Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Jun 13, 2020.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I wouldn't want to lose AMN, I wouldnt call 20m staggering considering we got more for a lesser player in Iwobi.

truth_hurts likes this.
  3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

"staggering" How much was Jordon Ibe again?

4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Depends for me.

I'd really rather not sell him but it depends on what we're gonna do with him. They wanted to shoehorn him into RB and he wasn't having it. It can be argued that his attitude was bad in terms of his application regarding the role but ultimately I thought his skepticism was justified because it was not the best use of his abilities at all and I still believe that.

But they're obviously reluctant to use him in midfield - with the players ahead of him and his concentration issues being magnified every time he plays, he's likely to not play much as it is. £20m sounds pretty good, I'd try and get £25m if possible.

Yeah, I'd much rather keep him and give him more games in midfield but we're approaching a crossroads. We need to either play him more in positions where he will actually benefit the team (i.e. NOT right back, but midfield) or we need to sell and move on.

al-Ustaadh and Riou like this.
  6. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Sell

Troopz likes this.
  7. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Get rid ffs.

Troopz likes this.
  8. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

20m or 25m would be fantastic.

He’s shown glimpses of his potential but his attitude is an issue. The best players are the ones that are willing to put in a shift for the team regardless of where they play.

If he can’t displace Xhaka and Torreira in midfield then that clearly means he’s not good enough as they’ve both been dreadful.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Jordan Ibe showed some promise out on the right wing.

AMN doesn’t even have a position. I’m an Arsenal fan and I don’t know what his position is.

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Most likely, he’ll see out his deal and become a free agent. That will ensure a decent sign on fee and good wages.

If I was his agent, I’ll push for a loan and just run his deal down. Hopefully he reads this and takes Arsenal to the cleaners.

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

What in the utter f*ck is this source?

GDeep™ likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

A loan would be best for all, let him go out and develop. Reiss Nelson too.

13. rich 1990

He's a right back. Walcott wanted to be a central striker yet lacked things like talent. AMN wants to be a cm yet lacks things like concentration, passing, control and almost everything else. Just because a player wants to play a certain position doesn't mean he should.

lazyfreak and dashsnow17 like this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He’s not a RB though, he’s a CM. I think that’s where he’s played his youth football. He’s 22 and looks crap in midfield though.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  15. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

He wants to prove that he can hold down the CM spot yet has brain fart moments like this.

I remember him doing something similar in the Europa League too.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

This guy:
    https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E03AQHBItQHleQB2g/profile-displayphoto-shrink_200_200/0?e=1597276800&v=Betamax&t=XV-pR_pIGUkGY1rL7sScA-LXBZgUfG9xkCmdB6hNk0Q

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Let him go on loan, hold down a position and role, and we can sell him on the back of that.

Right now he’s 22 and all over the place. That’s not even young for a footballer.

18. rich 1990

Where he played in youth football is irrelevant. Its a completely different species. He can get away with all sorts there

If you look at his play at right back, his mistakes would have been catastrophic in.midfield, his lazy passing and terrible first touch. At 22, he is technically a complete joke.

Tourbillion likes this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

The club don’t think he’s a RB either, Arteta said AMN is a mid.

20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Listen I ain't no expert but I can watch a guy like Sokratis play at RB and see that he ain't no RB, he's a CB. Likewise I can watch AMN at RB and see that he kinda is a RB, and also that he definitely ain't a CM. It's that simple. Doesn't f*ckng matter what a players thinks, every player would be a f*cking striker if coaches didn't tell them otherwise.