being used for some short term fixes like Luiz, Mari, Cedric and Willian.
The idea of selling young players who won't make it here was to fund big transfers that are out of our regular budget, not to waste them on salaries and small transfers I've mentioned above.
We'll have to wait another month to see what's the actual plan, and I do hope I'm wrong about this[/QUOTE]
I dont think this is the case. Cedric and Mari would have already been accounted for as would Luiz would extended on a reduced basis.

If we take AMN as an example. If he is sold for 25m and his contract is 2m per season on our books we bank 31m this season Willian on 100k is 5.2m this season. If we move on others like Soktatis for 5m plus his wages 7.8m over his contract we bank 12.8m this season minus any amortisised value left from his transfer I.e. 2 years left approximately 7.4m.

So those transfers bank us 37.4m book value minus 5.2m for Willian in season 1. Further sales boost that amount further and the players we will be looking to sell will represent great value as Mustafis book value should be at zero, Kolasanic is at 0 as are Chambers and Holding.

I suppose this is the benefit of having football men in charge they know how to jig the books.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Balogun, Guendouzi and now AMN. Freaks on here cry about almost literally any player of value we might have to sell but then turn around in the next thread and bash the club for not making money off player sales.

Gdeep was spending the earlier pages in the thread talking about how AMN isn't even worth 10mil and now he is acting like we selling the soul of the team because we bought a back up RB on a free.
Too many fans prefer the devil they know rather than being ruthless. It's that lack of ruthlessness that means our squad cost is way below what it should be. Squad cost proponents should be for maximising value from young players who cost nothing and wanting that money reinvested. Same goes for squad players and indeed the odd key player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Selling Bellerin to play AMN at RB would be idiotic.

AMN and Saka are brilliant wing back options, not full backs. I don't particularly want AMN sold, but if he wants first team.football in midfield and wants to leave, now is the optimum time to sell. 30m for a utility player is good business. Good right backs are a dime a dozen and Bellerin and Soares is the strongest we've been since we had an in form Eboue and Sagna over a decade ago.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
AMN is gone. Had a good source tell me, doesnt fit at RB for what Arteta wants but Arteta would like to keep him as a utility player. Player doesnt want that, 30M sale imminent.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I like AMN a lot, he is a really good player but if him and Mikel have different ideas about where his futures lies then we should cash in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Every time I've heard Ainsley speak he always talks about his willingness to play anywhere as long as he's contributing to the team. Yet there's this narrative that he's constantly kicking up a fuss about wanting to play midfield. Granted there was an interview from ages ago where he said he saw himself as a midfielder but I don't think it should be constantly used to say he's unhappy as a full back or a wing back.

Also right back could be a major weakness for us next season looking at our current options. I can't see Bellerin or Cedric offering as much as AMN does offensively and Cedric especially in terms of athleticism.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I’d take less cash if we could do a swap deal for Ben White.

Brighton just bought Joel Veltman and are linked to Luca Killian who’s a talent. White could be here for a decade. Incredible player.

Best signing we could make for that position - insane foundations to work with for Arteta

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I like AMN a lot, he is a really good player but if him and Mikel have different ideas about where his futures lies then we should cash in.

Arteta seems to want to keep him going by reports but the board have overruled and said he must be sold if possible.

It looks like Arteta is going to face the same situation as Emery did. Him wanting one player and the board signing another.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta seems to want to keep him going by reports but the board have overruled and said he must be sold if possible.

It looks like Arteta is going to face the same situation as Emery did. Him wanting one player and the board signing another.

Eh? How is that the same situation in any way? Arteta wants AMN as a utility player, he's not good enough as a RB in a back 4.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Eh? How is that the same situation in any way? Arteta wants AMN as a utility player, he's not good enough as a RB in a back 4.

Arteta wants to keep the player.

The board want to sell him.

Therefore the board are calling the shots.

Football is not an 11 player game.

Manberg

Predator
Edu/Raul and co need to listen to Arteta. Any report that Arteta gets overruled makes me unhappy. Sell Sokratis, Guendouzi, Mustafi, Kolasinac etc first.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
@Rex Banter triggering me once again - how can all the top clubs be seemingly so blind as to not be mad about signing Ben White.

The guy's as much of a certain bet as it gets, will probably even have a good resell value whilst costing not excessive amounts of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom