• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There seems to be a campaign to get rid of players who are performing well in order to get this (notional) uber-midfielder who will win us the CL.

So we now sell both Bellerin and AMN? Who's on the right? Mefears we will end up weaker if we're not careful. This forum hasn't been infiltrated by Sp uds secret agents has it?

We wont sell both. I thought that was obvious though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There seems to be a campaign to get rid of players who are performing well in order to get this (notional) uber-midfielder who will win us the CL.

So we now sell both Bellerin and AMN? Who's on the right? Mefears we will end up weaker if we're not careful. This forum hasn't been infiltrated by Sp uds secret agents has it?

Where did you get we are selling both AMN & Bellerin?

Mudi

They play different positions and he is shining here. What makes you think he can't shine at other teams then?
Look at the players leaving Arsenal. Only Szczesny and Gnabry did make it (funny as they were not succesful at Arsenal). Iwobi, Ramsey, Wilshere, Welbeck, Walcott, Chamberlain, ... all performed well at some point at Arsenal but failed at their club. I don't see a difference with AMN.

drippin

Look at the players leaving Arsenal. Only Szczesny and Gnabry did make it (funny as they were not succesful at Arsenal). Iwobi, Ramsey, Wilshere, Welbeck, Walcott, Chamberlain, ... all performed well at some point at Arsenal but failed at their club. I don't see a difference with AMN.

Tbf of those you listed who didn't "succeed", only Iwobi was not heavily injury-prone player, and he just doesn't have the end product.

AMN is not injury prone and he doesn't play up-field. He has constantly improved, unlike Iwobi and I think was always more talented.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's not really zero! He will help increase funding for Party and Aouar.

In my opinion there are zero reasons to sell AMN based on his actual qualities, ability and what he's shown on the pitch for us, that's what annoys me. People are just desperate for new signings, which I don't think is a good enough reason to sacrifice a prospect like AMN for.

I'm content, as I've never believed we'll sign both Auoar and Partey. One is fine with me and we don't need to sell AMN to get one of them. Rome wasn't built overnight and neither will Arsenal fix every squad issue in one transfer window.

The clubs focus should be on trying to shift out the likes of Torreira, Guendouzi, Kola, Chambers etc, Players that are actually surplus to requirements unlike AMN.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
In my opinion there are zero reasons to sell AMN based on his actual qualities, ability and what he's shown on the pitch for us, that's what annoys me. People are just desperate for new signings, which I don't think is a good enough reason to sacrifice a prospect like AMN for.

I'm content, as I've never believed we'll sign both Auoar and Partey. One is fine with me and we don't need to sell AMN to get one of them. Rome wasn't built overnight and neither will Arsenal fix every squad issue in one transfer window.

The clubs focus should be on trying to shift out the likes of Torreira, Guendouzi, Kola, Chambers etc, Players that are actually surplus to requirements unlike AMN.

Guendouzi is much more talented than AMN. Kola and Chambers aren't going to generate anything substantial like AMN.

There are hugely convincing reasons to sell AMN. Selling him right now to make genuine upgrades in other positions is what a well run football club does.

The people against AMN are probably the same people who said we shouldn't sell Iwobi, that we'd be short on wingers, etc.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Guendouzi is much more talented than AMN. Kola and Chambers aren't going to generate anything substantial like AMN.

There are hugely convincing reasons to sell AMN. Selling him right now to make genuine upgrades in other positions is what a well run football club does.

The people against AMN are probably the same people who said we shouldn't sell Iwobi, that we'd be short on wingers, etc.
Nope, I don't want AMN to be sold and I wanted Iwobi gone. I wanted Gnabry to stay as much as I wanted Emi to.

I want Douzy out btw.

drippin

I would sell AMN for squad balance if necessary, but not for less than 35 million euros.

I thought we'd get 30 million euros for Iwobi and we did. The thought of selling Iwobi for good money was much easier for me.

(This might be a bit different window for prices though, because of covid, hard to tell.)

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well, anyone with a brain should've been devastated when Gnabry left.

AMN is similar to Iwobi in that they are non-transcendent players. AMN is a good fullback which probably makes him a bit better than Iwobi, who's just an average-decent winger for a top side, but if the question is between entering the season with a top player like Thomas or Aouar or a good fullback like Maitland-Niles the answer is really easy.

If you don't want Emi or AMN sold where do you expect the funds to come from? **** Torreira isn't generating anything from poverty Italian sides, and the big ones aren't interested because he's ****. Chambers coming off an ACL, Kola and Sokratis obviously not generating anything.

The thought of selling Iwobi for good money was much easier for me.

The reason I compare the two is because they're not elite talents or players we're really going to miss in a year or two if we're progressing as a club.

There are tonnes of more talented right backs out there who in a year or two we'll want to upgrade Bellerín with/we'd want to upgrade AMN with if we kept him. Tavares, Couto, Khellven, Dest, etc. are the types of talents we need to be aiming for, not Maitland-Niles. If we're lucky one of Oyegoke or Norton-Cuffy will turn out to be better players. Someone like Daley-Campbell could easily have as good or better career than him still.

In terms of the progression of the club it's really 10x more important to bring in a quality midfielder this season (Aouar/Partey) than it is to keep AMN. Let's not be short sighted.

Last edited:

drippin

AMN is similar to Iwobi in that they are non-transcendent players. AMN is a good fullback which probably makes him a bit better than Iwobi, who's just an average-decent winger for a top side, but if the question is between entering the season with a top player like Thomas or Aouar or a good fullback like Maitland-Niles the answer is really easy.

If you don't want Emi or AMN sold where do you expect the funds to come from? **** Torreira isn't generating anything from poverty Italian sides, and the big ones aren't interested because he's ****. Chambers coming off an ACL, Kola and Sokratis obviously not generating anything.

Well we are selling Torreira and Martinez. I think it's enough if we get Aouar/Partey and continue with the 3 atb.

If we want both, then either Bellerin or AMN has to go, but I prefer proper money for such players with 3 years in contract.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Well, anyone with a brain should've been devastated when Gnabry left.

The reason I compare the two is because they're not elite talents or players we're really going to miss in a year or two if we're progressing as a club.

There are tonnes of more talented right backs out there who in a year or two we'll want to upgrade Bellerín with/we'd want to upgrade AMN with if we kept him. Tavares, Couto, Khellven, Dest, etc. are the types of talents we need to be aiming for, not Maitland-Niles. If we're lucky one of Oyegoke or Norton-Cuffy will turn out to be better players. Someone like Daley-Campbell could easily have as good or better career than him still.

In terms of the progression of the club it's really 10x more important to bring in a quality midfielder this season (Aouar/Partey) than it is to keep AMN. Let's not be short sighted.
Honestly, get a freaking loan if necessary. That's how you show ambition.

Loans are used for many investors, why? Because you use them as investment in actives and pay them over time. But you gain more at the long run. You use money when it's more important. Key moments.

Sell the garbage cheaply. Even for free if necessary to free wages. Get your investment (Partey and Aouar) with money loaned and recover that money getting top4 and next season going through CL group and reaching in the best 16th at least.

Next year you can sell Douzy for better money, so if he is not sold now at least lean him so he can raise his price.

Sell Kola in installments and with a discount if necessary. Do the same with Torreira. It doesn't matter.if the money comes later, because you have the money loaned and you are freeing wages. Chambers and Mustafi should go cheap enough to be sold as well.

It seems bad selling that cheap, but they are lowering his value anyway. They are not raising his value next year because thy are getting older, contracts expiring and they won't play enough to shine.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Guendouzi is also an idiot, so I agree that he's not a deadwood type in terms of ability, but we've still been trying to ship him out

Getting rid of deadwood / unwanted players before even thinking about selling talented players like AMN is what a well run club does too!

I've accepted Martinez leaving even though I didn't like it, now AMN is next on the chopping block..... Where does this end? May as well sell Saka, he's not a guaranteed starter for us at the moment and he'll bring in a lot of money. Sorry, I like to keep players who have shown talent and ability for us. There's a reason Martinez and AMN will bring in good money, because they're good players.

Get Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Kola etc out the door first and then I'd maybe be more open to selling good players but I want the deadwood / unwanted players out first. You have to live within your means in terms of squad management too.

For the money we got for Iwobi we'd have been stupid to turn it down. It's not a fair comparison with the offers Wolves are putting in.

This Aouar obsession on here is getting out of hand, sure, buy him if we can, but not at any cost to our squad.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly, get a freaking loan if necessary. That's how you show ambition.

Loans are used for many investors, why? Because you use them as investment in actives and pay them over time. But you gain more at the long run. You use money when it's more important. Key moments.

Sell the garbage cheaply. Even for free if necessary to free wages. Get your investment (Partey and Aouar) with money loaned and recover that money getting top4 and next season going through CL group and reaching in the best 16th at least.

Next year you can sell Douzy for better money, so if he is not sold now at least lean him so he can raise his price.

Sell Kola in installments and with a discount if necessary. Do the same with Torreira. It doesn't matter.if the money comes later, because you have the money loaned and you are freeing wages. Chambers and Mustafi should go cheap enough to be sold as well.

It seems bad selling that cheap, but they are lowering his value anyway. They are not raising his value next year because thy are getting older, contracts expiring and they won't play enough to shine.

Get a loan :lol::lol::lol:

We don't need to do that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I dunno who said were selling both AMN and Bellerin :lol:

It’s clearly one or the other, increasingly looking like both are staying anyways.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Ainsley is happy with the game time then no reason for us to sell him tbf. I'm pretty sure we can afford to spend 30-70M net this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom