• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This, I'm surprised by. I think he has great potential there. You get the benefit of his midfield training when he inverts or is on the ball, and the benefit of his education as a winger when he overlaps. Defensively he has excellent recovery speed, is strong in duels and is very good one v one. There is a reason why several different managers (Arsenal, National Team and clubs interested) have seen his future there or as a wing-back.
I don't think he's that good at overlapping tbh, he's very hit and miss when he does it, almost as if he was never a winger. He can dribble pretty well though and I think that is handy at RB. Honestly, I just think he has much more potential as a deeper lying midfielder, he screens better and I think his duel winning is better served being able to move laterally rather than pinned down to one flank. The one time I think RB worked for him is in the inverted role he played under Arteta and that's basically because he was playing like a DM/CM, which is where he should be playing IMO.

The main thing he does well at RB is duel winning. He's good 1v1. Everything else he's very hit and miss there. I much prefer him in midfield, always have and most likely always will.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The main thing he does well at RB is duel winning. He's good 1v1. Everything else he's very hit and miss there. I much prefer him in midfield, always have and most likely always will.
I think he would be a useful squaddie if he had knuckled down and applied himself. Doubt he will ever be good enough as a midfielder though at a top half club.
His passing looks to be about the same level as Rob Holding.
He almost makes Elneny look like Pirlo :p

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
John Cross said Southampton also are interested and he expect both teams will make a move in next few days.

don't know how much we'll demand but between 15-20M should be acceptable he has 2 years in his contract.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Could have been a good right back if he applied himself, he just isn't good enough for CM. No surprise it's teams like West Brom and Warford that are in for him to play midfield.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Could've been amazing full back, people would kill to have his talent for that position but I guess you have to do what makes you happy. If he goes hopefully we get a good fee for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think this would be a good signing for Watford, young, versatile, homegrown and athletic. Easy for him as well in terms of location, and he woud quite likely have an important role to play there.

Question is, what would the fee be? I doubt he has a future here.
last season we demanded more than 20M. after this season i guess his value has dropped a bit anything between 15-20M will be acceptable for me

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

last season we demanded more than 20M. after this season i guess his value has dropped a bit anything between 15-20M will be acceptable for me
I think £15m+ 20% sell-on fee would be in line with what we can hope for. The question is also how the payment is structured. No doubt he has a future in the game, just perhaps not at Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think this would be a good signing for Watford, young, versatile, homegrown and athletic. Easy for him as well in terms of location, and he would quite likely have an important role to play there.

I think about £15m, £20m tops. In and around that. I'd be intrigued to see where they play him - I think Southampton might want him for either RB or CM, bit ambiguous there so maybe he doesn't go there. I think wherever he goes, he needs assurances he'll get regular game time and in midfield aswell. Hopefully he gets it, he needs another good proper run at CM. We should get a little 15-20m boost from that.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If the fee is £15m I would want that in 1 lump sum. Surely?
Not sure how often that happens anymore these days, the buying club will want to defer as much as possible to the future. The question is if we can come to an agreement.

We paid Partey's fee in full, but that was due to the buy out clause. That would not apply here, so I'd expect some bargaining over fee structure.

Goonger

I think this would be a good signing for Watford, young, versatile, homegrown and athletic. Easy for him as well in terms of location, and he would quite likely have an important role to play there.

Doesn't even have to change his route to the training ground with their training ground next door to ours.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't even have to change his route to the training ground with their training ground next door to ours.
No, I think for him it could be a very interesting option. Long term, it is important that we manage to develop players that go on to have a good career. Most will not make it here, but someone like Seb Larsson did very well for himself, and that is a solid advertisement for our youth setup.

I think if he is dead set on playing in midfield, he'll have a better chance at Watford.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No, I think for him it could be a very interesting option. Long term, it is important that we manage to develop players that go on to have a good career. Most will not make it here, but someone like Seb Larsson did very well for himself, and that is a solid advertisement for our youth setup.

I think if he is dead set on playing in midfield, he'll have a better chance at Watford.
This is something that's important. That players have a life after Arsenal. The biggest example we have is Gnabry who has forged a very successful career away from Arsenal. After that it's really limited to players that have done well after moving on. Very few players successfully transition to the first team. The whole point of the academy is to give players a footballing education to to make money on that education. That we don't suggests ours is a broken system.

Hinderz

Rumour flying around Twitter that AMN has drunkenly crashed his car on the M25. There’s a picture of a gunmetal g-wagon on its side.

Source unknown. Make of it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom